CDI Corporation

CDI Corporation Employer Reviews

CDI is a contract source, I actuall worked for IBMunder contract from CDI
Sr z/OS System Storage Adm (Former Employee), Remote... worked from homeMarch 1, 2013
CDI simply managed ny contract with third party company.
I contracted to IBM as a storage Admin. CDI would process my hre and paycheck, advise me of IBM required meetings, and required Holidays. There was never much contact. I likws it that way.
CDI is a contract source, I actuall worked for IBMunder contract from CDI
CDI simply managed ny contract with third party company.
Great thinkers with nice presentations.
Drafter/Structural Analyst (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2013
Typical day at work: If drafting would work towards Engineering Change Master to create a new drawing, revision or alteration for Gas Turbine part or assembly. Once completed created material master or BOM and push through Teamcenter for review. If working as a Structural Analyst create ProE FEA Model if was not given one. Create Shell, Hexahedral or – more... Tet Mesh, run Analysis and present results to group. Group Meeting to discuss the results of Modal Analysis, Von Mises Stress, Temp and Life.

What you learned:
As ProEngineer detailer became proficient using external copy geometry and layers.
As an Structural Analyst became an expert in hexahedral partitioning and meshing of complex geometry to include channels and effusion cooling.

Management:
Highly educated skillful schedulers that know how to keep jobs on track.

Your Co-workers
Hardworking, proactive and resourceful individuals.

Hardest part of the job:
Working evenings, weekends and holidays.

Most enjoyable part of the job:
Free coffee all day.

Pros:
Doing it all modeling, detailing, mm/bom, structural analysis, SAP/OneP, TC, excel, powerpoint, and report writing

Cons:
Computer updates. – less
Subcontracting firm that provides job placement
Workstation Engineering /Desktop Support (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 3, 2013
I was a subcontractor for IBM working through CDI Corp. Became part of the Workstation Engineering team who provided software platform management services on the Michelin North America Account. Roles included deployment of applications & software break/fix work. Also assisted in testing quality assurance of apps before deploying into Michelin's production – more... environment. The most enjoyable part of job was working with experienced individuals who recognized my abilities. The hardest part was being understaffed with enormous workloads. – less
CDI Corporation
Mechanical Designer NE (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: friendly atmosphere, people are great to work with
Cons: not as much interface time with the manager.
A typical day at the CDI Corporation is different depending on what type of project that you are working on. I feel like the main thing that I learned is that it is better to work for a mainstream company versus outsourcing because you get a chance to touch more of the product. I feel like the coworker atmosphere is pretty good and allows you to develop. – more... The hardest part about the job is the fact that you are not sure if there will be work from one day to the next where a full time company will have that. – less
Responsible for supervising the front line, membership and service desk areas
System Support Analyst (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 16, 2012
Responsible for supervising the front line, membership and service desk areas. This includes ensuring the efficient flow of members through the front line, membership and service desk areas, handling merchandise returns, exchanges and merchandise pick-ups, responding to member inquiries, processing membership applications and renewals, and maintaining – more... membership files. – less
A productive atmosphere
Branch Administrator / HR Assistant (Former Employee), Westerville, OHDecember 4, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: unstable management
I learned alot about Sarbanes Oxley Compliance. I was able to reorganize the office filing system to ensure excellent audit scores.
Temp assignment
Contractor (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2012
Was a temporary assignments. Not much to comment on. Very profennional organization.
A typical day at work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2012
CDI was a community development Institute that over took PPCC so our job had no security and the benifits were not affortable. We had no breaks but all in all I enjoyed my job cause
i love to work with child and their families.
Wonderfull work place
Design engineer (Former Employee), Windsor Locks, CTSeptember 12, 2012
Constructive descussions,
productive time
I learned UG, PW standards, which i am seccesfully using since
Nice freandly co-workers

Overall: Great experience
I would like to rejoin
Business Software Developer
Sr. Support Development Analyst (Former Employee), Charleston, WVAugust 27, 2012
Pros: great people and historical location.
Cons: customers lived in rural environements
Provide Project Management for new product development, in conjunction with the EPA and the Department of Environmental Protection for the State of West Virginia.
This software project was contractor led to create a custom Web Based User Interfaced with a Oracle Database and Internet User interface for the Public at large.
Productive and fun workplace
Detailer III (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 27, 2012
Pros: in house training and certifications.
Cons: too far from home
I enjoy all aspects of my job. The working enviornment is plesant as are the people.
non productive company
Senior Mechanical Designer (Current Employee), Example: New York, NYAugust 10, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches, etc.
Cons: example: short breaks, healthcare, etc.
purposly delayed projects for customers which made the company look bad. customers were always disapointed. no sujgestions were taken seriously or if too many were made you would be terminated.
Contracted Company
Telecommunications Contractor US West (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 2, 2012
Pros: paid well
Cons: lost contract due to inability to meet expectations
Company had to much responsibility and not enough employees or control over the project and their contract was not renewed
Enjoyed my time
Contractor, Business Controls and Compliance (Former Employee), Aurora, COJuly 26, 2012
Sub contracted to IBM.
Contractor role with IBM has its pros/cons of course, but it does allow for a work/life balance.

I enjoyed my time with them and only left to try out a new role.
Recrutor Overreached
Systems Administrator/Engineer (Former Employee), Pittsfield, MAJuly 18, 2012
The recrutor overreached by forcing herself to make me her client when I was about to be offered a position for a company.
Fast paced work environment, data collection, reports, observations and note taking
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), nevadaJuly 1, 2012
Pros: children progressing and reaching higher goals
Cons: benefits
training
professional development
working with children
Great company to work for - outstanding recruiters
MVS System Support Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 25, 2012
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: n/a
Good company to be employed with . Friendly, assertive recruiters. Friendly atmosphere - keep the recruiters information handy for referrals.
good for interm job placement
Cad Drafter (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 18, 2012
Pros: various places to work, work available
Cons: could be sent to places with long commute to work
I was sent to 2 different but enjoyable companies to work for. It was nice to meet new people.

Make sure you negotiate vacation and health benefits before you start working almost impossible to get any or get an increase after employed.

There was no permanent placement, even after years of working for the same co.- no temporary to hire.
TERRIBLE COMPANY, LIES
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Sioux Falls SDJune 13, 2012
Pros: there are pros to working here?
Cons: no support, lies to get you in the door not caring about their employees
I was offered $18 an hour with NO benefits or $16 WITH benefits. I took the 16 hr with benefits then told AFTER THE FACT that I would get ZERO including NO holidays AT ALL.
I was placed at CNA and dropped off in a cubicle and was given NO ACCESS to the network and NO training whatsoever. On top of that CDI threatened to NOT pay me unless I sent my hours – more... ONLINE, only they NEVER did give me access to report my income ONLINE. Several times I told them that and told them I was being given NO TRAINING and NO DIRECTION. They never did anything.
Finally after being threatened to not pay me and being dropped in a HOSTILE work enviroment I quit.
DO NOT WORK FOR CDI OR CNA or IBM. All they care about is the bottom line and they WILL LIE TO YOU and NOT support you.
They basically placed me in a corner and left me to quit or be fired. Spent TWO WEEKS DOING NOTHING and 'ACTING' busy as had NO direction and NO training and NO support, even after asking for direction, training, acess and support.
I will STARVE before I EVER work for those companies again. – less

About CDI Corporation

If you want to get technical, give CDI a call. The company provides engineering and¬†information technology (IT)¬†staffing services – Read more

CDI Corporation Photos