CBS Radio Employee Reviews

An inviting environment that allows self -improvement & educational opportunities.
Event Lead | Promotions| Board Operator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning the new contact our team will be working with for an event. There is always a chance to network with new people in different markets. A typical day at work consists of learning the expectations of a certain event and planing out the executions necessary for a successful promotion. The physical labor consists of setting up the promo tents, pull up banners, and loading/loading vehicles. The hardest part of the job is making do with the lack of new equipment. This allowed those moments to be innovative & quick thinking. I learned that there are limitless opportunities in the radio/entertainment industry.
Pros
Allow you to learn new departments. E.g. Sales, Programming etc.
Cons
No benefits, vacation pay or raises. Pay is not comparable to work load.
If you enjoy working for bigots, this is the place for you!
Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2018
CBS Radio is the type of place you work for when you want as much abuse as possible for as little pay as possible. At my time there, I've been told I was nothing (literally) and to never speak. I heard all manner of racist, homophobic, misogynistic, antisemitic talk and when it was reported to HR, nothing happened. They simply do not care nor value ANY of their employees.
Productive & Fun
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2018
Great job to start out with, always new events and experiences. I have learned a lot and will continue to learn as well. Media is always changing so it feels great being part of it, especially radio.
advancment limited
Producer/Engineer/On-Air/Dj/Production asst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2018
fun and casual work enviroment, lots to do but limited in growth especially with the downward trend of the radio buisness, lots of perks however. good people
Great experience learning new digital platforms
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 23, 2017
I came to CBS radio with extensive broadcast sales experience. What was cool about CBS is I learned and sold new products in the digital space that included email, mobile, social and experiential. Management was fair yet driven to succeed, and I felt supported with tools and training that helped me advance my experience.
Fun Workplace, Poorly Run
Promotions and Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2017
A typical day at work was promotions and marketing for 92.3, the radio station. Worked a lot of events and ran social media. Took media content (pictures/ videos)

Sometimes worked in the office, organizing for them.

Management was a little all over the place, they weren't always on top of things, and it resulted in employees being very frustrated.

The culture was fun, and a lot of young people
Cons
Not enough money, no lunch breaks
CBS Is Radio
DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL MEDIA (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2017
It is like every Radio job you would expect. A lot of fun and crazy things happen. You get to go to cool events and meet athletes, rock stars and sometimes have a beer on teh job.
Great Place To Begin Career
Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 1, 2017
I'm glad to have had the opportunity to work here and learn so much. Co-workers and staff are kind, willing to give advice. Just need to provide more options for workers to learn more and/or shadow in other departments.
This was a great PT Gig
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2017
I enjoyed my years at CBS Radio Phx had a ton of changes in management always. Would have loved to advance in the company but never got the chance. But it did open up new doors for me to make more money than I ever would've there.
Pros
The Fun
Cons
The low Pay
If you're a morning person its the best gig you'll ever have!
Morning Show Intern/ Public Relation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 23, 2017
The Staff is great
Learned a lot about people, media, culture and music
Fun place to start the day out by lunch!
Never a dull moment on reports, social events
Where I first started blogging, uploading videos and pictures, etc.
Great stations
Programming Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 22, 2017
This is where I really cut my teeth in radio. I worked with great people who cared and were willing to take time and teach me. I was willing to grow, and they were willing to help me grow.
Media company
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, MIOctober 15, 2017
While CBS Radio is a reputable company with excellent properties, the culture of red tape at every turn and company internal metrics rather than customer focus ultimately made working at CBS an unpleasant experience.
Pros
Excellent health insurance
Cons
Bureaucratic - red tape
excellent
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2017
excellent company to work, ill reccomend anubody to work on this compay, it's a great opportunity to stay and work with a amazin people around and a excellent carrer.
It's a pretty decent job
Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hesperia, CAOctober 12, 2017
Not too many complaints about this job. The hours suck bad though. There'll be some weeks where you don't even work. But coworkers are cool and management is way too nice.
Fun place to work with little chance for advancement
Marketing (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2017
Good place to begin your career, but don't stick around expecting a raise or a chance to move up within your department. Loyalty and hard work are sometimes recognized but only with a pat on the back.
CBS Radio
Producer/On-Air Personality (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2017
Working for CBS Radio was an amazing experience and I enjoyed every minute of it. To be able to produce and co-host my own sports talk show in Los Angeles was so much fun and there wasn't a day that it felt like work. Management was great, supportive and helpful and the work environment was special. The worst part of my day was the commute in and back home (2.5-3 hours a day) but I didn't mind because I did something I loved.
Pros
Cons
Commute in
No place to go
Don't even know (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2017
Worked in Dallas for 4 years at $10 an hour the whole time. Almost no advancement chances. No raises. Part timers are treated poorly, No benefits. Had to work most holidays to cover for regular hosts.
Pros
Chance to be on the air as part of Dallas' sports scene
Cons
Low pay, no raises, no advancement, no benefits
Don't waste your time on street team
Street Team Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 1, 2017
Don't even do it. Low paying positions and no leadership. Street team at CBS radio is a dead end job. They mask it as a foot in the door position. Street teamers do not get any yearly raises, and it is high turnover.
Pros
Cool events to work
Cons
Low pay and no advancement
Extremely fast paced and great opportunity to increase my salrary
Sr. Media Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 30, 2017
I take great pride in working with my clients (both locally and nationally) to create strategic marketing concepts that allow them to grow their client base and to increase revenue. On a day to day basis, I seek out new prospects while working to establish long term relationships with my current client base.
Part-Time Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 29, 2017
Working at CBS Radio is definitely a great experience for those who are looking for a professional and informative work place. Those who have a passion for radio will certainly enjoy working there.