CBS Corporation

CBS Corporation Employer Reviews

good
Account Executive (Current Employee), St. louis , moAugust 9, 2014
ok. not a lot of advancement for sceneok. not a lot of advancement for sceneok. not a lot of advancement for sceneok. not a lot of advancement for sceneok. not a lot of advancement for sceneok. not a lot of advancement for scene
Productive Department
Corporate Services/ Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great boss
Cons: short lunches
My coworkers / Boss have a great sense of humor.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers, however, we do our best to make sure we resolve the issue.

The most enjoyable part of the day is when customers calls appreciating our services and professionalism.
Chaotic environment
Engineer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: 3rd thursday and being in san francisco isn't too shabby either
Cons: short sighted thinking and reactive culture
There are lots of talented people in the company with lots of potential.
Excellent
Research Manager (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 27, 2014
Best position I have held. I was able to work with sales staff, station management and programming. I negotiated with outside vendors and trained internal Account Executives.
Fun place to work
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2014
Its a fun place to work and a good job to get your foot in the door to a national corporation.
Great place to start off your career
Senior Technician, Client Services and Support (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 23, 2014
Pros: relaxed enirovment, great company benefits
Cons: no career advancement
CBS Corporation is a great company to work for. The company offers great benefits. It gives you a lot of exposure to the media industry. The management team in my department a great mentors and they are always looking to train you to do better.
CBS Radio Review Summary
Receptionist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 22, 2014
I enjoy CBS Radio a lot. Everyone is so warm and friendly and I love keeping organized and interacting with callers on the phone.
great company
Marketing and Promotions Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaJuly 18, 2014
great environment and endless potential to expand your career.
It's radio...
Senior Account Executive, Digital Media Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: fun place to work, decent pay and benefits
Cons: every man/woman for themselves, chaotic, no structure or organization, very dog-eat-dog
Had a great time working there but radio isn't for me. Lots of cold calling, accounts are a free for all. Management is stuck in the 90's. But it is a fun atmosphere and has plenty of perks like concerts, sporting events, creativity is encouraged. There are some great people there who are nice outside of work but they'll cut your throat over accounts.
Good place to work at
Show Editor (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 8, 2014
Good place to work at. You are given opportunities to work on your craft, but I am trying to grow within the company, but it is harder than expected.
NA
Marketing and Promotions Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2014
Great experience. I learned a lot about the radio and music industry as well as promotions and marketing.
Unfair
National Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 1, 2014
There is no room for advancement in this company. People are hired based on who they know within the company. It is all politics.
Horrible Company
Digital Media Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2014
Horrible Company. Stay far away. Managers are horrible. System is horrible. It's a dinosaur of a company
Nice internship for college student
Sales Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 24, 2014
Pros: not much responsibility, tasks assigned were relatively easy, account executives were really nice
Cons: unpaid internship
I typical work day was different every day. Some days would be helping the day-to-day activities with your assigned Account Executive, while other days might be doing some paperwork or helping with the mailing. Everyone was pretty nice, and when they had a musician come to the radio station for an interview -- sometimes you would be able to meet them.
Assistant Promotions-KNCI (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 16, 2014
Enjoyed working here and leaning about new artists! It was great to get out around Sacramento and meet new people! Interesting to see how certain events are set up.
Small family type atmosphere with a sprinkle of management/station changes (here and there) and a side of corporate lay-offs.
Production Engineer/Board Operator (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 22, 2014
Pros: client swag and employment recognition
Cons: no ratings no future
Coming into a consistent work schedule and environment. Running an audio console for live in house and syndicated shows. While helping with the creative process of building a currant and entertaining show. After the board operating shift ending, I was able to assist in the production and downloading/importing of commercials for later trafficking into a broadcast software.

I learned all about the magic of radio and how to tap into my creative side. I also was able to reinforce my audio software skills, as-well as testing my small remote broadcasting equipment troubleshooting techniques.

Management was pretty consistent and easy to get in touch with offering an open door policy.

Co-workers were focused on their trades and easy to get along with.

The hardest part of my job was getting laid off because of a format change and the corporation bringing in new management that didn't evaluate employee importance and value before laying-off.

The best part of my job was its creative flexibility and the small family type atmosphere.
Commercial Clearance Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, New YorkApril 15, 2014
Whenever issues arise there are always a wide variety of ways to fix them.
Good company and excellent team
SENIOR MANAGER - Enterprise Solutions Delivery (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2014
The company is not bad to work for. it has good benefits and maintains a good work life balance.
On Air Personality, Production Assistant Dir, Mix Show Dj
On Air Personality, Production Assistant Dir, Dj (Former Employee), Lanham, MDMarch 6, 2014
Pros: good work environment, benefits, hours
I started with CBS radio as a Mix Show Dj, I was promoted to a Production Assistant Director and ended as an On Air Talent/Mix Show Dj
N\A
Lead Technical Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2014
It is pretty good.

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job

About CBS Corporation

The forensic evidence shows this company is tops in the TV ratings. CBS Broadcasting owns and operates the CBS Television Network, – Read more