CBS Corporation

CBS Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Company
Events and Promotions (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 22, 2015
I love the staff. They are very insightful and always have your best interest in their mind.
Productive place to work
AR/Staff Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 21, 2015
I learned a lot in regards to working with companies over seas. Hands on learning experience.
Excellent place to start a career
National Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Brighton, MAJanuary 20, 2015
Excellent company to work for, wonderful benefits and educated and intelligent co-workers. Nice office and plenty of time off with paid holidays. Difficult to get promoted but if you manage it, you will be well off. Overall a fun environment and manageable place to work if you have the right mindset and drive. I recommend working for CBS.
great college job
Office Manager (Former Employee), dallasJanuary 12, 2015
Great job to work at. Meet great people s
And you have a lot of fun. Its something new everyday
Promotions / Events Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: not alot of chance for advancement
CBS Radio was a Great Company to work for. I had worked there for 21 years. the great thing about my postions as event/promotion manager was that not everyday was the same, which made it fun & when you can make something you love doing fun, what else could you ask for. I was fortunate to work with a lot of great people 7 also meet a lot of great people.
CBS Radio
Board Operator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 15, 2014
I loved my 4+ years spent at CBS Radio! Most everyone that I encountered was warm and helpful, creating a social yet productive work environment.
Fun, high pace work environment
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), St. LouisDecember 13, 2014
Great work life balance. Entire company, regardless of the department you're in, works together as a team. A positive atmosphere even under stressful times. Great location and hours of operation. Always room to grow and develop in your position. However, limited opportunities to grow within the company locally. Only within the corporate headquarters located in New York.
Job
Account Management and Marketing (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 17, 2014
Pros: networking with various clients
Cons: micro management
Great starting position for anyone in the broadcasting industry. Working with various clients and helping drive traffic to small businesses to boost their revenue. Tough and not the best pay for the work.
Typical Corporate Company
Receptionist (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 17, 2014
Pros: free tickets
Cons: no job security
Employees are overworked and underpaid. You're just a number to them.
Productive Workplace
Account Coordinator, Client Services - Sports (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2014
Pros: great business unit
Cons: limited growth opportunities
Great environment to work in, top company in the field. Tremendous list of properties to activate around.
Good but want more
Associate Product Manager (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CANovember 6, 2014
Pros: good environment, relaxed, task oriented, assumed level of accountability
Cons: not a fair work/life balance, room for advancement is non-existent
Overall a great company to work for. Fun culture, easy-going and fairly high standards. Not the best place as far as advancement is concerned.
Great Experience!
Office Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2014
Pros: didn't have to take my work home with me!
I had the best boss while working at CBS. He was very thoughtful, very direct, rational, and looking to help you. I could count on him for anything. I was very grateful to work for him.

My days were different every day- based on what was going on. My mornings consisted of printing & examining daily reports, checking 'traffic' requests, and making sure the phones were being answered.

I also had to balance my role as Office Manager and my role as Sales Assistant. As much as a I appreciated being given more responsibility when I was hired for that position, I really enjoyed the sales hat more. I asked my bosses to give me more planning lessons and they did. I liked figuring out sales plans as if they were puzzles. So I worked as hard as I could to get more work in helping clients get their ads where they needed them. And that was the part of my job I loved the most.

The Sales Assistant/Office Manager position is the perfect way to start a career in broadcast and media sales.
I have learned a lot
Producer/Production Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2014
I have learned a lot from CBS. It is a great company to work for.
Solid company with good benefits
Continuity Director (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 28, 2014
Good compensation for radio. Busy but rewarding work. Atmosphere can be fun, but a little loud at times.
Good place with right management
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2014
Was a great place to work until management started changing every 6 months. No consistency.
N/A
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 23, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great company to work directly with local advertisers and national agencies to develop and grow new and current business.
Revenue/Billing Supervisor (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch, coffee and beverages.
Cons: it is really good place to work.
CBS is really a good place to work. The people are receptive and have a good strong work ethics. There is a positive energy that surrounds the facility and the culture of the people.
CBS Radio
PROMOTIONAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Ferndale, MIOctober 19, 2014
Able to learn how marketing relations works and how to adapt to new diverse populations
Ok
On-Air Personality (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: union station
Cons: mgmt abandoned ship soon after i signed.
It wasn't the situation I was presented prior to signing. There wasn't the familial environment that was presented. Seemed to be a situation where it was everyone for themselves.
Great Company
Producer (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MOOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great connections
Cons: lack of value in part time employees.
I love work for CBS. I feel that often the team is amazing to work with. I feel like the company doesn't value part time employees as much as full time employees.
Headquarters