CBS Employee Reviews

Senior technical engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2017
Overall CBS is a good company to work for. The pay is fair and benefits are good and a lot of the people who work there are nice. Dealing with the different sub divisions can be frustrating. My team is also understaffed, making it difficult to perform our day to day and do projects at the same time.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
working with sub divisions
Educational, Productive place to work.
Producer (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXMarch 18, 2017
Working for TV news can be hectic but it is also very rewarding. EACH DAY is very different and presents new challenges. It is necessary to learn balance and patience but also have the ability to work fast and think on your feet.
disappointed
Currently, on call freelance producer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2017
poor management, and employee communications, too many levels of management, lack of feedback, and no job performance review. No ability to communicate with upper management.
Pros
Solid Corporation
Cons
lack of communication with upper management
Great Place to Work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Flint, MI and San FranciscoMarch 7, 2017
Love the type of clientele that I worked with. Learned much about different mediums. Management was motivating. There was no hard part to this job. The most enjoyable was the atmosphere.
Pros
Much Freedom to work the Territory
Cons
Had to hustle for new clientele
Great
Producer/Field Producer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 3, 2017
Great place to work with great people. Co-workers and managers were knowledgeable and fun to work with. Fast-paced news environment with a team attitude.
Great Place to work
Tech and trainer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 2, 2017
They provided Car, Phone and other training to better advance my skills set. I was also given a large area to work in like New Jersey, Connecticut and N.Y. Westchester. We all got along very well and that was just fine to me. Can not ask for more.
Pros
They provided Car, Phone and other training
Cons
Needed better labs to work in.
helped disabled people
Resident Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waverly, IAMarch 2, 2017
This job wasn't full time and the hours were all evening hours. I liked all the staff I worked with , and the residents as well. I met alot of neat people and have continue to see some of the residents where I work now.
CBS Television is a great place to work!
Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CAFebruary 7, 2017
I loved working for several different branches of CBS Television and would highly recommend the company to anyone looking for an interesting and unique place to work.
Awesome Company
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20566February 1, 2017
5 Stars!
Been singing there for years and all of their productions are extra amazing, the staff is great, they always take the time to teach new production assistants their craft, the shows in itself are extremely well prepared and rehearsed, and everything about CBS is worth it.
Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2017
Great place to work. Great people, lots of talent, quality work, cool content. I'd highly recommend people check it out.
Pros
cool content
Cons
bad benefits

Want to know more about CBS?

Ask a question
Great expereince
Social Media Campaign Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2017
Wonderful experience at a highly recognized and season company. Great for those right out of college, interesting in journalism and making an impact through various media platforms,
Good opportunity to network
Radio Promotions Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2017
CBS is a great company to get started and begin networking. However, can be a bit difficult to move up in ranking. Can be rewarding at times, but can have long and difficult hours.
Great Work Life Balance
Promotions Assistant/ Social Media Marketer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2017
A typically day of work consist of going out to events and promoting the brands of CBS Radio. For example, last week I worked the Lo Cash Concert at House of Blues. We typically have deals with local venues and we go out and interact with the listeners. We play games and keep the social media pages updated through out the night.
Pros
We promote using Instagram
Cons
No breaks
Productive and Fun workplace
Production Assistant, Assignment Desk Editor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 17, 2017
I love working here. My coworkers are the best. Everyday I come to work it's something different, so I never know what to expect coming in.
Manager
Manger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2017
loved working with the wonderful employees at CBS on a day to day basis. Would recommend anyone to work there! they have wonderful culture and great benefits.
Every day a different experience
Editor (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYJanuary 10, 2017
Have been freelance editing for the Hard News divisions for almost 9 years, both for the Evening News and the Morning shows.
Great job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Great working environment. In charge of working with co-workers in order to fill requests of executives. Made sure everything was well stocked and phone calls were answered.
Diverse and interesting place to work
National Sales Assistant & Team Lead (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJanuary 5, 2017
There is always something new to learn every day along with new people to meet as the news and media industry is always changing. The great part about working in this environment is that there is always a sense of "team". If we made decisions based on how to only help ourselves, then the whole thing comes crumbling down. Depending on where you see yourself, there isn't too much room for advancement as they don't want to lose good workers in those positions
Pros
Team environment, fun and easygoing atmosphere
Cons
Stressful at times, not much room for advancement
elevator man
elevator man (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2017
I worked as an elevator man in the main office. I worked there for 2 months then have to leave because of school. CBS is really good company and they care a lot about their employees.
great
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 3, 2017
i loved being contracted for CBS i would definitely sign for them again. great employees environment and boss! been working here with my family for years and years to come.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBS. Our community is ready to answer.

85%