CBS Corporation

CBS Corporation Employer Reviews

Summer Internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 21, 2013
This was an internship I did. I learned how to work some of the radio equipment in the studio. We also learned how to edit some of the shows.
Productive, informative and great learning platform.
Activation Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 20, 2013
I have been part of CBS for over 7 years now and have learned so much within the media industry. I had the pleasure of working on numerous multi-million dollar accounts, activating huge campaigns, putting together events that ranged anywhere from 500-30,000 people. This is a great company, but I would love to have the opportunity for new growth and – more... experience at this current time in my career. – less
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CANovember 19, 2013
CBS Radio is a fun environment, very productive great people.
Contracted employee
Mobile Trafficking Analyst (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 6, 2013
So far so good.
Manager is awesome, helpful and totally easy to talk to.
Co workers are great. They don't mind answering constant questions I have.
Really good learning experience for those goal oriented in mobile marketing.
n/a
Integrated Media Manager (Current Employee), New York NYOctober 18, 2013
Great corporation. Ready and willing to offer help where needed. Not one person doing the job of five people..
Great but alot of drama
Sales-Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2013
Loved the radio world but there was just too much drama with the staff and company.
A nice place to work
Marketing Consultant/Account Executive (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 14, 2013
I have learned many new skills while working for CBS Radio. It has allowed me room to grow and enhance my skills and abilities. It has made me confident in my negotiating and project management skills.
I love being creative and organize events and also promote them
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 8, 2013
A normal day at CBS was like being at home, I like to interact much with listeners, I learned many things in regards to how to promote events, organized, etc..
My manager was always aware of everything we needed, and i loved to work with her.
The part I liked was when we had to organize concerts and give away tickets on the streets, because I felt the – more... joy of radio listeners – less
Fun working environment
Account Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2013
CBS is a huge company and I enjoyed working in media. Everyday was different and I enjoyed my co-workers.
Major corporation with opportunity for advancement
Assistant Promotions Director (Former Employee), Lanham, MDSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: opportunity to advance, exciting events, meeting celebrities
Cons: working weekends and late nights
Non typical cubical office setting with excitement at every turn.
Self-starting company with great management
Account Executive (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 25, 2013
Pros: tickets
Cons: work is your life
You need to have great time management and organizational skills to be successful. Persistency is key and knowledge of the company's products are essential. Prospecting and cold calling are an integral part of the sales process the new employee may find difficult. There are many perks to the job and can be a great company to work for once you get your – more... accounts built up. – less
Great company with great employees
Marketing and Promotion Director (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: long hours, lack of staff
Stayed there for seven years and would have stayed forever if I didn't relocate. Great people, creative, great environment, great growth potential.
Productive Newsroom Environment
Assistant Producer at CBSNews.com (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2013
Pros: collaborations with seasoned producers, edit teams and experts in their field.
Productive newsroom environment with many moving parts on both the web and broadcast sides. Opportunities to utilize cross-platform media and wear many hats.
Fun and great place to learn your craft!
Production Intern (Former Employee), ChicagoAugust 23, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: not very many jobs available
I was a production intern with the Sports station and had nothing but fun and productive days there. I wish there was an opening there when I was done because it would be a great place to work.
Advertising Sales for Fortune 500 Company
Account Executive (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: meet new people everyday through outside business to business sales
Cons: n/a
100% commission based advertising sales executive for CBS Radio in the Philadelphia market
Rewarding environment with a lot of opportunities for learning experiences
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, free concerts, meet artists, event experience
Cons: a lot of driving
I was a promotions assistant for Radio Alice in San Francisco. Although I had been a promotions assistant for other stations for over 4 years throughout college, the few months I spent at CBS was equally as rewarding. It was my first time working in a major market and working with this team has taught me so much. This promotions team was very active – more... online and throughout the social networking community. I also learned how to be nifty with a budget and how to work with managers that might have a different vision than you. I often worked at concerts and festivals and was able to see live performances. – less
Fun workplace
Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2013
Great workplace!!! Fun place to be at, treated like we are family!
great place I'm a lover of music and entertainment
ASSISTANT TO OPERATION MANAGER/PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 7, 2013
Pros: music my love and people
Cons: working schedule at times
awesome job. I'm a lover of music and live entertainment. This job opportunity taught me a lot .
Laid back environment with many perks.
Promotions/Events Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2013
Great place to start to get your foot in the door of the music industry. Compensation on the other hand is not great.
Considered Home
Account Executive (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2013
Pros: education and community involvement
CBS is where I began my sales career, having the opportunity to work with a great company twice in my lifetime has been amazing. I would do it again and again and again!

About CBS Corporation

The forensic evidence shows this company is tops in the TV ratings. CBS Broadcasting owns and operates the CBS Television Network, – Read more