CDI Corporation Employee Reviews

good for contracting in 1994 time frame, no benefits
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 19, 2016
CDI was a good contractor in the Pittsburgh area at this time (1994).
Working at Westinghouse on contract was interesting in that I tested software for a nuclear reactor, the pay was fair for an hourly rate, no benefits, and I had 3 courses still to complete at CMU if I wanted to finish my MS degree there and not being a Westinghouse employee, I did not have tuition reimbursement to do that. I never became a full time employee at Westinghouse and left after the summer to move to another city and I never did complete those last 3 courses at CMU.
Pros
fair pay, nice company to contract at
Cons
no benefits, felt like an outside in group too, did not include me
Stay away from CDI
sales executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2016
CDI is 20% down year over year and having a major identity crisis. You will constantly fear for your job here as layoffs are the only constant. Honestly, take my word for it and just stay away!!
Current Management is not good
Designer (Current Employee) –  TXJanuary 11, 2016
The people are great, but the practices are lacking at all offices from corporate down. Business development seems to be non-existent and the executives at corporate seem to be making really poor choices.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Sales staff does not chase work, Insurance is too expensive
This was a 1 Year Contract Job
AT&T/ IBM/ Nissan - Senior Network Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 10, 2016
• Afforded me the opportunity to work on true world wide networks with people all over the country / world installing, documenting, maintain a backup Data Center located in St. Louis IBM Facility, working with several project managers and utilizing Remedy system for change and control.
• Installed, documented, maintained, upgraded IOS for a backup Data Center located in the St. Louis IBM facility incorporating twenty-one (21) US states, and Canada.
• Designed, created, installed, documented , troubleshoot, and support of Network infrastructure consisting of: two edge Routers, one Check Point 12600 Appliance, two Edge Switches, two Core WS-C6509’s with two WS-SVC-FWM-1, ACE20-MOD-K9, two Service Core WS-C6509’s, one WS-C6506 TSM / Backend router/Switch, eight WS-6509-E-V04’s
• Implemented and monitored Farm switches with 2,688 ports connected to Servers and Storage devices for a Data center to House all of Nissan’s Data with a Bow tie dual core switch configuration for redundancy to the Wide Area Cloud.
• Implemented TACACCS security access to all network equipment.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Did not last more than 1 year
Phoenix office is new and very comfortable; centrally located.
Sr. Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 10, 2016
CDI has several areas for employment opportunities. They attract very talented, professional who area a pleasure to work with. The Human Resources team is excellent and friendly.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Benefit costs are extremely high
Excellent place to learn cutting edge technology
Data Protection Engineer (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJJanuary 7, 2016
Great team of people and highly skilled group of guys. Management really cares about those who work there.
There is opportunity to shadow other teammates that handle different EMC product technologies so there is room to grow and be diverse in learning.
Love working at the Beaumont location
Project Controls Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 22, 2015
Current restructuring of the company has led to mass layoffs across the company. The opportunity for growth at the current time is low.
Pros
active local managment
Cons
layoff risks
CDI Corporation is professional organization
Records Clerk/ Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rural Hall, NCDecember 10, 2015
CDI Corporation is a great organization to work for. They work around your college schedule and call me if anything is wrong.
Lead Project Engineer III (Design Engineering) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 25, 2015
They are big on work and family, flex time and PTO. Friendly and recently change their culture. Meaning removing upper management.
Pros
Not big on free food but provide fruit to their employees every week
Cons
They have a place to talk in privacy and relax.
Company is good to work for.
Technician- (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 6, 2015
This was a temporary 2 - 3 day job that I did, they reached out to me from my LinkedIn account. Overall it was a good environment and job wasn't to far from where i lived.
Training could have been better.
CONTENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 2, 2015
It was my understanding that there would be more training. My advice is to give new hires more time to gradually become incorporated into this high paced and demanding environment.
Pros
Positive staff
Cons
Not enough training
This company lacks leadership
Director, IT Staff Augmentation (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 14, 2015
This company is very disorganized and lacks direction. The West coast team is out on their own and has very little support. Management team in the West does not support the team at all and is grossly overpaid.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Not up to standards, lack leadership
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZOctober 5, 2015
Take phone calls dealing with computer issues for company and franchises and resolving issues within 30 minutes or sending to 3rd level for resolution.
Learned pretty much all on my own, lack of training for 3 weeks sat around to watch other employees take calls on simple issues.
Once on phones after waiting for 3 weeks to get my access, given very little help in understanding how to enter in ticket information or how to search for informative documentation to help resolve customer issues. Too many redundancies and no leadership in small office all leadership was out of state. Only help offered was via office chat. If you went over the 30 minute call time you had to submit a 20 minute overage email stating why you were going over and never got enough help to fix issues in timely manner.
Call volume was low at first then queues were full and management required us to get off calls as soon as possible. Very little time to enter in all required fields in ticketing system and then write up a summary and include documentation you had to search for which most of the time it was not correct or did not suffice management.
Most fun was hearing the customer happy for taking time to fix issue and not rush them off the phone and not solve the issue.
One co worker very belligerent when things didn't go right or was put out by office manager about personal things and this person was promoted to be point of contact for all issues. Very stressful environment, management is non existent or incapable of realizing the big overall picture.
Pros
New office, equipment, covered parking
Cons
Short Breaks, Lack of Training, Health Care bad
confussed place
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Forest City, IAOctober 5, 2015
this job one person don't know whats going on no structure. people don't show up nothing happens to anyone no vacation pay
Great Company
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 5, 2015
This was probably the best company I've driven for. I experienced a better understanding of driving and patience with every route.
Great Staff, Great Children, Poor Upper Management
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CASeptember 23, 2015
The children and staff make this job very enjoyable. The upper management is unwilling to compete with the necessary wage increases in the area. Centers are having trouble hiring based on what upper management wants to pay employees.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low income
Very little interaction
Archiving Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaSeptember 21, 2015
Company was extremely hard to get a hold of and not very employee friendly. Would take multiple emails and calls to get a hold of someone who actually would want to assist me.
Great culture and atmosphere
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 16, 2015
I would recommend CDI as a place to work.

Great work/life balance.

Developed contract and direct hire recruiting skills
Depressing environment
Senior CICS Systems Programmer (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 15, 2015
The clients supported give furlough days, salary cuts and make you work on-call with no reimbursement. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, unless work/life balance and salary aren't important to you
Pros
work from home
Cons
pretty much everything else. salary does not reflect years of experience.
Accounting Associate / Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 27, 2015
A very good company to work for. Hard working co workers and staff. Flexible work schedule. Great location, close to shops and restaurants.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDI Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9