CGI Group Employee Reviews in United States

horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJuly 14, 2016
unless you are part of the management staffs inner circle you can't get promoted. there is no room for advancement for certain positions. long hours and constant hounding by supervisors. you are told no cell phones on the call center floor yet the supervisors are walking around with their phone out texting each other and their friends, non work related. if you are out sick and can't afford a doctor they will fire you even if they know that you are sick because you came in coughing and hacking. I do not recommend working there.
Political Work Environment
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
While the job duties are simple and the clients you interact with are usually pleasant, management can be very unspecific on what they desire. A typical work day can consist of deploying machines, installing patches, and resolving 2-3 variable client issues (i.e. printer setups, email setups, data recovery, etc...). There occasionally seems to be a lack of communication between what management says in person versus what they state in emails. It can be frustrating attempting to figure out what they want at times.
Pros
No mandatory overtime
Cons
Short breaks and understanding management
Not a bad place to work
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 13, 2016
My days consist of monitoring our internal infrastructure systems, ensuring that they are up and running in optimum condition. I also Footprints ticketing system to monitor and address customer/user questions, service requests and incidences.

This is a very relaxed atmosphere. Management could be better, but they are not horrible. Co-workers for the most part are pretty good about handling their work, and all other interactions in general.
Pros
Telecommute
Cons
management
Nice place to work. High turnover rate due to nature of work.
Passport Processing Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 14, 2016
I enjoy working for CGI. The benefits package is good and they offer profit sharing as well as a 401k with a 5% matching employer contribution. There is a high turnover rate due to the nature of the work, in that it is very repetitive. There is opportunity for advancement. The reason I gave them only 2 stars for work/life balance is they do not have flexible scheduling, due to the terms of the government contract. However, this rule is applied inconsistently to different members which I found to be unfair. Although they give bonuses at Christmas, they do not give annual raises due to the contract currently being in a state of limbo.
Pros
the work is easy
Cons
no flex time available, policies not applied consistently to all members
Interesting work, great travel, and excellent people to work with.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2016
I loved the work. As a Senior Consultant I worked with some of the brightest young minds in the business. The job took me to exciting places around the world. Expect 60 + percent travel. I cannot say enough positive things about the team to do it credit. Everyone is focused and committed to improving our client abilities.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
Previously answered
Management Analyst Contractor for (FBI) (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 12, 2016
Answered previously in this application. Please see prior summary.
CGI delivers end-to-end IT outsourcing services that allow clients to achieve both quick wins and long-term results. The company's track record of on-time, on-budget delivery is rooted in CGI's quality and management processes. They are basically a hiring source for the Government.
Great company where employees are encouraged to become shareholders..
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 13, 2016
Most employees are also shareholders, so CGI treats them as such, not simply an HR resource to be managed. This can be difficult for a large international company like CGI, but they take great pains to provide resources to help employees manage their careers.
Great company
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  APO AE 09391May 19, 2016
I had an amazing time working for cgi federal while overseas in jalalabad and bagram afghanistan. I worked 7 days a week and 12 hours a day. I learned a multi job functions. My management was extremely well versed. My coworkers were professional. Hardest part of working for my job was getting shot at by insurgents. Working with my coworkers.
Great Work Environment
Information Technologies (IT) Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALMarch 30, 2016
At CGI Group we are encouraged to not only perform at work but also in after work activities, we have a company Softball team and we placed second overall for the season and then took the championship in the final league play.

It is a very positive work environment with an abundance of work resources to help us in both our work and personal lives.
Pros
Great People and Management
Cons
Non stop request by clients and management, often no lunch or breaks
CGI Federal
Project Manager (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 13, 2016
CGI Federal is Government Contractor. A typical day includes supporting my project to make it successful, managing my staff and subcontractors, and following internal Management Frameworks. The CGI Management is very engaged and interested to know how my project performance is going. My co-workers are dedicated and often work more than 5, 8 hour days. We are dedicated to the mission we support and give each other incredible technical and morale support.
Pros
Well documented processes, work from home opportunities
Not a fun place to work
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 28, 2016
CGI Federal, an American subsidiary of the CGI Group, once upon a time provided a challenging and rewarding career. It seems to have fallen upon hard times after the Affordable Care Act fiasco and has not found its footing since. There have been multiple lay offs and RIFs and reorganizations. Talking to people still there, there just isn't much joy in Mudville.
Ok place to work
Indexing/Imaging Specailist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2016
CGI is a ok place to work, there was a few things I didn't like its so micro- managed, you cant laugh or talk if you do you will get a jabber or an email to limit your laugh and talking.. not a good place to work if you don't like everyone to be in your personal business.
Pros
pay
Cons
Team lead
Work In Progress
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 8, 2016
The management team needs to apply more elaborative efforts towards team work and communication. Due to the infant nature of the project idea creation and collaborating is a well regarded skill set required to achieving success and value. The management team is uncoordinated and aim more towards discipline and not coaching and teaching. I am just speaking for one project under their belt, hence other projects may run smoother and operate more efficiently.
Pros
Promotes creativity
Cons
Blocks creativity
Great money
Software Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXFebruary 25, 2016
It's been awhile, but I remember my client base and building relationships. After awhile, I was well liked and trusted. I could call up a client and a sale was made. The commission I made was very good, however, making the monthly goals was a challenge. So this made it very fulfilling when I did.

I worked several places with AMS. Couple of different offices and then for four years from my home office. I traveled to the Corp. offices at least once a quarter.

After a couple of years layoffs started to take place. I was laid off once, then rehired. I saw a lot of people leave. After ten years, I was laid off and never did return.
Pros
Set Client base and great customers
Cons
Too many CEO changes and layoffs
Great Coworkers
Passport Associate II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 17, 2016
My current location is not the most organized place but the work in environment is great. We all work together to achieve the goal of processing the passport applications for the day and resolving any issues that may arise.
Pros
Coworker, clearance, pay
Cons
Unorganized and unpredictable
Don't Do it you will regret it
Employed (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 26, 2016
CGI does not take care of their employees. There are allot of layoffs. The only thing CGI cares about is Money. They sell the client on great process but when you start you will have to develop everything yourself
Pros
Cons
LONG work hours
Productive and the experience was good
Records Management Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 15, 2016
My time with the company was very informative and my colleagues were team oriented. The company as a whole is very outstanding with the exception of the job security.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
No Job Security
Productive workplace with a break room and free coffee
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALFebruary 9, 2016
A typical work day depends on the project you are working on. For the project I was working on, I had to perform regression testing. The management wasn't located in the office I was working in so we had weekly meetings to discuss items related to our project. My teammates on the project were very friendly. The hardest part of the job is performing regression testing in areas of an application you have little to no experience in. The most enjoyable part of my job was updating documentation to include the new enhancements added to an application.
Pros
flexible work schedule, stock benefits
Cons
healthcare benefits, work/life balance
CGI is Great
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 5, 2016
Great company and very interactive with employees. Would love to stay if they had more opportunities in management, and personal growth.
Pros
Above average pay, freedom to work independently
Cons
No room for advancement
Productive and reliable place to work in.
Communications Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL.April 28, 2016
Great managers, great staff with personnel management and daily motivational tactics. Truly a pleasure to have learned from great superiors and very grateful for the opportunities provided to me and my family.