CGI Group Employee Reviews

Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2017
CGI does not follow its own core value. Management is unwilling to train members and expects them to already now the job and duties when hired. GHP/NGHP projects are contracted with CMS and are not secure. Members moral is very low and all management does is buy cookies and hand out pins. If you dont fit into a click then you are treated as an outcast. Not a friendly environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Low Moral
Not long term
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 19, 2017
It was good employment. Get to met new people. Interesting industry and I learned a lot. It was basically mail processing center, and very customer oriented.
Pros
Learn new industry, meet new people, busy makes the day go fast.
Cons
Micro managed, no mistakes, not a long term career goal
Global Company
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  CardiffJuly 18, 2017
Good place to work at with flexible hours and good management. Opportunities are few unless you are willing to transfer to other geographic locations. Management is fair and allows autonomy to complete assignments. The culture is diverse but clannish.
A day
Member of Leadership Committee (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 18, 2017
CGi was a great place to work people were friendly and cared about there employees. Treated everyone like they cared and catered to everyone of us on a daily basis
Pros
The atmoshere
Cgi
Lead- Technical Writer/Documentation Editor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 13, 2017
New to the DoD industry and still has struggles with competing against the larger more vetted corporations. They have a great job culture for their employees.
Great Job Work and Life Balance
Local Contract Specialist-Certified MOR Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJuly 12, 2017
As a remote consultant this place is great. My Manager can count on me to send my reports in a timely and professional manner and provide needed training. I enjoy the work culture and the opportunity to meet different people. Great team work between LCS.
Flexible work environment
Lead Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2017
Though my time at CGI was short (3 years) I was impressed by the amount of independence management gave to employees. The key requirement was ensuring the client was satisfied. The unfortunate part is if CGI loses the client the bandwidth of other clients to assign you to is limited. I enjoyed my time with the company.
Pros
flexible work environment
Cons
limited client base
good
HealthCare SOA Architect / Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 9, 2017
Agile process. Team work and understanding new concepts. Cloud technologies. Workplace is very professional and gives comfort to developers to work in easy and past phased environment.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 8, 2017
Worked at CGI for 6 months. The management team gave no guidance and showed favoritism to other employees. HR provided absolutely no support and not so much as a pen was brought to the exit interview. I would never consider working at CGI again.
easy, be on time, low stress, pace-filled job
Assistant Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2017
US Passport agency team lead in downtown Houston, TX responsible for floor production and delivery of passports locally and throughout the US. Managed floor staff of 12 including onboarding and continuous training.
Pros
stress free
Cons
boring

Want to know more about CGI Group?

Ask a question
Worst company ever!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 30, 2017
Huge turnover rate, horses could run the place better than any of the management they currently have. No opportunity for promotions or raises. Horrible pay for being a government job. Stay away!!
Pros
Off major holidays
Cons
Management, pay, lots of workplace politics, the whole company overall
Laughable...
Critical Incident Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 29, 2017
Ohhh.....really awful is all I can muster..Too many jokes and stories to be told. I would have fired any desktop support staff that behaved in this manner.
Good Place to Work
SR.PYTHON Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 27, 2017
Work life balance is good.
Insurance is not good.
Salary is okay.
Unlimited sick off.
Option is work remotely.
But you must be careful as insurance is not good .
You will end up paying $4K per family or $2K for individual as Deductible .
Disfunctional company with a high employee turnover rate
Engineering tech (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 26, 2017
Good place to get a start. However not a good place to stay. Owner is a big jock. He likes to drive fancy cars and have nice things. Then fight you over whether you get paid your mileage or not. Good people work here but there is high turnover.
Successful Consulting Firm with varied assignments
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 23, 2017
I have been fortunate to be placed on varied and challenging assignments with first-rate colleagues. CGI acquired Collaborative Consulting in November 2016.
Considerably Productive
Queue Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2017
Collaboration discussion meetings took place in the mornings with the Director and all other leads. Constantly engaged in all facets of the position.
Pros
Constantly engaged in all facets of the position.
Cons
Not enough time.
Summary
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 18, 2017
I've worked at CGI for approximately 4 years and provides CGI provides a good work/home life balance. I've worked in several roles within the company and been promoted several times.
Great group of people
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage AlaskaJune 14, 2017
What made this company stand out was the people i worked with everyday! Despite the frequent travel and harsh climate in Alaska, They made this assignment easier to deal with. They will be forever in my memory.
Pros
Free accomaditation, transportation, remote work allowed.
Cons
Harsh Weather, Frequent traveling.
Great company to start a career
Cyber Security Analyst/Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 12, 2017
My time at CGI Federal was a six-month internship. So paid leave and benefits were not luxuries that I was privy too. However, during my time there as a Analyst/Engineer intern, the synergy and dynamic of the team and work helped set the foundation for my expectations within a corporate environment.

My Director was never afraid to sit down in the cubicles with us and help us with the work when things were busy or not. He was very understanding and clearly laid out the expectations and future goals that he wanted both the company and Engineering team to achieve.
Good Company to work for
Sr. Lead EDI Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 11, 2017
My overall Experience was good. Good skilled team mates to work with. Pay was excellent! Like a lot of companies some silo's in management, but not the kind that kills a project. I would work for them again for sure!
Pros
Great Pay.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval