Consumer Credit Counseling Service of MD and DE is seeking individuals with a strong desire to help others and exceptional customer service and people skills to join our team. As a counselor, you will play an integral role in our agency's mission, which is to promote economic self-sufficiency to individuals, families and communities through financial education and counseling
Counselors provide accurate, relevant and helpful information to assist clients and potential clients in developing solutions to money management, credit-related and housing issues. Topics include, but are not limited to, bankruptcy, credit education, credit reports, housing issues, consumer protection laws, student loans, etc.
We offer exceptional benefits for our employees which includes medical, dental, and life insurance; a retirement plan and a 403(b) plan as well as a generous paid time off program plus 7 holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess clients' financial situation based on the information furnished by the client.
- Assists clients in developing a budget and setting financial goals.
-- Confers with clients to ascertain available monthly income after living expenses to meet credit obligations.
- Determines and calculates feasibility of debt management plan based on clients' and creditors' ability to participate.
- Produces a written action plan that supports the counselor's conclusion as to the course of action that promotes the client's best interests or the client's choice of action.
- Motivates the client to implement the established plan.
- Counsels client on personal and family financial problems such as excessive spending and borrowing of funds.
- Answers incoming calls from consumers; discusses agency services and schedules appointment for appropriate services as necessary.
- Provides information and referrals to internal resources, community resources and other assistance organizations.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 2 years related work experience and/or training (EAP, financial services, counseling, banking, credit and collection); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Maryland and Delaware is a non-profit organization committed to help stabilize communities by creating hope and promoting economic self-sufficiency to individuals and families through financial education and counseling.
Through local and national education and counseling programs we provide help and hope to families over whelmed by debt, facing foreclosure, struggling to master their money, caught in a cycle of over-priced fringe financial services, or trying to purchase their first home. To learn more about CCCS of MD and DE, visit us at www.cccs-inc.org.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply by emailing your resume and a cover letter describing how your experience fits with the job requirements. Applications may also be mailed to CCCS of MD and DE, Attention: Human Resources, 757 Frederick Rd., Baltimore MD 21228.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. U.S. residents only. No phone calls please.
CCCS of MD and DE is a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling, the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling, the Better Business Bureau, and a member of the Council on Accreditation.