CBS Corporation Employee Reviews

General Sales Manager responsible for all elements of sales department
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 20, 2015
As the General Sales Manager I worked as the sole sales manager to develop and train the sales department, create new revenue streams for growth, and grow the station local and national spot, ntr, and digital revenue.
Hard to break in but great atmosphere
Promotions Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2015
It is very hard to get in and move up but the experience of working there is great. You work interesting events and get many fringe benefits but the pay is minimal and advancement opportunities are few and far between. That being said I had some really incredible experiences working for the Sports Hub Street Team that I would not have had otherwise. This is a great job to get into the industry but expecting to work there full time is generally not realistic.
Pros
Swag, laid back atmosphere/ great coworkers
Cons
low pay, tough to get hours
lots to learn
WCBS-TV Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
CBS is a great place to start as an intern. There are lots of opportunities to work on projects and gain exposure to the happenings of the company.
I love radio
Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 15, 2015
CBS Radio is great. With a focus on FM Sports and News, it's truly leading the way in terms of content.

I would love to work there again!
fun
Radio Personality (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2015
lots of work, willing to pay overtime but not promote to full-time for benefits. promotions from within are difficult.
Excellent Job. If job open TAKE IT!
Receptionist/Sales Asst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 6, 2015
I LOVED working for CBS Radio. Great benefits such as; free concert tickets, DVDs, etc. The management was great as well as all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when you would get extremely busy and its just you. The best part was the work environment.
Pros
Awesome work environment
Cons
there is none
n/a
Telemarketer, Marketing Department (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 6, 2015
typical day would be slow paced outbound call center very quiet not to much interaction with other employees or with manager
Professional and Productive
National Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort.Lauderdale, FLJune 30, 2015
Excellent company to work with that believes is Business Ethics. Management is supportive to family & personal problems. Their HR department is a definite advocate for the employees.
Fast paced, ever evolving media products and opportunities to form partnerships with a myriad of businesses locally and nationally
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2015
A typical day at work is not typical in any way. Each day is different with new challenges and opportunities to forge partnerships with businesses and match our assets to theirs to help them increase sales and branding objectives. The hardest part of the day is filling out the paperwork and the easiest part is the face to face meetings.
Good to get your foot on the door...
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisJune 28, 2015
Overall management doesn't really care for the little people, unless you are making them some sort of money--talent, AE's-- they don't care for the administrative team. They will fire people and pile on work to the team without any monetary compensation. I guess it's good to get your foot in the door if you are a recent grad, and it looks good in a resume-but other then that-- it's best you start looking for a new job soon after your first year there.
good place
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CAJune 27, 2015
Good place to work and was close to home as well. I loved working in the radio side of the industry and hoped for alot more within the time which I was working for them.
Productive and fun workplace
State and Local Tax Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2015
As an intern, you are responsible for completing estimates and returns. All the information for completing them is provided for you. We only enter in the information properly and have it reviewed by managers. Sometimes we do apportionment. Many times, we have to look through governmental documents for compliance with the tax law.
Pros
very flexible with time. steep learning curve.
Exciting and Inspiring position and work environment.
Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 3, 2015
A typical work day includes writing proposals to artist management and record labels to facilitate on-air promotional opportunities and working directly with sales department to create and implement client based marketing opportunities. In summary, working on promotional concepts to expand our brand, client and customer relationships. I have learned a vast amount of Marketing strategies which align with different aspects of our business such as on-air contesting, on-site event planning and on-line marketing including E-mail, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms. Coworkers are enthusiastic and ready to assist in the development of new programs. Challenges include working with Legal Teams and CBS Corporate to implement forward thinking strategies (aka getting past the "red tape" so to speak). Working for a large corporation can have drawbacks but also many rewards including large span outreach and broader communication among markets. The most enjoyable aspect of my position is working directly with programming and sales to bring new marketing and promotional concepts to fruition.
Pros
Attending concerts.
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement.
productive fun place with a good learning environment
Administrative assistant/ Customer service (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 1, 2015
I learned how to work with a very diverse group of people, as well as how to effectively resolve technical problems. Staying on top of current developments that might impact my field. How to prioritize issues by level of importance.
Awesome Job.
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2015
Working for CBS was an awesome job. The promotions department keeps everything running within the radio station. Each day was a new adventure.
Productive staff, workplace, and fun to work at.
Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southfield MIMay 17, 2015
Great Staff, fun environment, great company. The people working at CBS are always full of energy and are excited to be there. I am fortunate to have worked in a great environment.
Life as a production designer
Production Designer (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoMay 5, 2015
This job is very important here at CNET. A wonderful place to work at and the people here are phemnomenal. Everyone is willing to help you out or guide you to where you need to go. The company has a great head on it's shoulders and does a great job with updating us with what's going on in the company quarterly.
Experience @ CBS Radio
Director of IT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2015
I found my experience at CBS Radio to be a great one. From my direct report (General Manager) all the way to the Account Executives, everyone was amazing. It was like family.

There was no such thing as a typical day as each one was different that posed new challenges. I like that a lot because it not only keeps it interesting but it opens yourself to new learning opportunities.

I rated Job Security with 2 stars because of the volatility of the radio industry. I thought I would be there for years to come but within 1 year they were 1 million over budget and started cutting jobs. Mine was one of the many.
Pros
Management, co-workers, culture, atmosphere
Cons
No stability
Nice company
Tax Analyst, INTERNATIONAL TAX DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2015
Good benefits. The people were, generally, very friendly and transparent. Provides really good experience to those starting off in tax.
Great Place to Work
Radio Broadcast Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 24, 2015
Great Place to Work. Interesting diverse people. Management was vary exp in there feild with great attention to detail

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBS Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.