CBS Corporation

CBS Corporation Employer Reviews

Fun Place to work
Account Executive (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 16, 2014
It was a great experience. Learned the logistics behind radio sales/ advertisement
It's radio...
Senior Account Executive, Digital Media Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: fun place to work, decent pay and benefits
Cons: every man/woman for themselves, chaotic, no structure or organization, very dog-eat-dog
Had a great time working there but radio isn't for me. Lots of cold calling, accounts are a free for all. Management is stuck in the 90's. But it is a fun atmosphere and has plenty of perks like concerts, sporting events, creativity is encouraged. There are some great people there who are nice outside of work but they'll cut your throat over accounts.
Good place to work at
Show Editor (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 8, 2014
Good place to work at. You are given opportunities to work on your craft, but I am trying to grow within the company, but it is harder than expected.
NA
Marketing and Promotions Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2014
Great experience. I learned a lot about the radio and music industry as well as promotions and marketing.
Unfair
National Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 1, 2014
There is no room for advancement in this company. People are hired based on who they know within the company. It is all politics.
Horrible Company
Digital Media Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 26, 2014
Horrible Company. Stay far away. Managers are horrible. System is horrible. It's a dinosaur of a company
Nice internship for college student
Sales Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 24, 2014
Pros: not much responsibility, tasks assigned were relatively easy, account executives were really nice
Cons: unpaid internship
I typical work day was different every day. Some days would be helping the day-to-day activities with your assigned Account Executive, while other days might be doing some paperwork or helping with the mailing. Everyone was pretty nice, and when they had a musician come to the radio station for an interview -- sometimes you would be able to meet them.
Assistant Promotions-KNCI (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 16, 2014
Enjoyed working here and leaning about new artists! It was great to get out around Sacramento and meet new people! Interesting to see how certain events are set up.
Small family type atmosphere with a sprinkle of management/station changes (here and there) and a side of corporate lay-offs.
Production Engineer/Board Operator (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 22, 2014
Pros: client swag and employment recognition
Cons: no ratings no future
Coming into a consistent work schedule and environment. Running an audio console for live in house and syndicated shows. While helping with the creative process of building a currant and entertaining show. After the board operating shift ending, I was able to assist in the production and downloading/importing of commercials for later trafficking into – more... a broadcast software.

I learned all about the magic of radio and how to tap into my creative side. I also was able to reinforce my audio software skills, as-well as testing my small remote broadcasting equipment troubleshooting techniques.

Management was pretty consistent and easy to get in touch with offering an open door policy.

Co-workers were focused on their trades and easy to get along with.

The hardest part of my job was getting laid off because of a format change and the corporation bringing in new management that didn't evaluate employee importance and value before laying-off.

The best part of my job was its creative flexibility and the small family type atmosphere. – less
Commercial Clearance Supervisor (Current Employee), New York, New YorkApril 15, 2014
Whenever issues arise there are always a wide variety of ways to fix them.
Good company and excellent team
SENIOR MANAGER - Enterprise Solutions Delivery (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2014
The company is not bad to work for. it has good benefits and maintains a good work life balance.
On Air Personality, Production Assistant Dir, Mix Show Dj
On Air Personality, Production Assistant Dir, Dj (Former Employee), Lanham, MDMarch 6, 2014
Pros: good work environment, benefits, hours
I started with CBS radio as a Mix Show Dj, I was promoted to a Production Assistant Director and ended as an On Air Talent/Mix Show Dj
N\A
Lead Technical Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 28, 2014
It is pretty good.

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great place to start a career
Promotions and Marketing Intern (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 18, 2014
I loved my experience with CBS Radio and thought it was a great place to learn prommotional marketing within the radio universe
Great local team
Multi-Media Account Executive (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: entertainment industry perks
Cons: lots of management from nyc making directives that made no sense in atl.
Exceeded revenue projections with this Atlanta based sales and marketing team
Quality company, with several divisions
Digital Sales Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: with so many divisions, channel conflict was a challenge
Learned all phases of advertising/management, from on air to online to on-site, TV, radio and digital execution.
Great cluster of radio stations
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: can make good money
Cons: work and life balance is poor
CBS is a good company to work for as long as you have a good DOS and GSM.
Company with a vision, that adheres to strategic and financial plans.
CBS Corporate Division, Director (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2014
This was the best work experience in my 27 year career and I was disappointed to have to leave. But my wife took positions for her career in Atlanta, and then Chicago, but I am looking forward to returning to New York.
Sales Coordinator, WJHM-FM (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2014
CBS Corporation is a great company to work for. Great benefits and talented team members
Great place to work!
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 26, 2014
This is a great company to work for!! I love the people and the option is there to push yourself to advance your career!

About CBS Corporation

The forensic evidence shows this company is tops in the TV ratings. CBS Broadcasting owns and operates the CBS Television Network, – Read more