CDI Corporation

Wonderfull work place
Design engineer (Former Employee), Windsor Locks, CTSeptember 12, 2012
Constructive descussions,
productive time
I learned UG, PW standards, which i am seccesfully using since
Nice freandly co-workers

Overall: Great experience
I would like to rejoin
Business Software Developer
Sr. Support Development Analyst (Former Employee), Charleston, WVAugust 27, 2012
Pros: great people and historical location.
Cons: customers lived in rural environements
Provide Project Management for new product development, in conjunction with the EPA and the Department of Environmental Protection for the State of West Virginia.
This software project was contractor led to create a custom Web Based User Interfaced with a Oracle Database and Internet User interface for the Public at large.
Productive and fun workplace
Detailer III (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 27, 2012
Pros: in house training and certifications.
Cons: too far from home
I enjoy all aspects of my job. The working enviornment is plesant as are the people.
non productive company
Senior Mechanical Designer (Current Employee), United StatesAugust 10, 2012
purposly delayed projects for customers which made the company look bad. customers were always disapointed. no sujgestions were taken seriously or if too many were made you would be terminated.
Contracted Company
Telecommunications Contractor US West (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 2, 2012
Pros: paid well
Cons: lost contract due to inability to meet expectations
Company had to much responsibility and not enough employees or control over the project and their contract was not renewed
Enjoyed my time
Contractor, Business Controls and Compliance (Former Employee), Aurora, COJuly 26, 2012
Sub contracted to IBM.
Contractor role with IBM has its pros/cons of course, but it does allow for a work/life balance.

I enjoyed my time with them and only left to try out a new role.
Recrutor Overreached
Systems Administrator/Engineer (Former Employee), Pittsfield, MAJuly 18, 2012
The recrutor overreached by forcing herself to make me her client when I was about to be offered a position for a company.
Fast paced work environment, data collection, reports, observations and note taking
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), nevadaJuly 1, 2012
Pros: children progressing and reaching higher goals
Cons: benefits
training
professional development
working with children
Great company to work for - outstanding recruiters
MVS System Support Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 25, 2012
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: n/a
Good company to be employed with . Friendly, assertive recruiters. Friendly atmosphere - keep the recruiters information handy for referrals.
good for interm job placement
Cad Drafter (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 18, 2012
Pros: various places to work, work available
Cons: could be sent to places with long commute to work
I was sent to 2 different but enjoyable companies to work for. It was nice to meet new people.

Make sure you negotiate vacation and health benefits before you start working almost impossible to get any or get an increase after employed.

There was no permanent placement, even after years of working for the same co.- no temporary to hire.
TERRIBLE COMPANY, LIES
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Sioux Falls SDJune 13, 2012
Pros: there are pros to working here?
Cons: no support, lies to get you in the door not caring about their employees
I was offered $18 an hour with NO benefits or $16 WITH benefits. I took the 16 hr with benefits then told AFTER THE FACT that I would get ZERO including NO holidays AT ALL.
I was placed at CNA and dropped off in a cubicle and was given NO ACCESS to the network and NO training whatsoever. On top of that CDI threatened to NOT pay me unless I sent my hours – more... ONLINE, only they NEVER did give me access to report my income ONLINE. Several times I told them that and told them I was being given NO TRAINING and NO DIRECTION. They never did anything.
Finally after being threatened to not pay me and being dropped in a HOSTILE work enviroment I quit.
DO NOT WORK FOR CDI OR CNA or IBM. All they care about is the bottom line and they WILL LIE TO YOU and NOT support you.
They basically placed me in a corner and left me to quit or be fired. Spent TWO WEEKS DOING NOTHING and 'ACTING' busy as had NO direction and NO training and NO support, even after asking for direction, training, acess and support.
I will STARVE before I EVER work for those companies again. – less
Recriter/Staffing company for O&G
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 7, 2012
Pros: good management, support & benefits
Cons: high turnaround in contract personnel
I did not work at CDI; I worked for CDI as a contract employee. I completed three assignments over a two year period for a prominent client, Lyondell Basell. Working in HR as an AA to the executives as well as scheduling/coorindating company training and development was new, along with being the key-point person on a team executing a plant turnaround, – more... both were challenging, but enjoyable jobs. It was a pleasure to work with both companies and I was grateful for the experience. – less
transitioning company, personable
Spanish Interpreter, Translator, FSW (Current Employee), Anderson, INJune 5, 2012
I enjoyed helping my families with referrals, assistance ,school information conducting home visits. I also did a lot of translation work from English to Spanish.

I enjoyed all my co-workers and my superiors were wonderful to work with.

Dealing with the extreme heat and lack of proper ventilation was the hardest part but I dealt with it for many years.
pizza friday
Drafter (Former Employee), Charleston, WVJune 4, 2012
Pros: always stayed busy.
Cons: better supervisor
I enjoyed working at CDI corporation. I touched base with microstation which was not really taught in school these days but I do know and taught myself how to use it by going through the Operation book and doing examples and what not. I have also gained alot of knowledge on how to use office supplies such as scanning and making copies for others.
Exciting company to work for!
IBM PC Help Center Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCMay 25, 2012
Pros: pro-team attitude
Excellent company to work for! My typical day at work was learning about computer and the systems associated with them. I learned very much about computers. The management was overall good. My co-workers were very easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was leaving work... I enjoyed all aspects of work. I enjoyed helping customers being able – more... to work and learn about their system and sell products that would assist them in their individual situation. – less
CDI Corp nee' Google, Inc.
Learning and Development Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Google, Inc., Mountain View, CAMay 24, 2012
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. awesome work environment
Cons: duration limitations on contract position
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Google. It was a 9 hour day, which was alleviated somewhat by the ability to start the work day on the shuttle on the way in to the office. I greatly expanded my knowledge of Google products and, I believe, that will aid me greatly in future endeavors. My manager was amazing, tough but fair and very open to communication. – more... She was willing to protect my bandwidth and stand up for me with overzealous Program Managers. The work-life balance was awesome, as they have a very accommodating culture. – less
productive good atmosphere
Payroll Admin (Former Employee), Cross Lanes, WVApril 25, 2012
was processing payroll meeting deadlines
everyone worked as a team
Very unstable company; Work backlog is not strong; No Job Security
Sr Project Engineeer (Former Employee), Ebensburg, PennsylvaniaApril 8, 2012
Cons: no job security; weak business development staff
Former employee. If you are the main bread winner in your family, CDI is not the company for you. There is NO job security. You may be hired to work on a currect project where there is a need to meet a delivery schedule but don't count on another project to move into afterwards. Not a strong backlog of work available. Lack a strong, goal driven or accountable – more... Business Development staff; Only look at the bottom line and how each Quarter is budgeted to close financially, if the projections look weak, there are major staff cuts to meet the Qrtly projections. If you like to work on a week to week basis then this will be the company for you. Even if you think you have enough work until final project delivery, don't count on it. CDI will shift work from you and assign to another person or manager if they need to meet profit numbers. – less
Temporary computer operator job
Contractor (Former Employee), Old Tappan, NJMarch 17, 2012
job was a temporary job that was 3or 4 days a week, 12 hour shift.
very enjoyablae place to work
Payroll/Travel Coordinator (Former Employee), Penfield, NYMarch 12, 2012
Pros: great staff, fun job
I enjoyed detailed work at CDI. The staff there was exceptional. I only left due to relocation.

About CDI Corporation

If you want to get technical, give CDI a call. The company provides engineering and¬†information technology (IT)¬†staffing services – Read more

CDI Corporation Photos