CGI Group Employee Reviews in United States

Great company
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  APO AE 09391May 19, 2016
I had an amazing time working for cgi federal while overseas in jalalabad and bagram afghanistan. I worked 7 days a week and 12 hours a day. I learned a multi job functions. My management was extremely well versed. My coworkers were professional. Hardest part of working for my job was getting shot at by insurgents. Working with my coworkers.
Flexible work
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, VAMay 19, 2016
The work environment was very flexible as it allowed a lot of opportunities to work from home. Overall, I enjoyed working for CGI but it was a heavy commute to and from home.
Pros
flexible work
Cons
drive to work was long
Watch your back
System Analyst (Software) Associate, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 3, 2016
CGI Federal is not your friend, be careful this company is only out to work you to the bone and not pay you very much for it. The staff are great people most have been there for decades.
Pros
Great people
Cons
horrible management
Productive and reliable place to work in.
Communications Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL.April 28, 2016
Great managers, great staff with personnel management and daily motivational tactics. Truly a pleasure to have learned from great superiors and very grateful for the opportunities provided to me and my family.
Overall great company to work for
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 21, 2016
Working at CGI is a rewarding experience. Leadership and portfolio are strong. Experience is high and opportunities are vast.
Great Coworkers
Passport Associate II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 17, 2016
My current location is not the most organized place but the work in environment is great. We all work together to achieve the goal of processing the passport applications for the day and resolving any issues that may arise.
Pros
Coworker, clearance, pay
Cons
Unorganized and unpredictable
Productive place
Safety Director/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2016
I have never seen such a long process to even hire out with anyone, as I didn't see much of them. They worked on a different project then I.
Pros
Nice vehicles
Cons
Not enough space
Busy work place
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2016
On the phone a lot and have to have patients. Some rude people, but it is what you take away from it. The coworkers are amazing and the staff is amazing.
Cgi
Passport Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2016
Great company to work for. They invest in their staff and insure upward mobility is available. They do a great job having training available for any staff members to improve their professional portfolio,
Great place, challenging but low pay
Validation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, MDApril 1, 2016
Interesting place with many opportunities to grow. Work/Life Flexibility is awesome. Ability to work from home. Everyone works hard, stays committed to the requirements and stays together as a team, help each other out when needed.
Great Work Environment
Information Technologies (IT) Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALMarch 30, 2016
At CGI Group we are encouraged to not only perform at work but also in after work activities, we have a company Softball team and we placed second overall for the season and then took the championship in the final league play.

It is a very positive work environment with an abundance of work resources to help us in both our work and personal lives.
Pros
Great People and Management
Cons
Non stop request by clients and management, often no lunch or breaks
Not a fun place to work
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 28, 2016
CGI Federal, an American subsidiary of the CGI Group, once upon a time provided a challenging and rewarding career. It seems to have fallen upon hard times after the Affordable Care Act fiasco and has not found its footing since. There have been multiple lay offs and RIFs and reorganizations. Talking to people still there, there just isn't much joy in Mudville.
Productive Fun Place
Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 28, 2016
Great work and life balance, great place to retire. Management really cares about your growth. Great social clubs and free gym and coffee.
Decent place to work, if you plan on just getting by
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXMarch 14, 2016
Offers little opportunity to grow, instead of promoting within they hire from outside.
Management is extremely lacking.

Job security is one plus
CGI Federal
Project Manager (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 13, 2016
CGI Federal is Government Contractor. A typical day includes supporting my project to make it successful, managing my staff and subcontractors, and following internal Management Frameworks. The CGI Management is very engaged and interested to know how my project performance is going. My co-workers are dedicated and often work more than 5, 8 hour days. We are dedicated to the mission we support and give each other incredible technical and morale support.
Pros
Well documented processes, work from home opportunities
Cgi
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 10, 2016
They will work you more than 40hrs a week. You will work on multiple projects. Co-workers were good and very helpful. Hardest part is trying to merge corporate America with State Government.
Work In Progress
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 8, 2016
The management team needs to apply more elaborative efforts towards team work and communication. Due to the infant nature of the project idea creation and collaborating is a well regarded skill set required to achieving success and value. The management team is uncoordinated and aim more towards discipline and not coaching and teaching. I am just speaking for one project under their belt, hence other projects may run smoother and operate more efficiently.
Pros
Promotes creativity
Cons
Blocks creativity
Not impressed
Consultant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 3, 2016
Not a good culture for growth. This is simply a giant company that goes around eating up other smaller companies and spitting them out.
Overall great company to work for
Network Engineer/Security Focal (Current Employee) –  Belton, TXFebruary 29, 2016
I love working for this company. The pay is pretty good and the co-workers are like family. There are plenty of employee appreciation programs like profit sharing and buying stocks in the company. The only downside to working for this company is that its contract work and sometimes the customer likes to end the contract prematurely due to saving money. The management is great here, supervisors are constantly trying their hardest to find us work if a contract ends. The most enjoyable part of the job is just being able to work with the people I do and sharing things we learn about the equipment we work on. With this job being my first real enterprise environment networking I learned just a ton over my three years here. I learned more complicated things about routers and switches and meraki wireless access points and later about how SDN networks work.
Pros
ability to work from home, stocks program, diversity in knowledge base among peers.
Cons
contracts ending prematurely.
Great Company....however, Compensation/Benefits are the worse.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, VAFebruary 29, 2016
Great after-college company to work for; however, they do not provide the best Compensation/Benefits for their employees.
Pros
Job Work/Life Balance; very flexible company
Cons
Healthcare do not cover much. Deductibles are ridiculously high.