CBS Corporation

CBS Corporation Employee Reviews

Awesome Job.
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2015
Working for CBS was an awesome job. The promotions department keeps everything running within the radio station. Each day was a new adventure.
Productive staff, workplace, and fun to work at.
Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southfield MIMay 17, 2015
Great Staff, fun environment, great company. The people working at CBS are always full of energy and are excited to be there. I am fortunate to have worked in a great environment.
Life as a production designer
Production Designer (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoMay 5, 2015
This job is very important here at CNET. A wonderful place to work at and the people here are phemnomenal. Everyone is willing to help you out or guide you to where you need to go. The company has a great head on it's shoulders and does a great job with updating us with what's going on in the company quarterly.
Experience @ CBS Radio
Director of IT (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2015
I found my experience at CBS Radio to be a great one. From my direct report (General Manager) all the way to the Account Executives, everyone was amazing. It was like family.

There was no such thing as a typical day as each one was different that posed new challenges. I like that a lot because it not only keeps it interesting but it opens yourself to new learning opportunities.

I rated Job Security with 2 stars because of the volatility of the radio industry. I thought I would be there for years to come but within 1 year they were 1 million over budget and started cutting jobs. Mine was one of the many.
Pros
Management, co-workers, culture, atmosphere
Cons
No stability
Nice company
Tax Analyst, INTERNATIONAL TAX DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2015
Good benefits. The people were, generally, very friendly and transparent. Provides really good experience to those starting off in tax.
Great Place to Work
Radio Broadcast Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 24, 2015
Great Place to Work. Interesting diverse people. Management was vary exp in there feild with great attention to detail
It's A Job and We're All Thankful for One!
Commercial Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 21, 2015
However, if you have ambition to learn and or move forward within the corporation! GOOD LUCK! Being someone who pushed myself and yearned to learn on my own was the only reason for a good work experience here!
Pros
Some friendly staff
Cons
Compensation lacking, needs to step up their tech savvy, having appreciative upper management goes a long way
Network
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 8, 2015
Great place to work and network with others if you are trying to work in radio or television. I just started but I really enjoy this company.
Pros
Great place to network and start career
Cons
Great Place to work lots of professionals
Executive Producer (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MdApril 6, 2015
A typical day in radio is arriving at work and not knowing what or who you're going to run into. More importantly it never seemed like work because I had so much fun.
great place to work for certin jobs
Broadcast Technician, Producer, Character-Talent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 30, 2015
I loved my time with CBS.
My only draw back was that certain jobs had low pay with no raises.
certain Jobs had no advancement available.

overall 4 stars
Pros
Free Lunch, not a structured work enviroment
Cons
low pay for certin jobs, and some with no advancement
productive, competitive, very good exposure to tech
Lead BI Analyst, Product Development and Strategy (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2015
Pretty good place to start one's career. Great technology, good people, culture is standard for tech companies, maybe a little more of a start-up feel than usual. I definitely recommend for those who get along well with the technology types.
Pros
hours
Cons
expectations
good atmosphere
Manager, Client Services and Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2015
In today"s economic climate you have to be open to reinvent yourself frequently and be willing to take on more tasks and learn new things.
Pros
great co-workers with "team mentality"
Account executive
Account Executive & Certified Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2015
Fun, diversify, Sales, new business development, Digital experience and training. Create, develop and engage clients with new strategies and build relationships.
Internship
Programming Intern (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDMarch 2, 2015
So far, my internship with CBS Radio at All News 99.1 WNEW has been nothing short of excellent! I have learned more than I thought I could about being in the professional radio field. I look forward to continuing learning about anchoring, reporting and producing for news radio as I enter the last month of my internship. The people at WNEW are all very helpful and friendly, and I genuinely enjoy interning there.
A great place to work. Fun
Promotion Assistant/Board Operations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2015
My day would start at 8am and end around 10pm on most days. I would work on the website in the morning. Then do my radio show. then go out to do promotion. I loved my co-worker they were family to me.
Pros
it was fun to work at
Cons
budget cuts
Talented Team
Manager, MVPD Content Distribution (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2015
I have been working at CBS over 2 years and in that time I have met great people who are fully invested in working hard and being team players.
Great company
Promotions Assistant/ Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2015
It's a great company t work for but like in all jobs there is so much competition and some manager appreciate the things you do for them but some just don't care...But this is a great company to start with if you want to be in the radio, media industry
great company to work for
Promotion Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southfield , MiFebruary 12, 2015
I have been working for CBS radio for 6 months now. Its only part time. I receive 25 hours a week. I can't get anymore hours. The pay is not so great. They pay $8.50 a hour.
Pros
i get to interact with people which i love to do because i am a people person.
Cons
not a full time job and pay is not so good.
No advancement for their on employees
Sales and Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesFebruary 6, 2015
Good company, help the community. However, CBS would rather hire someone new than to promote someone within their team that already knows the system.
Pros
free events
Cons
pay
Best JOb Ever
Associate Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Very laid back environment. The management allows you to do your job and not always look over your shoulder. The schedules are great. People are very friendly. This is a company you can retire from.