CGI Group Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCApril 27, 2017
Enjoyed all the people I worked with. Great team work and attention to details. Payroll system was very archeage and required updating. Suggested transition to new systems.
Great !
Customer Care / Help Desk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 26, 2017
Productive workplace , always working as a team, great management. upper management always willing to help as much as they can. Managers and Supervisors appreciate all the work we do and would treat us with lunch on some occasions .
Pros
Appreciated
Cons
na
Great starting company
Information Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALApril 19, 2017
The company itself is very strong and is heavily involved in multiple industries. The salary could definitely be higher, and the benefits could be better, but I feel that the management team is very strong at the moment, and the office culture is extremely inviting.
The Good Ole Days.....
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 17, 2017
Working at CGI was Fulfilling, it was My Home Away from Home. I was Challenged, Trusted and Inspired. I worked with Good Ole Boys, True Experts across the company. I was responsible for an account that was Complex and had zero time to waste. I am Thankful for all the People, the Mentors who Guided Me Right, who made me Successful. What did I learn? I Discovered I could Love My Work Family at CGI as much as I Love My Own Family. I Discovered how Passionate I was about the Clients, the People and the Company. I Discovered Who I Am. I Discovered My Calling. (:
Pros
Working w/True Experts whom also know how to have a Good Time.
Cons
Long hours, BUT, who doesn't Love to Rock N Roll?
Collections
Customer Service/Collections (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXApril 17, 2017
This company has its ups and downs. At the beginning i was advised of extra added bonuses for excelling in collection activities. I reached the top 20 and had to request from management to review their bonus structure to be able to collect my bonus. I was given a $200. once and no explanation as to why it wasnt given to begin with.
Benefits
Engineering Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 13, 2017
CGI's benefits are the worse! Company will cover employees, but will charge the employee $100 dollars for each additional family member. Employee cost for coverage is extremely high compared to other companies.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Benefits, Work life balance
Better Than a Poke the Eye with a Sharp Stick, But Not Much
Senior Training and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Goodfellow AFB, TXApril 12, 2017
Given my military service, I had seniority over several of my co-workers, however when budget cuts forced lay-offs, I was laid off while my less-experienced co-workers were retained, because they were buddy buddy with our supervisor. When I brought this up with my supervisor and manager, they told me I had a bad attitude, and I was asked to leave.

As I told the CGI Federal HR lady who called me for an exit survey, it will be a cold day in Hades, before I ever consider working for this company ever again.
Pros
401k and stock options
Cons
Terrible leadership
N/a
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 10, 2017
Company is okay, but what makes it a good place to work is the people. Management could use some training on interpersonal skills, but outside of that it's an okay company.
Incident, Problem, and Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA 22030April 10, 2017
Working from home was a great benefit. Management was excellent and available to assist in any issues that may arouse. The workplace culture was friendly and we all worked together as a team. The greatest asset of the job each of our groups cross trained in each others daily work so that there were no gaps if someone was out or working on another project.
Okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALApril 6, 2017
It was okay but not for me. You came in and did what they wanted. If you was not up to there standards they let you go. I learned that was was not good at being a contract specialist. I most enjoyable part was learning something that I have not done before.
do not work here. period.
Passport Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 5, 2017
passport specialist, usa location. terrible management. NO room for growth. low wages unless you work night shift. mandatory overtime, including saturdays. terrible for people with families. their healthcare package is EXPENSIVE, unless you have your own, so your check will be PENNIES after paying that out. tooooooo much micro management, everything you do is always a problem. your scrutinized for your attire. the cafe sucks, and is non existent for night shift employees. the bathrooms are disgusting MOST times, especially at night.
Pros
Cons
read the review!
Awesome
Tier 1 Help Desk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2017
Love working for this company, the strive to help you in anything you need, they go above and beyond for their employees. They appreciate when they see you working hard!
Good Company and fun environment
Sr Middleware Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 3, 2017
It's a good place to work. There are group outings and happy hours. Good working culture and team collaboration. I had opportunity for growth and transparent management.
Great internship with flexible hours and learning experience
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAApril 3, 2017
I had a great time working CGI Technologies. The manager I reported to was an unbelievable resource to me, giving the comfort to reach out to him with questions at any time that furthered my knowledge of business analytics.
Fantastic Company
Incident Response Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCApril 3, 2017
CGI is great to work with. For a company so large, they sure make it feel small and inclusive, which is a good thing. The team I was blessed to work with are very good at what they do and speaks volumes of CGI's recruitment staff.
Job Growth
Financial Medicare Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 30, 2017
The company offers great opportunities to work with the Federal Government. Their employees are not considered as staff but are given the title as member'. The reason for that is the company owner has given each employee a option to buy a stock into the company making a member of ownership. The moral and the time that they put into keeping the members there upbeat about the work place. The growth in which that you can take is large and all around good place to work
Pros
Geat!!
Cons
n/a
It all depends on your project
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 30, 2017
The opportunity for growth depends on the project you will be assigned to. Each project may be different. Workplace culture and your team all depends on the project you will be working on.
Some employees get promoted to management level without having the knowledge or experience to manage people. No clear path for career and professional development.
Cons
Less than competitive salary, no structure for career & professional development, managers not ready for management level.
Productive and fun place to work.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 28, 2017
Planned, coordinated and expedited the flow of material from contractor/Government warehouses to Government sites ensuring delivery schedules were implemented on time. Responsible for overall planning, coordination and management of two individual warehouses, of over 80,000 square feet, with inventories values of $40 million. Designed, implemented and supervised on-the-job training of warehouse personnel performing both clerical and physical tasks in connection with receiving, storing, moving, delivery, picking up and inventorying of materials.
Pros
Yearly incentives
Good people and team
Director of Consulting Services (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 28, 2017
Great team of members. Fun working with very smart and intelligent individuals. There are always opportunities to work with other groups and find new technologies to work with.
Easy to communicate with, looked out for their members
Logistics Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALMarch 23, 2017
Work started about 6:30 in the morning. We would look at the task at hand for the day and get our tools out and start the build process. I learned more of the management side of things as the Floor Lead. The hardest part of the job was making sure we made out deadlines and had funding to do quality testing. The people I work with made the job.
Pros
The people
Cons
The Government

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI Group. Our community is ready to answer.