CBS Television Network Employee Reviews

Good job
Production Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 5, 2015
Great place to work, fun atmosphere. CBS is well known in the TV industry and has a high caliber reputation. I would recommend anyone interested.
CBS Coroporation
Senior Media Coordinator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2015
It is a good company to work for - the opportunities here are great.
I learned a lot during my time here. There are a lot of business operations that I otherwise wouldn't have known about the entertainment industry. Management could be a lot better. There is a lot of dead weight.
A very good company to work for
VTR Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Hollywood, CASeptember 23, 2014
CBS TV was a very high tech company to work for. They seldom do things the shortcut way. Most of the time, we get what we need to attain the results that is needed for a high class TV business. I learned a lot while I was employed at CBS TV. And I gave everything that I have to offer too.
Great people and you feel like you are family.
Research Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 1, 2014
CBS is an iconic broadcast network. While it is fun and you feel like family it is hard to advance your career.
Fast paced where the best and the brightest rise to the top.
Sales Planning Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: long client lunches.
Cons: demanding work load and long hours during the upfront season.
CBS is a great place to work. The Sales Planning Department has a fast paced professional work atmosphere where the best and the brightest rise to the top. A typical day at work involves a lot of Nielsen rating analysis and multitasking between the Planning Vice Presidents and the Sales department.
Exciting and challenging company with extensive media exposure.
Advertising Sales Planner (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2013
Higher ups are constantly looking for the next Account Executives. Therefore, culture revolves around becoming a good salesperson - social, outgoing and intelligent. Great training and plenty of mentors.
Welcome to H-E-L-L, where there's no escape!!!
CWD Distribution (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 9, 2012
Pros: there are none..unless you like abuse
Cons: everything noted above..
CWD is the worst place to work. Management has no clue what they are doing - there is no communication, management or organization whatsoever. If they make mistakes along the way, oh no, better not tell them. Not only will they turn around and blame you for their mistakes, but they will throw you under the bus, treat you in a condescending manner for months on end and retaliate any way they can, even if it means embarrassing you in front of your co-workers. When things go wrong, they will blame you even if it's not your fault. They spend their time lying to each other and going on numerous coffee and cigarette breaks. When catastrophe strikes, they are no where to be found. You can e-mail till your fingers fall off and they will never respond; you can call them till umpteen times and they will never pick up. They have meetings every day, won't communicate the results to their team, but will expect you to know what the outcome is thru osmosis. They will make up rules to suit themselves one day, enforce them with their teams, but then they will forget them the next day. They have been there for so long, yet they don't know how to use the basic operating systems. They play favorites and will go thru an entire process to sweep their mistakes under the rug. They will promote incompetence - it's their motto. They don't know how to set aside their personal lives from their professional lives and in the end, they end up putting the most incompetent coordinator/technican/librarian/shipper/scheduler up on a pedestal. Sounds like a dream place to work, huh?
Professional yet fun place to work with
Sales & Advertising Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 28, 2012
Pros: free lunches, interaction with people in the industry, put faces to names when you go on client lunches
Everyone is really friendly so it is an enjoyable place to work. A typical day is usually spent moving inventory around and ensuring the clients are happy. Management, as well as fellow co-workers are very approachable and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is if something happens last minute, you are running around trying ensure traffic/information is all in, in order for the show to be formatted correctly. The most enjoyable part is the people you interact with on a daily basis; whether it be your co-workers or your clients.
Productive Workplace
CBS Worldwide Distribution Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 12, 2012
Pros: personal desk space, personal phone
Cons: communication within the deparment
My job is CWD Scheduling Coordinator; I work collaboratively with several different departments to Duplicate, and distribute CBS television shows, domestically, and internationally. Each day we receive several E-mail via Outlook with customer request, and scheduled there work to be done in a timely fashion.