CDI Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

In between Job
TECHNICAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVJune 26, 2015
This is the job that you take because there isn't anything else available. Don't look for advancement or raises. I am making the same as I did 7 years ago. If your looking for a career, this is not the place.
Pros
40 hrs
Cons
No future
Okay working environment
Detailer III (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2015
The work day hours are flexible. The company has a large amount of experienced employees who will help you find how to complete a task, however, the upper management does not provide a good direction so you can tell which is the right or wrong way something should be completed.
Developed new skill sets in project based outsourcing engineering services
Vice President Business Development (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 11, 2015
typical day prospecting and adding input to SAP CRM tool
learned about key account focus with UTC
hands off management style they knew my make it rain work ethic
co workers all had advanced technical degrees
hardest part of the job was 80% plus travel
most enjoable was winning new logos/customers
Pros
winning new logos/customers
Cons
airport delays
Level 2 Technician (Current Employee) –  WVMay 31, 2015
The only bad thing about this job is you are considered temporary. You get 40hrs a week but no benefits. After a year you should be evaluated to become a full time employee.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no benefits
productive, fun workplace
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 28, 2015
My work schedule was pretty flexible with my manager.
I was able to learn a lot from my team members, and advanced my career at CDI under my managers' recommendation.
My co-workers are funny and easy going.
The hardest part of my job was to gain experience not only within my department, but also under internal auditing group. But because of the hard work and these extra responsibilities, I was able to learn and experience much more than a corporate accountant would, and I enjoy learning different things rather than routine work.
Pros
Good middle managers
Cons
located far from business operations
Enjoyable work place, friendly
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVMay 20, 2015
CDI has a very good work place atmosphere. Friendly people, and managers are very helpful. Very good benefits. I loved the floating schedule.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
Temp to hire.
Benefits
Sr. Project Manager/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 15, 2015
Benefits - Health benefits, time off (vacation, sick leave, etc) are non-existent. Health benefit plans are outrageous for the coverage. No interest in the person that is working at the client site for CDI.
Cdi
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Parlin, NJApril 5, 2015
This job requires you to sale newspapers to people all over the united states. I've learned data entry and how to deal with different situations that customers had. In order to be successful in this field, you have to be a quick thinker and be independent. During the time I worked at CDI, most of the co-workers there were really nice people which made the work environment friendly.
Wonderful experience
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXMarch 28, 2015
CDI is a wonderful company with a lot of advancement opportunities.
The site manager is very nice and pleasant to work for.
Pros
Wonderful people at the company and fair placement.
Cons
They do not pay holiday pay benefits such as, time and one half or double time for working on a holiday.
They've got problems
Designer II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 24, 2015
The company has some serious problem. They gave out raises then rescinded them the day they were suppose to show up on the paycheck. There haven't been raises in a long while. The health insurance is more expensive than CDIs competitors. There is no guarantee of having work so you better have pto saved up around Xmas (when most of GE is gone) or you'll be scrambling for work or just won't be paid.
Pros
Flexible schedule, nice work environment
Cons
Not guaranteed 40 hours of work, no paid sick/holiday time, no raises, high insurance costs
Productive and good bunch of folks
Startup Specialist/Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 19, 2015
Great company to work with, salary good,all expences paid and home leave every 28 days. Provide tools. High rated Temp Service,they take care of thier people,keep them informed most of the time of what is going on.
Pros
professional people to work with, cares about employees
Cons
temp service
Productive and Professional Corporate Culture with Laidback staff
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Springdale, OHMarch 13, 2015
Good professional culture, consistent relations with management and co-workers, well-trained staff, Engineering Managers are well-trained and professional. Cons are lay-offs
Pros
professional, compensation/benefits, well-trained staff
Cons
lay offs every year
Excellent Contract House!
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 5, 2015
Most contracting companies do not offer benefits. CDI was the first one I had worked for that offered an extensive benefits package!
Not your father's IBM
PM (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 5, 2015
After a long career I left unhappy. I was not laid off, I left on my own terms. It saddens me to see how a vibrant company has lost it's way. "Respect for the individual" is gone. Finance runs the company now.
temp agency doesnt care about employees
Help desk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 3, 2015
worked for them as a temporary employee on a contract, was lied to and misled about getting hired and stability of the company. No communication no motivation nothing. nada
It was fun but stressful at time
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toppenish, WAFebruary 23, 2015
Get on time, prepare classroom for children to arrive, have the circle area ready. Welcome children and their families, provide breakfast, Teach the lesson, activity outside, teach lesson and inside activity.
I learn daily from children because they are unique,.
Manage class with clear rules and following routines.
Clear direction to the classroom assistant to prepare activities.
The hard part of my job is letting parents know when their child did something negative.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when a child learn something new.
Pros
dental insurance
Cons
not time for breaks
Super place to work with great benefits.
Medical Editor/Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNFebruary 19, 2015
Super place to work with many fun events occurring with both in-house and work at home staff. The hardest part of the job is to make sure that each and every report has your full attention to detail for accuracy and TAT. The most enjoyable part of the job is being appreciated and made to feel that you are a member of the team.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
cannot think of any
Great temp stafing firm with great benefits.
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 1, 2015
a typical day at PCAPP consists of receiving work package from supervisor, performing and reviewing your start form, gathering tools, making sure all signatures are received and then begin project. I have learned a lot about working and safety procedures, concepts of hydronic testing. Management is great to work with, coworkers are great, as well. The hardest part of the job is waiting on quality control and making sure your paper work makes sense to them. The most enjoyable part of the job is the experience I am acquiring.
Pros
good work balance
Cons
n/a
Productive environment and very friendly staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Channelview, TXJanuary 30, 2015
I learned so much working here at CDI with Lyondellbasell on their system called LMS. The staff including my immediate supervisor Rex George have always been very flexible with our schedule and have always provided us with a consistent work load.
Pros
flexible schedule and location
Cons
only that it was a temporary assignment which i was aware of
Instrumentation Technician Start-UP
Start-Up Systemization Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 20, 2015
Not a bad job at all, learned allot about all different types of instrumentation, and equipment. Start-up is a whole different ball game then just following procedures to complete an assignment.
Pros
lot's of diversity
Cons
long way from home, temporary work.