CGI Group Employee Reviews in United States

the job is a great opportunity
Document/Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2016
A typical day at work is sorting the incoming mail from USPS,UPS and documents,packages to be scanned and writing in to be delivered to there departments.
Great people to work with
DRG Validation Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 26, 2016
CGI has top notch management and the pay and benefit package was above industry standard. The work was challenging but doable. However, if the company needs to make changes to staffing, such as a company layoff, they don't hesitate, but they will provide severance pay, etc.
Pros
Good management team
Cons
No job security
Good experience
Technical Lead/Business Process Reengineer (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 25, 2016
Good experience with CGI, even though they still have things to improve. But who is perfect ? The project was perfect. A typical day at work is constant communication.
Great company where employees are encouraged to become shareholders..
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 13, 2016
Most employees are also shareholders, so CGI treats them as such, not simply an HR resource to be managed. This can be difficult for a large international company like CGI, but they take great pains to provide resources to help employees manage their careers.
CGI is Great
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 5, 2016
Great company and very interactive with employees. Would love to stay if they had more opportunities in management, and personal growth.
Pros
Above average pay, freedom to work independently
Cons
No room for advancement
productive place
Service Technician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 28, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company.I learned a lot and my coworkers were great.The hardest part of my day was long the hours,but it was worth it.
Don't Do it you will regret it
Employed (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 26, 2016
CGI does not take care of their employees. There are allot of layoffs. The only thing CGI cares about is Money. They sell the client on great process but when you start you will have to develop everything yourself
Pros
Cons
LONG work hours
Interesting work, great travel, and excellent people to work with.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2016
I loved the work. As a Senior Consultant I worked with some of the brightest young minds in the business. The job took me to exciting places around the world. Expect 60 + percent travel. I cannot say enough positive things about the team to do it credit. Everyone is focused and committed to improving our client abilities.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
loved it
Customer Service (Tech Support) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2016
I loved working for CGI. the people were great, management was very friendly, flexible, and understanding if the pay weren't so low, I would've loved to stay there.
Pros
everything except for the pay
Cons
the pay
horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJuly 14, 2016
unless you are part of the management staffs inner circle you can't get promoted. there is no room for advancement for certain positions. long hours and constant hounding by supervisors. you are told no cell phones on the call center floor yet the supervisors are walking around with their phone out texting each other and their friends, non work related. if you are out sick and can't afford a doctor they will fire you even if they know that you are sick because you came in coughing and hacking. I do not recommend working there.
Nice place to work. High turnover rate due to nature of work.
Passport Processing Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 14, 2016
I enjoy working for CGI. The benefits package is good and they offer profit sharing as well as a 401k with a 5% matching employer contribution. There is a high turnover rate due to the nature of the work, in that it is very repetitive. There is opportunity for advancement. The reason I gave them only 2 stars for work/life balance is they do not have flexible scheduling, due to the terms of the government contract. However, this rule is applied inconsistently to different members which I found to be unfair. Although they give bonuses at Christmas, they do not give annual raises due to the contract currently being in a state of limbo.
Pros
the work is easy
Cons
no flex time available, policies not applied consistently to all members
Previously answered
Management Analyst Contractor for (FBI) (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 12, 2016
Answered previously in this application. Please see prior summary.
CGI delivers end-to-end IT outsourcing services that allow clients to achieve both quick wins and long-term results. The company's track record of on-time, on-budget delivery is rooted in CGI's quality and management processes. They are basically a hiring source for the Government.
Working environment
Information Technology Resource Provider (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 11, 2016
Cannot adequately give a review for this company. Did not work at the company a lengthy time, so cannot adequately review.
Pros
Instruction
Cons
Certification process
Productivity and good job performance
Interior Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 7, 2016
Everyday i lean more and more because i take diferen type of work, and my co-worket with me workin hard every day
Cons
1 shrt breake
Political Work Environment
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
While the job duties are simple and the clients you interact with are usually pleasant, management can be very unspecific on what they desire. A typical work day can consist of deploying machines, installing patches, and resolving 2-3 variable client issues (i.e. printer setups, email setups, data recovery, etc...). There occasionally seems to be a lack of communication between what management says in person versus what they state in emails. It can be frustrating attempting to figure out what they want at times.
Pros
No mandatory overtime
Cons
Short breaks and understanding management
Stay away
Passport Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 20, 2016
No room for advancement, especially in passport services. I didn't learn anything. Routine work with no mental stimulation. Leadership is incompetent.
Productive and the experience was good
Records Management Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 15, 2016
My time with the company was very informative and my colleagues were team oriented. The company as a whole is very outstanding with the exception of the job security.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
No Job Security
Not a bad place to work
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 13, 2016
My days consist of monitoring our internal infrastructure systems, ensuring that they are up and running in optimum condition. I also Footprints ticketing system to monitor and address customer/user questions, service requests and incidences.

This is a very relaxed atmosphere. Management could be better, but they are not horrible. Co-workers for the most part are pretty good about handling their work, and all other interactions in general.
Pros
Telecommute
Cons
management
Has limits
Supply Technician, Contractor (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAJune 7, 2016
Good place to work but has limits as what you can become. This is the reason many leave this company because of the type of contract it on.
Ok place to work
Indexing/Imaging Specailist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2016
CGI is a ok place to work, there was a few things I didn't like its so micro- managed, you cant laugh or talk if you do you will get a jabber or an email to limit your laugh and talking.. not a good place to work if you don't like everyone to be in your personal business.
Pros
pay
Cons
Team lead