CFA Institute

CFA Institute Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work if you have a brain.
IT worker (Former Employee), CharlottesvilleJune 6, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
My four months there was a torment. Partially due to a manager who didn't manage and partially due to an employee who was supposed to train me who refused to do her job.

As a whole, they seem to expect robots who simply follow directions - extremely rigid and just plain bizarre in what they seem to expect as behavior.

Years later, I can tell you that I've watched hiring there and talked to many who've been spit out - they churn employees and have a bad reputation here in Charlottesville.
Well run organization with a stable IT department
Project Director (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAMarch 27, 2014
My role revolves around management of a team and a group of projects. Team members include business analysts, developers, QA engineers, and project managers.
Great experience!
CFA Institute Research Challenge (Former Employee), Nicholls State UniversityMarch 25, 2014
It has been a huge privilege to participate in the CFA Institute Research Challenge. What a great experience and what a great way to apply skills learned in the classroom!
Great Place
Software Test Analyst (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJanuary 21, 2013
Work was very enjoyable. Everyone there was very friendly and willing to help.
Horrible work environment
Need to Hide this info (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAJune 14, 2012
Pros: great cafateria, summer hours
Cons: management, structure, willingness to accept new ideas
I wouldn't recommend working here unless you have a sheep-like mentality. Subordinates blindly follow management with little concern about actually being innovative and progressive. I have been there only a few months and can't wait to leave....even for a job at Walmart.