CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with a break room and free coffee
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALFebruary 9, 2016
A typical work day depends on the project you are working on. For the project I was working on, I had to perform regression testing. The management wasn't located in the office I was working in so we had weekly meetings to discuss items related to our project. My teammates on the project were very friendly. The hardest part of the job is performing regression testing in areas of an application you have little to no experience in. The most enjoyable part of my job was updating documentation to include the new enhancements added to an application.
Pros
flexible work schedule, stock benefits
Cons
healthcare benefits, work/life balance
Military
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR / DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 5, 2016
No secret that it's the military. Expect a strong structure, brotherhood, and a lot of hurry up and wait tasks. Overall a great jump start experience.
Good job for temporary position
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 5, 2016
a typical work day 8-5
Learned how to be a good customer service rep
Management is somewhat available
My co workers were great
the hardest part is getting management to work in office
The most enjoyable part was the lunches and the office parties
Very Flexible Place to work
Business Analyst/Change Control Board Lead (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 3, 2016
I've been working with CGI for the past eight years and I love the flexibility that it provides to its members in order for us to achieve a great work/life balance.
Good Company
Network Consultant (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAFebruary 3, 2016
The company was a very professional consulting firm, but is no longer in existence. It was acquired a number of years ago and the acquirer went out of business
Pros
Great benefits and good client base
Cons
Company was sold and ultimately went out of business.
Good Work Environment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 29, 2016
The work environment is pleasant and there are great people to work with but there is no room for growth within the organization. Salary increase is not enough to cover cost of living.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No room for growth.
Depends on your project
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 27, 2016
I worked for CGI for 10 years and I have been on some great projects and some not so great ones. It really depends on the project you are on.

I do say that it is a big company and if you are on client site it feels like each project is a different company. Also, CGI isn't that competitive salary wise with other companies in the DC area which leads to a high turnover.

The profit sharing and the CGI stock options are very nice perks.
Good for short term
Senior Developer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, VAJanuary 25, 2016
This job is good for short term but if your looking to move up or prove yourself then this is not the job for you. They are more interested in getting the fresh out of the college hires and saying how much things are growing.When in reality the only numbers show they are always hiring so many but that's because the seasoned employee was either getting laid off or finding work somewhere else.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No pay or advancement
You can build a career here
Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2016
I have worked at CGI for over ten years, as have several of my colleagues. I don't know of many other consulting firms that foster a similar culture of people building long-term careers in the company.

I have had opportunities to work in multiple offices, to travel and to work locally based on the company's and my personal needs.

I have been put in roles of progressive growth throughout my career and believe the process of reward through compensation and advancement is fair. You have to prove you can operate in a role to receive this reward.

The primary reason I choose to continue to build my career at CGI is the incredibly smart and hard-working people I have the opportunity to work with every day.
Pros
People, Flexible hours when project schedules permit
Cons
Project deadlines necessitate long hours
Worst Place To work
Passport Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2016
Over worked with little pay. Management shows favoritism. People who worked here for years stay in the same position. However, new employees get promoted with in a month due to favoritism .

Management -lack communication skils, and experience.
Pros
Leave early
Cons
Lack communication, underpayed, and discrimination

Want to know more about CGI Group?

Ask a question
No summary to add.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day at work. What I was able to learn. Management. Coworkers. The hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job.
Great enviornment
Data Base Manager; Senior Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 11, 2016
While I worked for CGI Federal I had virtually no problems with any of the personnel or procedures. It was a pleasure to work for this fine company.
Pros
not enough supervision of other personnel
Cons
People oriented
great company to be in.
desktop support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2016
The best company i ever worked.
Great people
Great Managers
lay back
good benefits
good co workers
stress free environment.
Pros
everything
Cons
nones
Good Company
Payment Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 29, 2015
Helps a lot, always on the employee's corner when it comes to how the client treats their employees. A lot of different opportunities all over the world.
Pros
good helpers
Great please to work
Onsite Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 24, 2015
I have been part of CGI since 5 + years and its great place to work and good culture.
Its been great support from management to grow professionally. we have very good long term clients in CGI and new technologies involved and CGI always encourage its employees upgrade to new technologies.
Group I worked with was unprofessional & lacked boundaries
administrative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 15, 2015
They provided little to no training and constantly changed procedures. When I asked my team lead about writing down procedures, he replied" I should not have to. You guys should remember." The work environment was very negative and at times hostile. Management did not care. If you did not like it, you could leave. No one took responsibility and pointed fingers at others when there was a problem or error.
Pros
Free lunch at times. Free wifi
Cons
Management not transparent, long response time to fix problems, not provided tools to do job
Flexible hours
Lead Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 9, 2015
The environment is pleasant and the clients are easy to work with. Can work at your own pace as long as you reach the deadlines.
enjoyable site
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Johns Island, SCDecember 9, 2015
the work was self-pace, I learned hoe to be a great housemen the managers on site was good the hardest part was dealing with the heat and the most enjoyable part of job was they let learn as much as you want.
Pros
manager paid for lunch
Cons
no benefits
Great Place to Work
Project Scheduler (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 1, 2015
CGI is that company you get hired onto and then find you could maintain a healthy career here and always learn something new. Whether its the government side or Enterprise IT/Project management. Training is abundant and the company really looks out for your work to life balance......
Good Place
manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 30, 2015
Great place to work specially in IT Consulting. Great culture and technical environment. Offices are at very convenience location.