CCL is a focused global specialty packaging company that provides superior, innovative packaging solutions to the Home & Personal Care, Premium Food & Beverage, Healthcare and Specialty markets worldwide. CCL has over 65 state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa operated by approximately 6,400 dedicated employees. With headquarters in Toronto, Canada, CCL Industries over 65 production facilities globally located to meet the sourcing needs of large international customers.
This position will provide ongoing support for CCL Design supply chain and ERP functions, facilitating continuous improvement in process, providing system advice and consulting, facilitating best practice sharing, and provide significant contributions to multi-site and division wide projects.
The ideal candidate will have a substantial business oriented background while possessing significant IT skills in the areas of manufacturing and ERP.
- Elicit requirements using varied techniques suited to the situation, target audience, and constraints of the environment. These may include interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, business scenarios, task, or workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver artifacts as appropriate. This may include but is not limited to business requirements documents or functional specifications, use cases/business scenarios, test cases, storyboards, interface requirements, data models,
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Serves as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Train users how to correctly utilize the tools at their disposal, as well as how to make process improvements without necessarily resorting to system changes or development.
- Act in the role of project manager for short term projects as the situation requires.
- Maintain open lines of communication among both IT and business teams located in the divisional head office, Corporate locations, and manufacturing sites.
- Development of new and modification of existing software to support business needs based on requirements from business users and/or business analysts
Required Skills and Knowledge:
Bachelors degree in, or related to an Engineering discipline, Information Technology, Operations Management, or Business
5 years or more of experience in a manufacturing environment
Experience with ERP system operation and/or implementation (QAD MFG/Pro)
Preferred Technical Knowledge:
QAD MFG/Pro EB2.1
Knowledge of following modules in particular is highly desirable:
MRP, Discrete WOs and Shop Floor Reporting
Progress Language development (Version 10 – other versions acceptable)
Progress Database understanding (creating custom tables, loading data etc)
Eagle RF Handheld
Basics of Linux RedHat
APICS CPIM/CIRM/CSCP Certification
PMI PMP Certification
Working knowledge of Six Sigma and/or Lean Sigma concepts
Indeed - 8 months ago