CAD Designer Job Description
The role of the CAD Designer (CADD) is to prepare CAD drawings according to design specifications and procedures for chemical process equipment including heat exchangers, towers, and related systems. The CADD is to be responsible for the engineering and design of specific projects ensuring consistency with customer expectations, company strategy, commitments and goals. This will require frequent communications with the V.P. Sales, Engineering Manager, Production Manager, suppliers/vendors and at times the end user. Other duties include maintaining engineering and purchasing files and records such as the valid document list and project progress charts.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Creates, executes and maintains a detailed project schedule / project chart which includes customer data (name, model, quoted ship date) complete bill of material, estimated component costs, actual component costs, vendor order number(s), expected component receipt date and projected ship date.
- Document and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs by proactively managing changes in project scope and identifying potential crises. This information must be effectively communicated to Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Production and the end user (when appropriate).
- Key role in generating cost estimates and assisting sales in the early stage of bid proposals. This includes engineering and commercial support.
- The PM will generate all CAD drawings and any needed mechanical calculations to the Engineering Manager for review and approval. The PM has responsibility to make sure all drawings used are per the latest revision and design standards as set by the Engineering Manager.
- Will provide technical and design support to production team as required to assure timely and technical acceptable solutions to questions and issues.
- File all project engineering and design documents (hard and soft copies) in an orderly manner and on a timely basis.
- Maintain VDL document list, both hard and soft files.
Core Competencies and Skills
- Prefer Bachelor degree in either mechanical engineering or mechanical technology.
- Proficient in AutoCad software, both 2D and 3D.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- High degree of organization and planning.
- Able to make good decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers.
- Able to work within a team.
- Able to readily adapt and set priorities in a dynamic situation.
Salary $41,000 to $50,000 depending on experience and qualifications, plus health care plan, vacation and holidays.
Indeed - 13 months ago
CG Thermal LLC is a customer focused, technology driven, solution oriented custom graphite and ceramic heat exchanger Company. Our key...