CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews

Intresting at times but the work is the same everyday
Processing Clerk (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 27, 2015
Depending what task you are assigned it is about the same recieving applications entering data, verifing printing the product then delivering it. It is only a little diffrent when you deal with the customer. All the customers are in emergency situations and some are more intresting than others.
Okay
Payment Support Analyst (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 22, 2015
This job is a good job to gain experience but there is not much room for advancement. The hours and days are great. Management is okay not great.
Excellent place to work on Systems Development and Implementation
BI Project Manager (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Excellent place to work on different projects
Cons: No training
Offers opportunities to work on a variety of Systems Development and Implementation projects. You are expected to learn on your own on the job. Minimal or No training provided.
Telecommute option, laid back
Business Analyst Lead/Manager (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Telecommute Option
Cons: Lack of growth, politics and lack of support from management
It depends on the business units but provides option for telecommute few times a week, friendly people. Management is just there to advance themselves through the employee, no growth, no support or acknowledge. Ideal company if you want job security and just collect pay check.
Client Support Consultant (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAJuly 16, 2015
Very supportive work environment with great clients. Flexible and great co-workers.
Benefits are competitive and room for advancement.
AN OK COMPANY
Customer Service/Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 9, 2015
IT WAS VERY BUSY, TRAINING, HOLDING MEETINGS AND ORIENTATIONS. LIFE BALANCE WAS THE BEST PART OF THE COMPANY. I TRAINED REPS TO COMPLETE DATA ENTRY AS WELL
good over time pay
Asset Management Specialist (Former Employee), Levittown, PAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: long hours
Cons: good pay
The hours were very long which provided little room for college and other things in life. Co-workers were dedicated and great with teamwork.
Great experience
Business Analyst (Consultant) (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 6, 2015
Great company to work for. Management has clear understanding of the goals, great peer. Less commute for me.
Great work life balance
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Lakewood, COJuly 1, 2015
Great work life balance, pay and benefits on the low end. Advancement limited to those willing to relocate. Pay not up to industry minimums.
Had the opportunity to work with great talent
Senior Consultant/Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Anchorage, AlaskaJune 28, 2015
The teams that I have worked with at CGI have been nothing short of A-list talent. They have provided me with an education in project management that can not be obtained in a classroom setting.
Good place to work, great environment
Tester (Former Employee), Troy, ALJune 27, 2015
The city of Troy is small but continually growing. CGI is a good place to work and a great addition to the city. You may be working on projects from different states and even countries. Very diverse group of people. There is a lot of opportunity for career development within the company.
Cutting edge technology company, very "tech" oriented.
Customer ServiceTeam Lead (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 26, 2015
Pros: Strong organizational strength, excellent company matched stock options and performance bonus.
Cons: Limited growth opporutnity due to primary jobs being technical.
The company strives to create an enviorment where everyone is a "member" not an employee.

They promote ownership in the success of the company by tying it directly to how it benefits the overall satisfaction of each member both in emotional well being and financial well being.

However, the emphasis is placed highly on the technical carreers and anyone in a supporting role that is not technology oriented tends to feel left by the wayside as the opportunity for growth is limited.

The compensation is above average in pay but lagging behind in medical benefits with the typical high deductible plans offered with limits in coverage that are reached too quickly.

The door is open to promote yourself as a resource especially if you're willing to travel.

There is a strong emphasis on open communication and transparency in the leadership. I truly believe they are concerned about the satisfaction of the members but the bottom line is what really determines that.
Interesting People to work with
System Engineer (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 19, 2015
There is a lack of professional management. But you can tell they are trying to make an effort. Work on a government contract with company.
Team Leader
Team Leader (Current Employee), Troy, ALJune 19, 2015
Provide assistance to supervisor, work with agents to ensure tasks are completed. Collect on past due accounts. The company provides full benefits along with 401K
Bad management
Clerical (Former Employee), Western Passport Center Tucson,azJune 11, 2015
Pros: At least it's a job!
Cons: Minimal time off, no raises, bad management
The absolute worst Management I have ever worked with! FAVORITISM abounds and no room for advancement and never a raise in 4 years. Co-workers are great, but all feel like indentured servants. Very bad moral.
Great Company
Software Consultant (Current Employee), Lebanon, VAJune 8, 2015
Pros: remote work
Great company to work for. They offer lots of flexibility with hours and remote work. Good benefits and pay.

Over the past 8 years I have learned a lot with CGI Federal. I've acquired skills in software design, use case analysis, and received my CSTE certification.
Heavy Accounting and Administrative functions
Employee Voucher Processor (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 5, 2015
I am an accomplished executive administrative, Accounting professional who is fully committed to providing responsive and effective services. Attached you will find my resume, which further outlines my background. In addition to over 25 years of administrative experience as well as 15+ years of accounting experience, I offer:

• Secret Security Clearance.
• Familiarity with software, including Deltek Costpoint & GCS Premier, Sharepoint, QuickBooks Pro, Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and Access.
• Experience with most accounting procedures, including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables, billing, account reconciliation, payroll, and tax preparations.
• Executive Administration experience, specializing in conference booking, calendar management, customer relations, travel reimbursement, human resources, secretarial duties, and scheduling.
• Extensive familiarity with travel and expense reports, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Federal Travel Regulations, and GSA guidelines.
• Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to perform self-directed daily tasks, multi-task, make efficient decisions, and excel in high pressure environments.
Great Company
Senior Programmer (Current Employee), Albany, GeorgiaMay 28, 2015
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: some management issues
Great company but lousy insurance. Experiencing some growth and management issues and once worked out will be fantastic place to work.
Good place to learn
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Work all hours, holidays, weekends
Some managers are great, some are all about money and will use you to get what they need. Good stock options. Healthcare coverage is a disaster.
A professional, hard working and also a fun having enviorment
Desktop Support/Help Desk Intern (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 21, 2015
A typical day at CGI consist of me coming in checking my emails and following up with clients. Once my follow ups are done I check in with my team to see if there are any important updates or something I need to be aware of. After those two task are complete I get to work and if it's a slow day for me I'll see if a member of my team needs assistance. If not I'll study my A+ certification material. Everything I know about IT I learned Year Up and those skills were used and escalated at CGI Federal. I came in as a young determined intern who really didn't know as much as I should about IT but, was still interested in it. CGI Federal provided me the hands-on experience and the exposure I needed. When I arrived at CGI Federal the team welcomed me with open arms and made me feel wanted. They not only helped me obtain the information I needed they helped me understand it as well. The team also assisted me and still managed to make time and complete their own tasks and duties. The hardest part of my job was when I first came in and had clients with issues that I couldn't resolve on my own. It was a difficult experience for me because I felt like I was making a member on my team do the workload of two. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with everyone I came across and also the clients faces and sometimes their reaction when their problems where resolved.
Industry