CGI Group Employee Reviews

productive fun
Records Auditor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 21, 2017
place is out of control can never get steady work load people are great and easy to get along whit management tries to help as much as possible would commendatory bad benefits
Pros
fun
Cons
breaks
Co-workers were hard workers
Human Resource Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 19, 2017
My Co-workers were hard workers and I enjoyed working here. There was minimum flexibility but more than other companies. Compensation and Benefits could be better. It's a great place to grow.
Its all about production, not about you.
Passport Support Associate Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesMarch 16, 2017
Managers do not care about giving instructions, they just want you to figure things out and work fast. Not room to grow. If you can find a job somewhere else, please do.
Pros
Nice schedule
Lack Of Leadership
Interim System Devlopment Liaison (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALMarch 15, 2017
This place takes you and expects you to do all that and then some of eeryone else's job. Without. A pay increase or any type of proper training in the mew postion you are entering they just expect for you to go in and know it
Very Stuffy office, very confused people
Software Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 8, 2017
This office was all over the place not seeing your boss for days. The company culture is very corporate and uses old technology and terribly long training for employees that don't need it. On the business end they do a great job, but keeping engineers happy is not something they do well.
Pros
some room for advancement
Cons
unclear management structures, no real job training
Allways a productive day.
Logistics Analst (Current Employee) –  KuwaitMarch 1, 2017
Love working in the Logistical field at CGI. It has been a wonderful 5 years with this company. Have met wonderful people who have a sense of purpose and direction in this company.
Overall Good Experience
Computer Network Technician (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Though it varies from place to place, working at this company has been great, Coworkers are friendly and the people are very knowledgeable. Even though the initial pay is competitive, there may be little incentive for promotion or salary increases

Overall great company to work for
Productive and Friendly place to work
IT Consultant-Intern (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 16, 2017
A good place where i was able to develop my technical skills along with interpersonal skills. Friendly people and helps in your needs.
Pay Increase doesn't happen often enough
Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2017
It is a big company, and good place to start a career if you know the right people. Pay Increase doesn't happen often enough, and when it does happen, it is mostly pennies, unless again you know the right people.
Enjoyable and a grat place to work
Consultant/Contractor (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALFebruary 16, 2017
As a member of CGI, I had the opportunity to work with very knowledgable and experience individual. As a CGI member, I had to be self starter and be motivated to perform my duties wit minimum directives.
It was a pleasure working with everyone
Consultant, Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJFebruary 13, 2017
Loved the flexibility of working remotely from home during bad weather although heavy crunch time did require us to work long hours and on weekends when needed.

Only issue with consulting work is not having another project lined up when this assignment ended. There were no local jobs and only ones available when my project ended required relocation which I was unable to do at the time.
Pros
close to home, close relationships, gained agile experience
Cons
No time for self development or training
Total waste of time & money. Don't apply here
Passport Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 12, 2017
I applied to this company in December 2014. I jumped through every hoop for months. Spent money on finger prints and Fed Ex fees. They kept sending emails every month asking if I was still interested, to which I replied yes. Then in May of 2015 I received a call from the original recruiter informing me that my background check was finally complete. I was expecting her to ask me when I was ready to start. But instead, she told me that at the present time there weren't any openings and did I want to remain on the waiting list.

To say I was upset is an understatement. More months passed and I received another email telling me that I would have to get all of my documents updated to remain on the list. Why in the world would finger prints need to be updated?

I told them to please remove me from whatever so called list they had me on.
Professional and Motivational
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 9, 2017
CGI Federal is a diverse contracting company that provides different opportunities for its employees under different federal agencies. Being a contractor as an Administrative Assistant for Department of Justice was a great experience. I have learned the aspects of providing mediation and facilitation between both the public community and the government. I had the pleasure of working with professional and intelligent individuals who have motivated me to go back to school and pursue my goals of obtaining my degree. The most enjoyable part of the job was the different challenges and accomplishing them. The hardest part of the job is the communication between regions due to the different time zones. Overall, I have gained the experience of working with different federal agencies.
Pros
Great time management, management support and opportunities
Cons
30 min lunch break
Great company but has poor management
COLLECTIONS AGENT (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALFebruary 8, 2017
CGI is an awesome company. The pay and benefits were amazing but the management was not trustworthy and it made the environment difficult to work in.
great place to work
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 8, 2017
great place to work for, management is very friendly and supportive. they go above and beyond to help. Best place to work
CGI Federal Is An Amazing Company To Work For!
Senior Recruiter (contract) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2017
I had a great experience working at CGI Federal! This is such a great company to work for!. They really enforce all efforts to provide a great work life balance. The managers and co-workers I worked with were amazing.
Pros
You really feel appreciated by the managers and there is great team support available there.
Cons
I can't think of any.
Enabled clients’ transformation through on-time, on-budget project delivery.
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 7, 2017
I have been working at CGI (More than a year)

Pros:
Great environment, very helpful, intelligent coworkers, very friendly enivironment, work life balance is great with flexible schedule

Cons:
I don't have any at the moment maybe a faster way to move up the ladder.
good place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Good place to work. No breaks. Learned to be on time for work and to work alone or as a team. Management was always helpful.
Exciting daily challlenges'
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Department of JusticeJanuary 25, 2017
I have been afforded the awesome opportunity to work in the world's largest Law Firm. I work in a section that is very appropiate with my prior work experience, my contributions are noticed. I get to build my resume with lots of knowledge, further my experience, and work with top-notch professionals.
Pros
I enjoy that my manager is NEVER to busy for me, always helpful with any of my requests.
Cons
I don't have ANY
Co-workers are wiling to help you when you need assistance.
Housing Inspections Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 23, 2017
A typical day for the Inspections Coordinator you must be ready to begin your day with incoming calls from the landlords or tenants, from scheduling or confirming their inspections.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI Group. Our community is ready to answer.