CBS Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Start
Marketing and Promotions Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2014
CBS radio is a great place to start you career, but there is not much room for growth. Radio is changing and less opportunities are available.
Pros
free access to concert, networking, fun
Cons
short breaks, long hours, non-traditional work hours
Fast paced, ever evolving media products and opportunities to form partnerships with a myriad of businesses locally and nationally
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2015
A typical day at work is not typical in any way. Each day is different with new challenges and opportunities to forge partnerships with businesses and match our assets to theirs to help them increase sales and branding objectives. The hardest part of the day is filling out the paperwork and the easiest part is the face to face meetings.
Great place but no room for advancement
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2013
I have learned a great deal about sales, sports marketing, and the radio industry during my time with the company. Despite decent compensation, excellent health benefits, and a few other great perks, there is no room for advancement if one is not suited for sales.
Very high turnover
management (Former Employee) –  floridaFebruary 16, 2012
Company is very results driven but has very poor infrastructure. New hires are set up to fail with little training and no base billing. Management "unofficially" caps incomes for high earners by manipulating billing and accounts.
Pros
good benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
little to no training/unequal account distribution
Fast paced environment, awesome coworkers. Best job i ever had
Continuity Director (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2013
Replying to emails, getting commercials produced and put in to the system. Organizing all paperwork and commercials. Filling out affidavits. Learned my job and was able to teach my boss a few things i found on my own but exploring.
Management was excellent. Always willing to listen and get things done.

Hardest part was getting the sales people to communicate better but with in a few months I had a system to handing in things and worked out amazing.

most enjoyable part was getting to work with some amazing coworkers at the top station in philly. And help the station get caught up on a few things they were almost a year behind because of previous employee.
Pros
was in philly, loved the people i worked with
Cons
the train in to philly sometimes took awhile.
Awesome Job.
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2015
Working for CBS was an awesome job. The promotions department keeps everything running within the radio station. Each day was a new adventure.
Rewarding environment with a lot of opportunities for learning experiences
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 19, 2013
I was a promotions assistant for Radio Alice in San Francisco. Although I had been a promotions assistant for other stations for over 4 years throughout college, the few months I spent at CBS was equally as rewarding. It was my first time working in a major market and working with this team has taught me so much. This promotions team was very active online and throughout the social networking community. I also learned how to be nifty with a budget and how to work with managers that might have a different vision than you. I often worked at concerts and festivals and was able to see live performances.
Pros
flexible schedule, free concerts, meet artists, event experience
Cons
a lot of driving
Fun and face-paced environment to work in with creative and hard-working individuals. Constant perks such as movie premieres and concerts!
Promotions/ Marketing Coorindator (Current Employee) –  ChicagoFebruary 28, 2012
I have been involved in radio for almost 3 years. When I was first employees at CBS Radio, I was taken on when 104.3 was JACK FM. Currently, 104.3 is K-HITS and it was a pleasure watching the station switch over to a new station and watching it transition. My time spent here I have gotten the opportunity to work with all of the radio personalities, attend many concerts, partake in live broadcasts, be apart of special events hosted by K-HITS and setup promotional trades with various events throughout the Chicagoland area.

This experience has built me a stronger backbone and appreciate the work that goes into what a Promotion/Marketing Coordinator does. I have great mentoring and have worked around those who have helped me gain a great understanding of the radio business.
Great Company to Experience Radio Industry
Event Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 2, 2014
CBS Radio in Baltimore is a great company with great people.

I enjoyed my time there in the Promotions Department primarily because of the management and radio personalities.

Opportunity for advancement is rare but possible.
Miserable and chaotic
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2012
Poor work life balance and too many incompetent long-timers in the jobs affecting the overall productivity. Totally unrealistic resourcing and schedules established by management that doesn't care about the employees but only their budgets and bonuses.
Productive and fun workplace
State and Local Tax Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 17, 2015
As an intern, you are responsible for completing estimates and returns. All the information for completing them is provided for you. We only enter in the information properly and have it reviewed by managers. Sometimes we do apportionment. Many times, we have to look through governmental documents for compliance with the tax law.
Pros
very flexible with time. steep learning curve.
Good company and you can make a career there.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 23, 2012
My experience was good at the company and I can recommend this company.
benefits
Cons
management
Fun, high pace work environment
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. LouisDecember 13, 2014
Great work life balance. Entire company, regardless of the department you're in, works together as a team. A positive atmosphere even under stressful times. Great location and hours of operation. Always room to grow and develop in your position. However, limited opportunities to grow within the company locally. Only within the corporate headquarters located in New York.
The longest I have ever been at one job!
On Air Talent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2012
I researched all social media for stories to report on, created funny and entertaining commentary. Produce commercials, skits and promos. Interview stars, celebrities, community leaders and local talent. Set up and worked special events. Management encouraged and nurtured my talents and skills so I can become more effective. My co-workers look to me for guidance and advice because of my experience. The most difficult thing about my job was leaving it. I enjoyed going to work 95% of the time I worked there.
Pros
free concerts, comedy shows, access to clubs and free promo items.
Cons
annoying and over persistent fans of the radio station
Promotions / Events Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2015
CBS Radio was a Great Company to work for. I had worked there for 21 years. the great thing about my postions as event/promotion manager was that not everyday was the same, which made it fun & when you can make something you love doing fun, what else could you ask for. I was fortunate to work with a lot of great people 7 also meet a lot of great people.
Pros
great people
Cons
not alot of chance for advancement
CBS Corporation
System Administrator and IT Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2013
- Great work structure and environment
- Room for growth and upwards mobility
- Great management and career path director from upper management.
Unfair
National Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 1, 2014
There is no room for advancement in this company. People are hired based on who they know within the company. It is all politics.
Positive
Promotional Assistant WLLD -FM (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 1, 2013
Typical day of work is based on what needs to be done. Learned tactical promotional agendas. Management was strong and informative. Co workers were friendly.
Pros
amenties of the job
Cons
minimum wage
Excellent place to start a career
National Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAJanuary 20, 2015
Excellent company to work for, wonderful benefits and educated and intelligent co-workers. Nice office and plenty of time off with paid holidays. Difficult to get promoted but if you manage it, you will be well off. Overall a fun environment and manageable place to work if you have the right mindset and drive. I recommend working for CBS.
General Sales Manager responsible for all elements of sales department
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 20, 2015
As the General Sales Manager I worked as the sole sales manager to develop and train the sales department, create new revenue streams for growth, and grow the station local and national spot, ntr, and digital revenue.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBS Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.