CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews

Good place to learn
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Work all hours, holidays, weekends
Some managers are great, some are all about money and will use you to get what they need. Good stock options. Healthcare coverage is a disaster.
A professional, hard working and also a fun having enviorment
Desktop Support/Help Desk Intern (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 21, 2015
A typical day at CGI consist of me coming in checking my emails and following up with clients. Once my follow ups are done I check in with my team to see if there are any important updates or something I need to be aware of. After those two task are complete I get to work and if it's a slow day for me I'll see if a member of my team needs assistance. If not I'll study my A+ certification material. Everything I know about IT I learned Year Up and those skills were used and escalated at CGI Federal. I came in as a young determined intern who really didn't know as much as I should about IT but, was still interested in it. CGI Federal provided me the hands-on experience and the exposure I needed. When I arrived at CGI Federal the team welcomed me with open arms and made me feel wanted. They not only helped me obtain the information I needed they helped me understand it as well. The team also assisted me and still managed to make time and complete their own tasks and duties. The hardest part of my job was when I first came in and had clients with issues that I couldn't resolve on my own. It was a difficult experience for me because I felt like I was making a member on my team do the workload of two. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with everyone I came across and also the clients faces and sometimes their reaction when their problems where resolved.
Great Company
Contractor (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 17, 2015
They are a great company to work for and treat their employees right. They also have a very streamlined and efficient way of doing business and solving problems. They hire very professional employees.
Contract Specialist
Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 7, 2015
• Review and process New York State Housing and Urban Development contracts with a portfolio of 41 properties
• Resolve property manager questions and concerns
• Assure that properties receive funds in accordance to their contracts
great work atmosphere, great management
Merchandising (Former Employee), PlanoMay 7, 2015
• Engaged and interacted with customers to create a positive shopping experience
• Cleaned shelves on a regular basis
• Monitored expiration dates per Standard Practice
• Removed any damaged, soiled, crushed, out-of-date, or product not fit for sale from shelves
• Ensured only saleable merchandise is on shelves
• Found more efficient ways to do the job and seeks to reduce costs and improve labor productivity
• Adhered to all company guidelines, policies and standard practices
• Performed other duties as assigned
Very busy consent work to be done
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2015
Pros: 6 am - 2:30 pm every other weekend
Have 21 resident rooms plus common areas and rest rooms to clean daily. Seemed daunting at first but quickly became routine.
Excellent place to work with great opportunity to advanace within the company
Supply Manager (Former Employee), KuwaitMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great health benefits
Cons: In my opinion I seen no cons
I really enjoyed the atmosphere an the cohesiveness with the people to share their knowledge of the job. When I first started I was regular employee I was afforded the opportunity to advance within the company into a leadership position.
Company Overview
Senior Software Engineer at CGI (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 2, 2015
Company with strong hold in Health Care & Banking Industry. Hard workers are always recognized and given more importance
OK place
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 29, 2015
Delivery side, but would assist in sales and sales management. Sold off the practice for which I worked, multi-shore results were mixed
A day at CGI
Receptionist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 24, 2015
Pros: My co-workers
Cons: None
This was my favorite job because it was highly professional and I was always busy, learning new things and handling a lot of huge task to make me a better person.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: People value your work
Cons: Short Breaks
Busy day 8-4
Great managing opportunities.
Good Coworkers. Teamwork.
Birthday Celebrations.
Great training opportunities to cross train into something else.
Excellent Co-workers
Applications Developer and Support (Former Employee), San Diego CAApril 12, 2015
Pros: Monthly Company status Meetings withLunch
Cons: Too many meetings/managers and status reporting
Arrive at Office, Review any new work (or help request) tickets and emails.
Follow-up on any unfinished tickets from the day before.
Team/manager "Paritus" Meetings for the various departments.
Occasional customer onsite meetings with the City downtown.
I had multiple managers and multiple Clients that they supported.
I found that there was often conflicting and confusing requirements.
Hardest part of the job was satisfying everyone in a timely fashion.
Required status reporting on multiple levels made it hard to be productive.
Great Company
Supervisor Juan Aquino (Former Employee), KuwaitApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great working Team
Cons: Short Contracts
CGI was a great Company to Work for. The Company has great benefits and retirement package. Just as any contract organization it's a hustle.
Great place to start your career
Business Consultant (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAMarch 30, 2015
A great company to start an IT consulting/analyst career. A big company with a small company feel! I was able to learn about the various aspects of the SDLC through on the job learning and mentorship.
Terrible Place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), VirginiaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: healthcare, working hours, salary increases
Terrible work/life balance. It is a Canadian company and you work with people all over the world and are expected to adjust your schedule to their schedules. Management has no idea how to communicate with employees within the individual BU's. Health benefits are the worst I have ever had. Cannot negotiate vacation time even if you have been in the work force for years. Inadequate training and on boarding...you learn it on your own time. It is hard to move within the company unless you are asked to leave a specific BU. Terrible pay increases and bonuses. The only good thing about this company is that you can work from home part time which helps a little with the work/life balance.
Helpful and fun Job
Wood Stain Demonstrator, (Former Employee), TexasMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good pay, pace, helpful co-workers, fun
Cons: slow paycheck, contract ended
A typical day at work involved me setting up a Varathane display table at Home Depot in the paint section and wood stain isle, where I could show customers how the product worked and the difference between Varathane and the lead brand. When someone would walk by I would approach them, ask how they were and ask to show them the demonstration and when I saw someone looking at wood stain I would ask if they needed help and they usually did. I would listen to long descriptions of what they were looking for and almost always matched their needs. I learned very quickly that it was okay to ask questions and accept help. Most importantly learned that you can learn from every encounter. When I wasn't able to meet a customers needs because I didn't know the answer o their question, I always took the chance to find out as soon as I could. Dave Mason is the one who employed me and who I called when I had a question about the product I couldn't find myself. He gave me and a few other employees about 2 hours of training and his number for any questions. He was helpful and positive when I called and I was encouraged to make friends with the Home Depot employees. When I went from store to store, I heard some bad things about others with my job from the Home Depot employees but I never saw anyone with the same job after my first day of training so there is no way for me to know how much is true or any reason for me to focus on it. Technically I had no co-workers from AMS, but I treated the Home Depot employees as co-workers and they did the same for me. We would often ask each other questions, borrow supplies from each other, and give each other work related advice when asked. The hardest part of the job was quickly setting up the table in the mornings because I am very cautious and speed is not my strong suit. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and home depot employees.
Not a good environment for professional growth
Sr. Proposal Manager (Current Employee), Fair Lakes, Fairfax, VAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Good Salary
Cons: If you're not a Director, you're treated like nothing
When working proposals, typical days can be 14 hours. In between proposals, members wait for assignments. Proposal team is given the responsibility of winning, but no authority to affect changes to increase that likelihood. There is little support from management.
Productive workplace
Technology Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Social interactions
Cons: No promotions
As a dedicated systems administrator, I provide production efficiency and system readiness for over 400 internal customers to achieve customer satisfaction on a daily basis.

