CBS Corporation

CBS Corporation Employee Reviews

Nice company
Tax Analyst, INTERNATIONAL TAX DEPARTMENT (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 26, 2015
Good benefits. The people were, generally, very friendly and transparent. Provides really good experience to those starting off in tax.
Great Place to Work
Radio Broadcast Board Operator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 24, 2015
Great Place to Work. Interesting diverse people. Management was vary exp in there feild with great attention to detail
It's A Job and We're All Thankful for One!
Commercial Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: Some friendly staff
Cons: Compensation lacking, needs to step up their tech savvy, having appreciative upper management goes a long way
However, if you have ambition to learn and or move forward within the corporation! GOOD LUCK! Being someone who pushed myself and yearned to learn on my own was the only reason for a good work experience here!
Network
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great place to network and start career
Cons: None
Great place to work and network with others if you are trying to work in radio or television. I just started but I really enjoy this company.
Great Place to work lots of professionals
Executive Producer (Former Employee), Lanham, MdApril 6, 2015
A typical day in radio is arriving at work and not knowing what or who you're going to run into. More importantly it never seemed like work because I had so much fun.
great place to work for certin jobs
Broadcast Technician, Producer, Character-Talent (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, not a structured work enviroment
Cons: low pay for certin jobs, and some with no advancement
I loved my time with CBS.
My only draw back was that certain jobs had low pay with no raises.
certain Jobs had no advancement available.

overall 4 stars
productive, competitive, very good exposure to tech
Lead BI Analyst, Product Development and Strategy (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: expectations
Pretty good place to start one's career. Great technology, good people, culture is standard for tech companies, maybe a little more of a start-up feel than usual. I definitely recommend for those who get along well with the technology types.
good atmosphere
Manager, Client Services and Support (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 6, 2015
Pros: great co-workers with "team mentality"
In today"s economic climate you have to be open to reinvent yourself frequently and be willing to take on more tasks and learn new things.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Account Executive & Certified Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2015
Fun, diversify, Sales, new business development, Digital experience and training. Create, develop and engage clients with new strategies and build relationships.
Internship
Programming Intern (Current Employee), Lanham, MDMarch 2, 2015
So far, my internship with CBS Radio at All News 99.1 WNEW has been nothing short of excellent! I have learned more than I thought I could about being in the professional radio field. I look forward to continuing learning about anchoring, reporting and producing for news radio as I enter the last month of my internship. The people at WNEW are all very helpful and friendly, and I genuinely enjoy interning there.
A great place to work. Fun
Promotion Assistant/Board Operations (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: it was fun to work at
Cons: budget cuts
My day would start at 8am and end around 10pm on most days. I would work on the website in the morning. Then do my radio show. then go out to do promotion. I loved my co-worker they were family to me.
Talented Team
Manager, MVPD Content Distribution (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2015
I have been working at CBS over 2 years and in that time I have met great people who are fully invested in working hard and being team players.
Great company
Promotions Assistant/ Administrator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2015
It's a great company t work for but like in all jobs there is so much competition and some manager appreciate the things you do for them but some just don't care...But this is a great company to start with if you want to be in the radio, media industry
great company to work for
Promotion Coordinator (Current Employee), Southfield , MiFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: i get to interact with people which i love to do because i am a people person.
Cons: not a full time job and pay is not so good.
I have been working for CBS radio for 6 months now. Its only part time. I receive 25 hours a week. I can't get anymore hours. The pay is not so great. They pay $8.50 a hour.
No advancement for their on employees
Sales and Media Coordinator (Former Employee), Los AngelesFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: free events
Cons: pay
Good company, help the community. However, CBS would rather hire someone new than to promote someone within their team that already knows the system.
Best JOb Ever
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Very laid back environment. The management allows you to do your job and not always look over your shoulder. The schedules are great. People are very friendly. This is a company you can retire from.
Fun workplace,
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2015
large corporate atmosphere with multi stations located under one roof. lots of in office parties, drinking, talent visiting office, not a place to grow and a lot of revolving door employees.
Fun place to work but not to stay; low pay and no advancement.
Accountant II (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: random monthly lunches, free coffee, wonderful hands on meeting, great ceo
Cons: below market compensation and little to no advancement opportunities - high turnover
This a great company to hone your skills and grow especially out of college. CEO wonderful person but middle management unable to motivate staff. Typical day involves many tasks. Good thing about company is that they allow you to learn new tasks.
Excellent Tream
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 26, 2015
Analyzed and implemented a new Sales and Traffic System which
supports complex selling, planning, scheduling, order management,
distribution, billing, CRM and compliance requirements for the CBS
Network. A large part of this application included CRM to manage
Agencies and Sponsors.
Supported core organizational functions (Ad Sales & Traffic; Business
Affairs; planning and scheduling; CRM) and business processes.
Gathered requirements for the new Ad Sales system, documenting
existing business workflow in legacy system, defining new software
requirements, and guided business users through implementation
planning, implementation and user acceptance testing efforts.
Wrote and executed test cases (QA) in Microsoft Test Manager utilizing
Microsoft Visual Studio for all iterations of project.
Trained sales staff in the use of the new system.
Fun, creative atmosphere
On Air Broadcaster (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: creative, professional
Cons: n/a
This career wasn't a clock in and clock out type of job. A lot of work was brought home in order to stay on top on current events. A broadcaster has to have a clear understanding and be entrenched in the culture of the radio station. I was a sports broadcaster in San Francisco and Sacramento and that required me to attend live events and constantly follow the local team and national news.
Headquarters