CBS Corporation

CBS Corporation Employer Reviews

A productive but fun work environment. Very friendly.
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 14, 2014
A typical day in the office includes answering phone calls, working with on air personalities, processing/filing paperwork, as well as distributing prizes to winners. I've learned a great deal of patience and how to work with others. Not only that but how the radio business works. Management and Co-Workers are a wonderful group of people who are all easy to work with and get along with. The hardest part of my job is dealing with prize winners and having to be patient with them. And the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with amazing people, meeting new people, and getting to listen to music all day.
Great Place to Start
Marketing and Promotions Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: free access to concert, networking, fun
Cons: short breaks, long hours, non-traditional work hours
CBS radio is a great place to start you career, but there is not much room for growth. Radio is changing and less opportunities are available.
Learned so many things!!
Station Intern (Former Employee), Southfield, MISeptember 26, 2014
Having the mentor that I did allowed me to learn copious amounts of things concerning radio and the various duties it takes to make certain that it is ran smoothly daily.
A day in the life of a Street Teamer
Street Team Member, WBZ-AM (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 24, 2014
We arrive early in the morning at the station to gather up the gear and head out to the site. The management always has what we need put together and ready to go, they started as team members so they know what we need. The guys I work with all know what they're doing so it was great. I love the people I work with and the work I am doing, you just get to talk to so many different types of people.
Fun but got corporate
Interim Asst Program Director (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Really enjoyed the job early on but later on it got really corporate and management became too involved and micro managed.
Intern (Former Employee), Lanham, MDSeptember 23, 2014
Fast paced, great learning experience for anyone who wants to get into the media business.
Satisfactory Job
Account Executive (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2014
I did not realize what was getting myself into. Potential to make some serious money, but you have to put in the work for at least 1 year before you start to see a return.
Great "hands-on" Internship
Tax Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: coworkers, flexible schedule during school semester
- Prepare estimates, extensions, and returns for various entities
- learned a lot about the State and Local Tax field and how much information it requires
- Management taught me teamwork, communication, and professionalism.
- great coworkers who taught me and kept a good work environment
Fun and Team Work Mentality
On Air Personality/Weekends/Public Affair Director (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2014
Fun place to work. Everyday is a different adventure in which great work ethic beats all odds. Co-workers are always willing to help you succeed.
Fun place to work but with a lot of pressure to exceed goals
Account Executive (Former Employee), St. Louis, MissouriSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, fun atmosphere
Cons: lots of pressure to exceed goals
Working environment was fast paced and challenging. People were fun to work with and enjoyed each other. Management was tough and expectations were high. The best part of the job were meeting all the talent and famous people who regularly were present to converse with.
Hard to move up
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 14, 2014
It's a great company but very hard to move up and get promoted to a better position.
Not a bad start
Assistant Producer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 10, 2014
CBS is an awful hard place to move up in. If you need a start in radio it, is a great place to start.
Sold advertising on CBS Radio properties including Chicago Bears and Chicago White Sox radio networks and 670 the SCORE
SPORTS SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee), ChicagoSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: the thrill of victory. securing a sale
Cons: losing a sale. client not interested.
A typical day would be to go to office and schedule meetings with prospective advertisers or meet with them. The best time to meet clients is 9am-11am Monday thru Friday. During baseball season I would entertain clients in the CBS Radio suite and watch a Chicago White Sox home game.

Hardest part of the job is getting thru to decision makers and securing the appointment.

Most enjoyable is securing a sponsorship and spending quality time after working hours with sponsor.
It's Radio
Board Operator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2014
It's a radio gig. There is no loyalty but it is a good way to get your foot in door.
Fun Work Environment
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2014
• Responsible for promoting the image of multiple CBS stations
• Assist at special events for the stations and clients
• Participate with general branding and marketing activities
Very disappointed
National Digital Account Manager (Current Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 20, 2014
no training bad management revolving door. Very disappointed that CBS doesn't have better on boarding process
PROMOTION STAFF
cbs radio (Former Employee), Farmington, CTAugust 18, 2014
make sure all promotions run smooth. also make sure
all promo events are promoted correctly.
Inspiring place filled with personalities.
Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: freebies and personalities
Cons: hard to advance, no benefits, work is scarce in winter
This place is very interesting. Never a dull moment when the building you work in is home to some of Los Angeles's best radio hosts. This place helped me break out of my shell with all the inspirational folks walking around. Management was very easy and pleasant just like the majority of co workers. Hardest duties were stocking the supplies which wasn't often and also gave you more hours. Best part was the events. Every event was an adventure.
good
Account Executive (Current Employee), St. louis , moAugust 9, 2014
ok. not a lot of advancement for sceneok. not a lot of advancement for sceneok. not a lot of advancement for sceneok. not a lot of advancement for sceneok. not a lot of advancement for sceneok. not a lot of advancement for scene
Productive Department
Corporate Services/ Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great boss
Cons: short lunches
My coworkers / Boss have a great sense of humor.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers, however, we do our best to make sure we resolve the issue.

The most enjoyable part of the day is when customers calls appreciating our services and professionalism.

About CBS Corporation

The forensic evidence shows this company is tops in the TV ratings. CBS Broadcasting owns and operates the CBS Television Network, – Read more