My co-workers and managers make it a great environment to work. The hardest part of my job is making sure that every computer is running efficiently, but the most enjoyable part is working with the
customers who use the computers on a daily basis.
High Demand, Constantly Evolving Environment.
Backup Administrator (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMarch 16, 2015
CGI is a wonderful company and I'm proud to say I'm their employee. CGI has some of the best (direct) Management I've ever worked with!

It doesn't matter if you're working Projects or Steady State support, each day you're kept busy. There is always something to learn and something you can do to directly impact the Company.

Knowing Management always has your back and knowing the work you do makes a difference keeps me going every day.
A review of the production side of this business.
Sub-Contractor: Quality Control (Former Employee), Mansfield, MAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: A good entry level job for college students which can give them work experience to find better jobs down the road. A nice gig for retirees who need some extra cash. The job is very easy and and low stress. There were some nice, hard working employees I met there. I was treated with respect by my team leader and treated as if I was a permanent employee even though I wasn't one. For people who like doing little work, they will get 40 hours a week whether there is any work or not. Some people can really milk it there if they want to. If you have a college degree, perhaps you could move to other locations to work better positions.

Cons: The building I worked at isn't like most CGI buildings which have salaried employees/consultants in a IT environment. This was the production side of the business with hourly employees which consisted of printing, QCing documents, and inserting them into envelopes by hand or machines to mail to the clients. Wages are low and everyone has to temp there between one to two years before they can get hired on permanently to receive benefits. The company offers as little over-time as possible and often makes a big deal about it. Temps aren't allowed to work over-time because the temp agencies charge them too much money. Because it's production, work load is very inconsistent and more often than not, they had much more slower days than busier ones. Not having a consistent work load was very frustrating and mind numbingly boring. Aside from a few team lead positions, there's little chances for advancement in that building.

Advice to Managment: You've – more... got to find a way to have enough of a work load for everyone. Some people have a lot of work in their trained areas while others have almost nothing to do which makes the workload very unbalanced. Consider hiring employees permanently a little quicker to retain good employees. The economy is getting better and not many people will be willing to temp for 2 years with no benefits. I sure wasn't going to do that. Give your hourly workers more of a chance to work at other locations in more desirable positions. Value your talented workers more. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About CGI Group

About CGI Group CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading – Read more

CGI Group Salaries