CDI Head Start

CDI Head Start Employee Reviews

Free Education
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 30, 2015
CDI was just a grantee company that helps you until another company comes in and takes over company which happen to be Head Start.
Great place to work with families
Family Advocate/Interpreter (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 14, 2015
Pros: Helping the community
Cons: No health care
This organization is a fantastic advocacy for needy families and their children. The only difficult part of this job was giving up some evening giving for an extremely long 18 plus hour day.
Productive and very interesting...
Program Aide (Former Employee), Farmville, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch and free lessons(helpful tips)
Cons: healrhcare was too expensive
-my co-workers were very nice and supportive
-the hardest part of my job was when telling the children no to something
-management could of been a little better,but it also had a lot to do with new head people
-the part I loved most about my job was seeing the children advance in things they didn't know before they came and when you see them blossom out of their little shy shell
-what I learned while I was there it's not always about just having fun the children have "test" they have to pass(which i never knew since they are so young)
The company is ok to work for.
Family Advocate (Former Employee), Plaquemine, LAJanuary 19, 2015
The management is fair. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things and meeting new people from different cultures and backgrounds. The company provides great trainings.
Leadership
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), columbus ohioDecember 27, 2014
Pros: meals provided
Cons: summer breaks decreased my income
My day at work was implement lesson plans and responsible for observing children ages3-5 in order to determine their development level. I gained valuable experience of working with children with special needs and typical children in a full time inclusion program. I worked in a team teaching setting that taught me a great amount of leadership skills and communication skills. The most joyous part of my job was watching the children meet their goal in development growth.
Decent Place to Work
Employee (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 3, 2014
Really only best to work at to enter into an entry level position in Teaching, Social Work, or Administration. If your looking for career advancement or a liveable wage, best to look elsewhere.
fun place to work
Infant/ toddler health care specialist (Former Employee), clearwater floridaOctober 16, 2014
Working with kids is my passion. I enjoyed working with the kids and the community every day.
Great place to work!
Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSAugust 14, 2014
Pros: program is free to qualifying families
Cons: retirement
CDI is a very productive and and meaningful place to work. I gained so much knowledge to carry me a life time to manage and meet standards and guidelines. I enjoyed working with my co workers as a team and enjoyed working with the children and families i serve.
Great place to work...
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 28, 2014
Pros: families, children, and coworkers
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed working with so many families and children. Busy workplace so the day flew by. Coworkers were great and always helped out when needed.
An organization that was truly for and about the kids
Abbott Secretary (Former Employee), Camden, NJJune 26, 2014
Pros: a true family environment
Cons: cdi was only a temporary grantee. gone too soon
CDI Head Start was a pleasant place to work. I not only worked there but also enrolled 2 of my children there.

The staff went above and beyond for my family. The children were always nurtured by staff as if they were family. Meals were made from scratch. Early mornings you would smell fresh muffins baking and Shrimp Alfredo was not rare meal for lunch. The children loved coming to school. I, on occasion, would spend time in the classes to get teaching tips from the teachers.

The Management staff never felt that they were above sitting in the classes to give coverage. It all felt like family
Disliked
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Augusta, KSJune 12, 2014
Pros: family style meals
Cons: we wasn't a family anymore
When it was JUST Head Start it was an awesome programs but when CDI took over then Child Start it went down the drain
Occupation in field of study
Teacher (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 28, 2014
Pros: free lunch, comp time, paid vacations
Cons: expensive health care, company take over
This company afforded time for my growing family. Time has gone on and the company has changed hands between several agencies and growth has been ceased within the company.
A good opportunity for advancement.
Program Administrative Assistant and Cook (Former Employee), Camden, NJMarch 13, 2014
Pros: working with the children
Cons: it was a long day working the additional hours.
I worked as a Cook and due to my background as an Administrative Assistant, I was able to move up in the company to the position of the Program Administrative Assistant and supervise the secretarial staff. The day was busy with various office tasks and work assignments. Being given a more challenging role in the company, Staff worked well together. The hardest part was working from 7:30 to 5:00 pm because I opened and closed the center daily. The most enjoyable part was engaging with the children in the classroom.
Wonderful place to work
Chef (Former Employee), Camden, NJMarch 8, 2014
Pros: love my job
Cons: not enough communication
CDI was just a replacement service for all Head Start programs.

Had the same work day as center for family services Head start.
CAREER JOB BUT NEEDS MORE ORGNIZATION AND TRAINING
CLERICAL ADMIN/ FAMILY SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: mostly good coworkers, descent lunch time, providing for familiesi case managed
Cons: no proper training, lack of informing new pperwork in a timely fashion, most bosses unapproachale
I WOULD HAVE STAYED HERE BUT THE BOSSES WERE NOT VERY ORGNIZED AND DIDNT PROVIDE PROPER TRAINING FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES. HAD THINGS WORKED OUT BETTER AND CHANGED I WOULD GIVE A BETTER REVIEW.
This was an intrum position
Family Service Worker (Former Employee), St. Louis MoJanuary 9, 2014
This position was a temporary position as the programs where changing funders.
Supportive environment for employees and families
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 1, 2013
While the company operated the center temporarily, it offered incentives that supported employees' educational and professional development. It also provided families with resources to help them become successful in their lives--family activity nights, etc. The company kept in operation a program that continues to better the lives of children and their families when it was in danger of closing.
Very stressful. This company is so unorganized I can't believe it exist.
Teacher (Current Employee), Detroit, Northwest MI.September 25, 2013
Pros: beautiful, energetic children
Cons: unprofessional managers
The hardest part of the job is dealing with upper management with no clue on how to handle day to day operations.
Productive work place with dealing with children
Disability Teacher Aid/ Bus Aid (Former Employee), Camden, NJAugust 13, 2013
Pros: staff meetings, healthcare package
Cons: lunch breaks where to short!
My typical work day was very productive, always kept busy with children, they are busy bodies(smile) I've learn how to work with children with behavior disabilities, how to keep children's profile private, how to discuss a child's situation with his or her parent or guardian. Management was very good. when need they were right there to assits you.. Co- workers were kings, caring, very humorious,. The hardest part of my job was reporting when a staff or co worker mistreated a child.The most enjoyable part of my job was helping someone's child in need and seeing them happy and knowing they have accomplished something.
Productive work place with a friendly, peaceful enviorment
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee), Forrest City, ARJuly 30, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: young kids
Most days went easy without a lot of work co-workers were very nice and friendly, but the best part was learning how to take on big tasks that I've never done before

CDI Head Start Salaries