CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews

Great work life balance
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Lakewood, COJuly 1, 2015
Great work life balance, pay and benefits on the low end. Advancement limited to those willing to relocate. Pay not up to industry minimums.
Had the opportunity to work with great talent
Senior Consultant/Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Anchorage, AlaskaJune 28, 2015
The teams that I have worked with at CGI have been nothing short of A-list talent. They have provided me with an education in project management that can not be obtained in a classroom setting.
Good place to work, great environment
Tester (Former Employee), Troy, ALJune 27, 2015
The city of Troy is small but continually growing. CGI is a good place to work and a great addition to the city. You may be working on projects from different states and even countries. Very diverse group of people. There is a lot of opportunity for career development within the company.
Cutting edge technology company, very "tech" oriented.
Customer ServiceTeam Lead (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 26, 2015
Pros: Strong organizational strength, excellent company matched stock options and performance bonus.
Cons: Limited growth opporutnity due to primary jobs being technical.
The company strives to create an enviorment where everyone is a "member" not an employee.

They promote ownership in the success of the company by tying it directly to how it benefits the overall satisfaction of each member both in emotional well being and financial well being.

However, the emphasis is placed highly on the technical carreers and anyone in a supporting role that is not technology oriented tends to feel left by the wayside as the opportunity for growth is limited.

The compensation is above average in pay but lagging behind in medical benefits with the typical high deductible plans offered with limits in coverage that are reached too quickly.

The door is open to promote yourself as a resource especially if you're willing to travel.

There is a strong emphasis on open communication and transparency in the leadership. I truly believe they are concerned about the satisfaction of the members but the bottom line is what really determines that.
Interesting People to work with
System Engineer (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAJune 19, 2015
There is a lack of professional management. But you can tell they are trying to make an effort. Work on a government contract with company.
Team Leader
Team Leader (Current Employee), Troy, ALJune 19, 2015
Provide assistance to supervisor, work with agents to ensure tasks are completed. Collect on past due accounts. The company provides full benefits along with 401K
Bad management
Clerical (Former Employee), Western Passport Center Tucson,azJune 11, 2015
Pros: At least it's a job!
Cons: Minimal time off, no raises, bad management
The absolute worst Management I have ever worked with! FAVORITISM abounds and no room for advancement and never a raise in 4 years. Co-workers are great, but all feel like indentured servants. Very bad moral.
Software Consultant (Current Employee), Lebanon, VAJune 8, 2015
Pros: remote work
Great company to work for. They offer lots of flexibility with hours and remote work. Good benefits and pay.

Over the past 8 years I have learned a lot with CGI Federal. I've acquired skills in software design, use case analysis, and received my CSTE certification.
Heavy Accounting and Administrative functions
Employee Voucher Processor (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 5, 2015
I am an accomplished executive administrative, Accounting professional who is fully committed to providing responsive and effective services. Attached you will find my resume, which further outlines my background. In addition to over 25 years of administrative experience as well as 15+ years of accounting experience, I offer:

• Secret Security Clearance.
• Familiarity with software, including Deltek Costpoint & GCS Premier, Sharepoint, QuickBooks Pro, Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and Access.
• Experience with most accounting procedures, including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables, billing, account reconciliation, payroll, and tax preparations.
• Executive Administration experience, specializing in conference booking, calendar management, customer relations, travel reimbursement, human resources, secretarial duties, and scheduling.
• Extensive familiarity with travel and expense reports, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Federal Travel Regulations, and GSA guidelines.
• Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to perform self-directed daily tasks, multi-task, make efficient decisions, and excel in high pressure environments.
Senior Programmer (Current Employee), Albany, GeorgiaMay 28, 2015
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: some management issues
Great company but lousy insurance. Experiencing some growth and management issues and once worked out will be fantastic place to work.
Good place to learn
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Work all hours, holidays, weekends
Some managers are great, some are all about money and will use you to get what they need. Good stock options. Healthcare coverage is a disaster.
A professional, hard working and also a fun having enviorment
Desktop Support/Help Desk Intern (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 21, 2015
A typical day at CGI consist of me coming in checking my emails and following up with clients. Once my follow ups are done I check in with my team to see if there are any important updates or something I need to be aware of. After those two task are complete I get to work and if it's a slow day for me I'll see if a member of my team needs assistance. If not I'll study my A+ certification material. Everything I know about IT I learned Year Up and those skills were used and escalated at CGI Federal. I came in as a young determined intern who really didn't know as much as I should about IT but, was still interested in it. CGI Federal provided me the hands-on experience and the exposure I needed. When I arrived at CGI Federal the team welcomed me with open arms and made me feel wanted. They not only helped me obtain the information I needed they helped me understand it as well. The team also assisted me and still managed to make time and complete their own tasks and duties. The hardest part of my job was when I first came in and had clients with issues that I couldn't resolve on my own. It was a difficult experience for me because I felt like I was making a member on my team do the workload of two. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with everyone I came across and also the clients faces and sometimes their reaction when their problems where resolved.
Contractor (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 17, 2015
They are a great company to work for and treat their employees right. They also have a very streamlined and efficient way of doing business and solving problems. They hire very professional employees.
Contract Specialist
Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 7, 2015
• Review and process New York State Housing and Urban Development contracts with a portfolio of 41 properties
• Resolve property manager questions and concerns
• Assure that properties receive funds in accordance to their contracts
great work atmosphere, great management
Merchandising (Former Employee), PlanoMay 7, 2015
• Engaged and interacted with customers to create a positive shopping experience
• Cleaned shelves on a regular basis
• Monitored expiration dates per Standard Practice
• Removed any damaged, soiled, crushed, out-of-date, or product not fit for sale from shelves
• Ensured only saleable merchandise is on shelves
• Found more efficient ways to do the job and seeks to reduce costs and improve labor productivity
• Adhered to all company guidelines, policies and standard practices
• Performed other duties as assigned
Very busy consent work to be done
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 4, 2015
Pros: 6 am - 2:30 pm every other weekend
Have 21 resident rooms plus common areas and rest rooms to clean daily. Seemed daunting at first but quickly became routine.
Excellent place to work with great opportunity to advanace within the company
Supply Manager (Former Employee), KuwaitMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great health benefits
Cons: In my opinion I seen no cons
I really enjoyed the atmosphere an the cohesiveness with the people to share their knowledge of the job. When I first started I was regular employee I was afforded the opportunity to advance within the company into a leadership position.
Company Overview
Senior Software Engineer at CGI (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 2, 2015
Company with strong hold in Health Care & Banking Industry. Hard workers are always recognized and given more importance
OK place
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 29, 2015
Delivery side, but would assist in sales and sales management. Sold off the practice for which I worked, multi-shore results were mixed
A day at CGI
Receptionist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 24, 2015
Pros: My co-workers
Cons: None
This was my favorite job because it was highly professional and I was always busy, learning new things and handling a lot of huge task to make me a better person.

1 2 3 4 5

About CGI Group

About CGI Group CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading – Read more

CGI Group Salaries