CBS News

CBS News Employee Reviews

Great learning environment
News Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 2, 2014
Pros: full hour lunch, holiday party, large desk, healthcare, benefits
Cons: lack of growth
My time at CBS as a National News Analyst allowed me to learn hands on how to interact with viewers. On the daily, I would cumulate and compile viewer data for executive producers and marketing teams. I learned that there is something to be learned at all stages in one's career and just how important audience research is.
I had a great direct manager, but felt the human resources associate I was assigned was not able to assist in growing my career (after three years).
I had well balanced, kind and always ready to answer a question coworkers. I made a great friend in this role too.
The hardest part of the job was sifting through the trashy, bigoted and bias reviews that some of the CBS National News programming would receive. Most was not of this nature, but there were some very bad apples mixed in.
I enjoyed the research, cumulation and compilation. It was great to know my work impacted programming based off of audience preference.
Where TV News Was Invented
Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 13, 2014
Pros: big audience
Cons: high pressure
CBS News is the original home of TV news as we know it. From Murrow to Cronkite to Pelley in the main anchor chair, one legacy of CBS is defining the broadcast of record with visual storytelling that relies on smart scripts and great video. A lot of highly skilled and seasoned pros work there. And at the end of the day, millions of people see your work.
Appreciated Working at CBS
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 6, 2014
Pros: flexible work life balance
Cons: very corporate
If my position was not outsourced I would still be at this company. Working in the capacity that I worked in and the management staff was professional.
CBS News
Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 17, 2013
One of the few networks that still believes in good story telling character driven stories.

A typical day is filled with pitching and figuring out how to get the best information in a compelling way on air. Hardest part of the job is figuring out how to get this done each and every day. Most enjoyable part of the job is having the platform to still tell stories that you believe in that other networks may not be telling.
Keeps you up on current events
Poll Room Survey Interviewer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 9, 2013
I loved the fact that I had to be aware of what's going on in the news. This job kept me up on current events.
Fast-paced, great energy environment.
Production Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 10, 2013
Working with the production team for CBS News was amazing! The staff provided superb training and feedback. The atmosphere was fun, pleasant, and fast-paced just like I like it. The experience I gained there was invaluable.
Great company with opportunities for advancement
Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 5, 2013
I assisted in setting up and broadcasting the Democratic National Convention. As an Intern I worked as part of the CBS: This Morning show team learning set management, production, and other key aspects of the entertainment industry. I also strengthened my ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and meet short deadlines as well as handling office finances and running errands.
CBS NEWS
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2012
Pros: assisting producers with news packages
•Conducting preliminary interviews, assisting the producers with news packages
•Inserting archive packages for affiliates, logging tapes, researching stories, and assisting News shoots
Productive and challenging
News Assignment Desk Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2012
CBS News provides quality and superior news to the city of Atlanta.
Great workplace, great team mates, management could have been better
Reference Librarian / Archivist (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 23, 2012
Very busy atmosphere, news is unpredictable; worked well under pressure. Management could have made wiser decisions when it comes to handling its workers and I got along well with my co-workers. Hardest part of the job is crunch time and meeting deadlines. I enjoyed the reward of the work when it aired.

CBS News Photos