Warehouse Associate (Farmers Branch, TX)
A small tile company is seeking a Warehouse Associate with a strong background in shipping and receiving to conduct inventory operations out of our Farmers Branch, TX distribution location. We are looking for someone who can translate traditional warehouse management skills and experience into this very dynamic and challenging role.
The Warehouse associate works independently (meaning without helpers) managing the flow of event marketing materials and product samples in and out of the warehouse. The Warehouse Associate is responsible and held accountable for the timely and cost effective delivery of promotional materials to multiple locations.
The Associate also counts, logs, catalogs and organizes inventory both physically and in excel. To be successful in this role, you must possess STRONG excel skills. Additionally, the Warehouse Specialist communicates inventory status effectively and professionally with appropriate internal and external contacts.
Responsibilities & Highest Level Tasks
- Coordinates and conducts inventory management
- Schedules, packs and ships all outbound merchandise
- Communicates inventory status and information effectively with professionally appropriate contacts
- Tracks and monitors inventory supply levels as assigned (consumables and non-consumables) and remedies/communicates potential gaps or deficiencies
- Performs bi-monthly random inventory audits as an additional tool to ensure inventory related activities and practices are being followed in accordance to all established procedures
- Monitors and improves inventory/shipping procedures to maximize effectiveness and efficiency
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe work area, keeping a constant watch for safety issues
- Reports any safety hazards, unsafe working conditions to management and/or HR
- Maintains professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values
- Completes timesheet daily
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years experience working independently in a warehouse/inventory capacity
- Strong background in shipping/receiving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer savvy --advanced Excel skills, proficient with MS Word
- Ability to follow established processes and facilitate communication between multiple contacts
- Must be able to stand and walk on concrete floors for long periods of time and occasionally lift upwards of 40lbs
- Must pass drug test and background check
Our office hours are 9-6. Email us your resume today!
Indeed - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -