CBS Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and challenging job
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2016
CBS' employees make this job.
I work with a number of departments, and the employees of each department are dedicated, professional, and genuinely fun to be around. It makes my job quite enjoyable
Pros
Workplace, Co-Workers, working for a major Television Network
Cons
None at this time
Great environment and professionalism
Freelance Foreign Desk Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2016
Working at CBS News HQ was amazing. Everyone there is super professional and has a great journalistic background. You could smell great journalism in the air.
see belowt.
Account Executive, National Broadcast (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2016
Unstable work environment, poor managment, low wage raises, no advancement in technology needed to do job sufficiently.
Pros
Expense account, young environment, pension great management, great perks (Super Bowl, Final Four, etc.)
Cons
see above
poor culture
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  ManhattanJuly 12, 2016
The co-worers are great, most of the managers are not. The culture around the office is extremely poor. The company is currently being shopped.
Great Part-Time Job to Learn Promotions
Tailgate Team (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2016
Hired as part-time employee for the Promotions Team. If you are looking to get into Promotions/Marketing, the Street Team is a great way to start. The promotions staff is extremely nice and consistently trying to help you learn the ins and outs of radio in order to move up.
Pros
Great Entry Level Start
Fast Paced, Easy going
Motion Graphics Artist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2016
Typical day I create custom Motion Graphics for On-Air Production. I learned so much here just from my co-workers alone, graduated to an expert in After Effects and Cinema 4D. My manager is pretty cool, always on time with payments and scheduling. Co-Workers are like a mini family, lol. Hardest part I'd say is letting go of projects you're working on to meet deadlines, when you know there's so much more you can do with it! Most enjoyable part is the people and work environment, flexibility of hours and scheduling.
Pros
My creative genius is put to work
Cons
I would like to have benefits
Fast Paced long hours
Visual Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CAJuly 7, 2016
co-workers are great, hardest part of the job is year round non breaks, the work is good, learned a few things not much, typical work day is nonstop work
Pros
versatile projects
Cons
high demand very day
Accounts Payable, some auditing and reconciliation.
Accounts Payable Temp (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2016
I gained experience in General Accounting and Accounts Payable
using Oracle. Very friendly work place. My co-workers are supportive and work well as a team.
Interesting place, plus I work for CBS network
Anchor/Reporter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 29, 2016
Good place to work and continue to become a better writer. Just wish they would offer me a full-time job.

Things could be worse... I won't say anything bad about CBS radio.
Pros
money
Cons
not enough
Progressive and fast paced
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2016
CBS radio was my first job straight out of college and was an amazing learning experience. With the ever changing world of sales, CBS radio kept you on your toes and with the times. Management was always there to help but the job being 100% commission it was really the job of every individual Account Executive to hit their goals to succeed. I learned how to prospect, cold call, create custom campaigns based on client goals, presentation skills and time management. The job prepared me to take on anything with a well executed plan and overcome objections on the fly.
Pros
Hard work payed off
Cons
Lots of administrative work
Can be stressful but very rewarding
Bump, Tease, & Promo Producer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2016
From mid-August to the end of March you are working relentlessly as that is CBS Sports busy season. The days can be long but seeing the finished product on TV is a great feeling.
Productive and Encouraging
Customer Service Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 9, 2016
CBS is a good company to work for from the top to bottom. The best part of the job is the friendships built with the people that have been employed .
Fun and upbeat work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 7, 2016
A typical work day at CBS entails communicating with CBS All Access clients via email and phone. The hardest part of the job is being patient with customers when having to explain information about accounts. I really enjoy my co-workers, everyone looks out for eachother and are very respectful.
Enjoyable work place, work from home and in office
Technical Support/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 1, 2016
A typical work day consisted of answering customer calls and emails. Representatives were responsible for assigning and answering the emails and managing their own responsibilities. I learned the inner workings of the fantasy website, was in charge of several of the products. The management was cooperative and had an open door policy. Not much micro managing as employees were trusted to execute their responsibilities in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom and ability to openly learn. The hardest part was dealing with coworkers who did not pull their weight.
Easy going company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 31, 2016
The atmosphere and feel of the company is very relaxed. You do not have someone breathing down your neck. They let you work at your own pace as long as you are doing your job well.
Bad management but great environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 31, 2016
Managed Poorly, flexible hours, flexible work environment. Kind and Helpful Staff. Most enjoyable was speaking with co-workers. Hardest part of the job was large influx of calls at time and too many tasks to complete with limited staff.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, nice kitchen
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, poor management
Amazing atmosphere
Design & Development Team Member (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILMay 18, 2016
Great people work here. They are always willing to help. I gained experience of what IT really does and how I can use that to move on in the future at my new job.
Fun place to work, relaxed, no micro managing
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309May 16, 2016
Pretty easy job, basic technical support, basic customer service experience. Have pool table, shuffle board, and other games in the office.
Pros
free coffee, games, easy work environment
Cons
pay
the company has gone down hill greatly. moral is low
stagehand (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2016
in at 9am out at 8 pm, long hours, some great people but upper management only cares about the bottom line. best part of the job was going home.
Pros
interesting people
Cons
low concern for employees
Great workflow
Production Internship (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 13, 2016
Amazing experience working on the historical Paramount lot! Very nice workflow, lots to learn and professional team of creatives!