CDI Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Great company however...(Job security is always at risk)
Senior UX Designer (Current Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORJune 25, 2016
So far the managers I have worked with are very good, and being able to work from home is an awesome perk.

The key problem and one for which I wouldn't recommend working for CDI is the fact that as an employee you live under the constant threat of being laid off. If you are brave enough to work for them you better have a ton of money saved up so that when you do get laid off "and you will eventually" that you have something to fall back on.

The company doesn't appear to be able to market their services very effectively. This means one minute you are busy and the next minute you are scrambling for something to dig into.

They are heavily dependent on Intel which is as we all know a fickle company who doesn't like to keep people around for an extended period.

My advice: find a job with a company where you don't have to live under this kind of stress.
Pros
Employees can work from home
Cons
Job Security, health benefits, advancement
Productive and fun workplace
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2016
I have the chance to work with a very good and nice people, I was always introduced to the company in a professional matter and I did my best to complete projects ahead of schedule, and all my concerns met with friendly atmosphere
Good Company, great staff
Applications Tester and SME (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 12, 2016
CDI Corp was an excellent company to work for. The hiring team was well versed in the HR process and the on boarding was fairly easy to complete.
Only bad experience was the exit process, no details given and when contract was about to expire very little communications from management. When trying to find additional employment there was absolutely no follow up and no new job prospects presented.
Pros
Good salary, good HR team
Cons
No new assignments presented at assignment completion.
Marine Electrician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 21, 2016
CDI marine was a very nice place to work. Direct supervisor had personnel interests and desire to keep people working. Upper management had dropped the ball, finding new or continuing work for personnel
overall a good company with above average pay
Lead Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 17, 2016
I'm a sub under a bigger company. Rare to see any of my own management. occasional e-mail. Management of Aecom calls the shots on a daily basis.
Pros
great pay
Cons
searched every day worse than the airport. hard to accomplish work for all the proceedures and rules
Company locked into single source of work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 21, 2016
company employment is based on General Electric workflow. GE constantly sends work to overseas locations. unable to bring in other sources of work so hiring and layoffs happen on an ongoing basis
Pros
nice office
Cons
ge dependant
Interesting Industry
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 19, 2016
Great place to gain experience in many different engineering aspects. Great environment with good career movement. Interesting place to work.
challenging and productve work environment
Global Account IT Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 18, 2016
CDI has a great infrastructure to support future business and has the skills internally to provide all PLC phases effectively and efficiently for any programs they are involved in. From fortune 100 companies to smaller firms. CDI is a strong partner in fulfilling BPO services
Great Place To Work
Delivery Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2016
Challenging and fun work environment. I loved the client that I worked with. I would love to work for this company again in the future.
Pros
Professional Growth Opportunities
Cons
Health Insurance is expensive
Horrible Experience
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 23, 2016
Do not work with this so called recruiting company.

I found both positions at the host company on my own, and CDI weasled their way into taking credit for recruiting, and stole my pay for both positions and pocketed the money.

They are liars, highly unprofessional and quite impersonal.

I'd avoid.
Pros
Easy start process.
Cons
Poor recruitment style, lack of upkeep with the employee
One of my most interesting jobs to date, and a great group of co-workers.
Document Control III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2016
I learned new software and industry specific tidbits of information. This has definitely been one of my most interesting jobs to date, with a great group of co-workers. I had the best supervisor ever!
Pros
Good work atmosphere, good management
Cons
Unstable work industry, contract work
Depends on Manager of the Day...
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 4, 2016
Was great when you had a decent Recruiter and good Account Manager; was terrible when they left and other incompetence moved in. This happened a few times over 4+ years.
Pros
Pay was good, and they good account reps would take you out to lunch
Cons
Terrible Account Managers they would disappoint both Customer and you as placed IT Staff
productive
Lead Molder (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 3, 2016
best employer i have ever worked for. very good benefits, nice managers, stay busy, fast work day

qjusdbglsdjkahgfjkdbgio[anhgjkawdojgfuiweghiowergnbvjkawrgloer[v lo'anvg lbklasdfkl
Very professional
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 29, 2016
Very professional and let you know what is expected of you from the start. They will train you on everything you need to kow
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
A family type atmosphere. Everyone helps each other to get the job done.
Electrical and Instrumentation Drafter/Designer (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day included attending meeting/walkdowns and getting started on daily projects. Working closely with other disciplines to make sure all the work that needs to be complete is complete.
cover letter
zip line contractor (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCFebruary 26, 2016
Typically at work I just helped build zip lines and I was the tester..the hardest part of the job was the heights because im afraid of heights
Flexible and Accommodating
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Altos, CAFebruary 18, 2016
You are given an hour of prep a fun creative club that you and the children enjoy. There is about 14 kids in your care with the help of other teachers. Fun but you have to be flexible with the children moods as well as the weather.
Fun workplace as far as assisting the disabled people.
DCW (Former Employee) –  Richton, MSFebruary 5, 2016
My day of work was just like any other day. I loved to wake up and go to my clients house. She was very sweet and caring. I learned that it's always good to help someone who isn't able to help themselves. The management wasn't the best and the co workers weren't so friendly. The hardest part was when she would have her spells and would forget who i was and would try to kick me out of her house but the most enjoyable part was that I was welcomed into her house and she treated me like family.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Good people
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 1, 2016
The people I worked with were very intelligent and helpful. However, I did not think too much of the people working in the corporate office.
Fast paced, hectic but fair! (not a current employee)
custodian/ facilities assistant (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILJanuary 21, 2016
Company was a temporary Head Start provider appointed by the federal office of Head Start Management. Our previous employer CEDA of Cook County Illinois lost it's federal funding to provide Head Start services due to it's mismanagement of government funds in 2014, ALL employees from the Head Start division were laid off. CDI was appointed and hired staff who wanted to stay on but again everyone was laid off effective August 31, 2015.
Many were told that this would be at least a two year process until an approved company or organization could be found to continue services - ALL SERVICES, but just a year in we were all gone again. To be fair CDI was thorough with it's procedures - especially with it's accessibility to upper management and supplying staff with materials and handling repairs in a very timely manner, something that never occurred (due to partiality and favortism) within CEDA, which had too many friends and relatives on staff fostering a climate of dissatisfaction for those employees who were honest, hardworking and dedicated to the children and families they serviced. Many good workers with years of experience will never get the chance to retire with "their" company because they were betrayed. CDI came aboard and immediately stopped that culture and I for one would like to thank them - if only they had not dropped us so soon, leaving us for dead also!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDI Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.