CGI Group Employee Reviews

Disfunctional company with a high employee turnover rate
Engineering tech (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 26, 2017
Good place to get a start. However not a good place to stay. Owner is a big jock. He likes to drive fancy cars and have nice things. Then fight you over whether you get paid your mileage or not. Good people work here but there is high turnover.
Successful Consulting Firm with varied assignments
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 23, 2017
I have been fortunate to be placed on varied and challenging assignments with first-rate colleagues. CGI acquired Collaborative Consulting in November 2016.
Considerably Productive
Queue Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2017
Collaboration discussion meetings took place in the mornings with the Director and all other leads. Constantly engaged in all facets of the position.
Pros
Constantly engaged in all facets of the position.
Cons
Not enough time.
Great group of people
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage AlaskaJune 14, 2017
What made this company stand out was the people i worked with everyday! Despite the frequent travel and harsh climate in Alaska, They made this assignment easier to deal with. They will be forever in my memory.
Pros
Free accomaditation, transportation, remote work allowed.
Cons
Harsh Weather, Frequent traveling.
Great company to start a career
Cyber Security Analyst/Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 12, 2017
My time at CGI Federal was a six-month internship. So paid leave and benefits were not luxuries that I was privy too. However, during my time there as a Analyst/Engineer intern, the synergy and dynamic of the team and work helped set the foundation for my expectations within a corporate environment.

My Director was never afraid to sit down in the cubicles with us and help us with the work when things were busy or not. He was very understanding and clearly laid out the expectations and future goals that he wanted both the company and Engineering team to achieve.
Good Company to work for
Sr. Lead EDI Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 11, 2017
My overall Experience was good. Good skilled team mates to work with. Pay was excellent! Like a lot of companies some silo's in management, but not the kind that kills a project. I would work for them again for sure!
Pros
Great Pay.
Disorganized
VMware Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 9, 2017
The most mismanaged and disorganized place i have every worked!
Deceitful, during the hiring process. doesn't explain the job in full. Job morphed into a call center job staring at a monitor all day.
CGI Federal
Obsolescence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 8, 2017
Good company with supportive management. Low stress environment and a wealth of programs to develop skills. Work is rather manual and not highly innovative. Open to new ideas but process moves slowly due to government.
Lovely place to be employed
Management Assessment Specialist/Audit Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 8, 2017
Excellent place to work. This job has the best benefits. The staff is helpful when they train you. The staff is warm and inviting, willing to go step by step with new comers. Great job.
CGI's Culture
Business Analyst (O&M Client Team Support) (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 7, 2017
CGI is a good company to work for right out of college. The compensation isn't the best for the experience but that's why I would say its best for students fresh out of college.
Pros
Cons
Compensation/Healthcare
n.a
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2017
customer service potion learned working with remedy oracle 7 creating tickets to solve the customers needs.
critical thinking skills
- fast paced
- high call volume
business is gone
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 6, 2017
Sadly the contract went away and so did the job. It was great working with the soldiers at Ft. Campbell. I only wish that it had lasted longer because our service was so needed.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Old equipment
Great place to work!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2017
CGI Federal is a great place to work. Many different options and paths to grow into if you are patient for the right opportunity! Pay is not so bad either!
Pros
Flexibility - in some roles. Work/life balance.
Excellent place to work
Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  SacramentoJune 5, 2017
A well run and mature organization with the proper amount of checks and balances. It looked beyond the next quarter, but kept focused on growth through a
Great company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 1, 2017
I loved working for CGI, but I was a college hire so my salary increases were based on a low salary. Great benefits, great people. Seattle is not a huge market for them, though.
Pretty darn good
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VAMay 29, 2017
I like CGI Federal overall. Unfortunately, I got on a project that had problems. I was disappointed they didn’t take my recommendations, and the stress was high. I was very impressed that after leaving my original project, they worked very hard to find me another one. I truly appreciated their commitment to me as an employee.
Review Summary
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 27, 2017
A Typical day at work:

Lessons learned:

The Management:

The Workplace culture:

The Hardest part of job:

Most enjoyable part of the job:

**Company review and job title will be shown publicly on Indeed.
Dead end office job
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 25, 2017
This is a typical office job: staring at a computer screen, balancing payments, filling out and explaining forms, etc. The work is often hit or miss. This means you swing between being slammed with work and having nothing to do. Also, common sense is not a virtue in this job.
The people are nice and you have a lot of freedom with when you work, but there is pretty much no opportunity for advancement or even a raise. It's steady work, but don't expect any appreciation. Going above and beyond will get you nothing except more work and higher expectations.
Pros
Lots of freedom with time as long as you finish your work
Cons
Terrible insurance, no opportunity for advancement, awful management
Beware of hiring bait and switch
Consultant (Current Employee) –  LouisianaMay 24, 2017
During the interview process, I was given a list of tasks that I would be responsible for. After being hired, it was a month before I received any tasks and then it was menial data entry for quality assurance (I was hired as a developer). After speaking with other employees, it seems that this is a common practice of the company.

Upper management expects results and work life balance is terrible as a result. Communication between business units is non-existent.

Benefits are ok, but the health plan is a high deductible plan and has ridiculously bad coverage.

Company only matches a certain amount of 401k contributions. Once the cap is reached, the contributions stop.
Pros
Leniency on remote work
Cons
Healthcare/benefits
Good Place to Start
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 23, 2017
This has been a good place to start after college. I have enjoyed the contract I have been on very much. The management is respectful and courteous I haven't had an issue with my direct supervisors. Compensation is a little low, but its what is expected of an entry level position.