CBS Corporation

CBS Corporation Employer Reviews

Great company with great employees
Marketing and Promotion Director (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: long hours, lack of staff
Stayed there for seven years and would have stayed forever if I didn't relocate. Great people, creative, great environment, great growth potential.
Productive Newsroom Environment
Assistant Producer at CBSNews.com (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2013
Pros: collaborations with seasoned producers, edit teams and experts in their field.
Productive newsroom environment with many moving parts on both the web and broadcast sides. Opportunities to utilize cross-platform media and wear many hats.
Fun and great place to learn your craft!
Production Intern (Former Employee), ChicagoAugust 23, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: not very many jobs available
I was a production intern with the Sports station and had nothing but fun and productive days there. I wish there was an opening there when I was done because it would be a great place to work.
Advertising Sales for Fortune 500 Company
Account Executive (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: meet new people everyday through outside business to business sales
Cons: n/a
100% commission based advertising sales executive for CBS Radio in the Philadelphia market
Rewarding environment with a lot of opportunities for learning experiences
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, free concerts, meet artists, event experience
Cons: a lot of driving
I was a promotions assistant for Radio Alice in San Francisco. Although I had been a promotions assistant for other stations for over 4 years throughout college, the few months I spent at CBS was equally as rewarding. It was my first time working in a major market and working with this team has taught me so much. This promotions team was very active – more... online and throughout the social networking community. I also learned how to be nifty with a budget and how to work with managers that might have a different vision than you. I often worked at concerts and festivals and was able to see live performances. – less
Fun workplace
Promotions Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2013
Great workplace!!! Fun place to be at, treated like we are family!
great place I'm a lover of music and entertainment
ASSISTANT TO OPERATION MANAGER/PROGRAM DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 7, 2013
Pros: music my love and people
Cons: working schedule at times
awesome job. I'm a lover of music and live entertainment. This job opportunity taught me a lot .
Laid back environment with many perks.
Promotions/Events Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2013
Great place to start to get your foot in the door of the music industry. Compensation on the other hand is not great.
Considered Home
Account Executive (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2013
Pros: education and community involvement
CBS is where I began my sales career, having the opportunity to work with a great company twice in my lifetime has been amazing. I would do it again and again and again!
CBS Radio was wonderful!!
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 18, 2013
Pros: loved all the radio stations i sold.
Worked for CBS Radio Sales for 13 years. I had to leave I had 2 amazing little boys and I wanted to stay home with them and watch them grow. They are both old enough to attend school and mommy is ready to go back to work. I have always worked in the corporate work and can not wait to go back.
LIVE 105FM was great
Promotions Team Member (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2013
Pros: free concerts
I enjoyed working with the Promotions Team. We were able to watch some of the concerts we were working when we were finished promoting. The team members were really nice and we all worked hard, but also had a lot of fun.
Fun place to work, Management, people.
Promotions Assistant/Board Operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 28, 2013
Pros: free lunches, concert and game tickets, promotional items
Cons: late work hours
Typical day at work would be going to events, setting up a tent, passing out promotional items, and interacting with our listeners.

I've learned about the Radio business, how they make their money, how the Program Director programs the station, and the management side of the Promotions department.

The Management was awesome. The radio business, as – more... what people say, are full of ego's, but that's not the case at all. The managers have no problem teaching you the ropes.

My co-workers are the best. We all help each other.

My job is not really hard.

I enjoy making the listeners happy when we show up to events. – less
Productive workplace with relaxed and friendly atmosphere
Marketing and Promotions Intern (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 26, 2013
- Each day was filled with interesting tasks such as researching Chicago events to go to, giving out prizes to listeners, writing on-air promos, and going out to venues to promote the brand
Support Marketing
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJune 17, 2013
I coordinated events and was responsible for customer interface off-air.
advertising and sales hub
Traffic Manager WLIF-FM Radio (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 10, 2013
Pros: occasional tickets to shows
Cons: very long hours
very busy, electric, challenging
I work with a very dedicated team.
Fast paced environment, awesome coworkers. Best job i ever had
Continuity Director (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2013
Pros: was in philly, loved the people i worked with
Cons: the train in to philly sometimes took awhile.
Replying to emails, getting commercials produced and put in to the system. Organizing all paperwork and commercials. Filling out affidavits. Learned my job and was able to teach my boss a few things i found on my own but exploring.
Management was excellent. Always willing to listen and get things done.

Hardest part was getting the sales people to communicate – more... better but with in a few months I had a system to handing in things and worked out amazing.

most enjoyable part was getting to work with some amazing coworkers at the top station in philly. And help the station get caught up on a few things they were almost a year behind because of previous employee. – less
Productive internship program
Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2013
Learned all aspects of producing a television show, collected stories online as topics for the show
Great place but no room for advancement
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 1, 2013
I have learned a great deal about sales, sports marketing, and the radio industry during my time with the company. Despite decent compensation, excellent health benefits, and a few other great perks, there is no room for advancement if one is not suited for sales.
Radio Promotions
Marketing Assistant/Internship Coordinator (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLApril 24, 2013
Pros: dream job
Cons: sold radio cluster in hometown market.
Loved working for CBS! GREAT EMPLOYER!

Managed executive calendar and coordinated weekly promotions projects. Excelled and met goals within a deadline-intensive environment, ensuring accurate and on-time completion of all projects, promotions, contests, and/or recruitment.
CBS Corporation
System Administrator and IT Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2013
- Great work structure and environment
- Room for growth and upwards mobility
- Great management and career path director from upper management.

About CBS Corporation

The forensic evidence shows this company is tops in the TV ratings. CBS Broadcasting owns and operates the CBS Television Network, – Read more