CGI Group

CGI Group Employer Reviews

No Leadership
Network Engineer I (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 21, 2014
Cons: lack of leadership from sr engineers, management. environment is terrible. constatnly over worked and burned out.
worked on Fotinet Firewalls, Cisco ASA, Juniper, F5. Adding and removing firewalls, configuring devices such as routers, switches, VPN tunnels.
A very fast pace and time sensitive day
Administrative Assistant/Consultant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 19, 2014
Pros: steady pace day and filled with accomplishments
My day start with me outlining my "to do" by perusing all of my scheduled meetings for the day. In addition, I ensure all of my time sensitive meeting minutes and documentations are current and in line with CGI's delivery standard. In addition, a daily meeting with the communication team to ensure all meetings, documentation and support from the team – more... are complete. My manger does a regular inspection of each team member along with individually to ensure our work load is sufficient and that all of our assigned tasks are being handled in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of my job is feeling a true sense of support and delivering the best product to all parties. – less
Employees are easy to get along with and very helpful.
Field technician (Current Employee), Weslaco, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: being out on your.
Cons: the way they pay isnt as advertised and they expect you to just know everything right away.
I enjoy the job for the most part but when i interviewed for the job i was told i would get paid in 2 to 3 weeks and didn't end up getting my first pay check until almost 2 months later. They failed to mention training you dont get paid for and the 3 week period it takes to get paid doesnt start until you are on your own and its actually 4 weeks something – more... else they failed to mention. – less
Productive work environment. Great for aquiring tools to further career.
System Administrator (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDDecember 17, 2014
Great work environment. Project managers are very easy to work with. Dedicated to maintaining a good relationship with employees.
Great Company, but management varies from BU to BU
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 9, 2014
I am fortunate to work with a tremendous group of health care professionals who are passionate about the work. While the management styles varies from department to department, there can be some disconnect in communications which can be challenging to navigate.
Enjoyable atmosphere
Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYDecember 9, 2014
Pros: able to leave for lunch.
Cons: contract ended.
A typical day is routine, very unusual to have a change in regular tasks. Learned management skills, trained individuals and organization. Manager gave instruction every step of the way during my training. Coworkers were helpful and knowledgeable. Sometimes our vehicles would go down, making it very hard to complete our work. Most enjoyable part of – more... the job was when our customer got there shipments on time. – less
Good place to work and flexible schedule
Passport Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2014
Our goal is to get the products to customers in a timely manner. I get along well with my coworkers. Hardest part of the job is to deal with a difficult customer. The thing I enjoy the most is providing the best customer service.
i cleaned 2 bankers
cleaner (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDDecember 7, 2014
Pros: had weekends off
Cons: management
I love the bankers and they were fun to chat with, I worked from 5:20pm-7.30pm. I will not being go back there. Unless management and a couple of my coworkers are gone.
Very flexible remote job with good benefits
Physical therapy auditor, Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 5, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: unstable, poor training, disorganized
This job allowed me to work from home and perform my work. It was very flexible with my home life. I learned a lot at this job about editing and Medicare. The company was a little disorganized, training was poor, and it turned out to not be a stable job with government changes.
Abandon All Hope Ye Who Apply Here
Clerk (Former Employee), Portsmouth NHDecember 3, 2014
I responded to one of CGI Group's ads, and was pleasantly surprised by the prompt phone interview and was 'conditionally hired'. It was all downhill from there, as you had to jump through hoops and wasted hours to apply for the government job. After two months with no reply, I presumed that they had simply not picked me; but three months later, I was – more... informed the truth was they had not gotten the government contract. Given the runaround and lack of a job, I would advise anyone not to waste your time with them unless you are desperate, or enjoy tediously filling out forms. – less
Review Summary
Project Manager (Current Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2014
Good place to work. Work life balance and benefits. Lack of training results in a ton of good people leaving.
Varied tasks within the job kept it interesting.
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: the people i had the privilege to meet and the learning experience.
Cons: loss of employment when we didn't receive contract renewal.
A typical day at work would start by checking for work orders and pulling, allocating and issuing the material to the customers. Receive any new material and locate in the warehouse using RFID. Assist with loading or unloading trucks as needed. Perform any tasks the Manager might need through out the day. Clean up the facility. Ongoing inventory and – more... reconcile of discrepancies.
I became much more computer literate as everything is put in the system either by keyboard or RFID. Also learned how to operate sit down counter balance and stand up electric lifts.
I felt our management was very good. I believe the logistics people I worked with were positive professionals with a can do attitude.
Enjoyed my co-workers for the most part. Very diverse group similar to being in the military. Most were eager to help me be successful as they were also receptive to my ideas.
Hardest part of the job was the occasional bad attitude from a co-worker and dealing with the fall out.
In that same breathe the most enjoyable part of the job was the people, the personnel beside you and those you provided services to. – less
Engineering/Rodman (Current Employee), Wharton, WVNovember 13, 2014
A typical day at work the first thing is be safe and always communicate with one another.What you learn is how much you put into your job which I'm always willing to learn as much as possible you can never learn to much.Management takes a big part and where I work management is great.My co-workers are excellent also.The Hardest part of my job is probably – more... just dealing with typical coal mining which meaning just being underground.The most I enjoy about my job is getting to work at two different mines surveying and working outside from time to time.Thats about it I hope to be hearing from whoever this concerns Thanks. – less
productive and fun environment
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Bedford, TXNovember 13, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: short breaks
I learned something new everyday and had alot of people who wanted to help me learn when i first started.
The CGI Federal CAP program control group in particular has a very high turn over
Sr Program Control Analyst (Former Employee), Fairfax, VANovember 12, 2014
Pros: pays well and the company in general seem to have people centered programs
Cons: health care is expensive here
Other business units and departments may very well function better or least have an environment that is not as hostile as the program control department for CAP. The processes in place are ineffective, broken and time wasting. There has been an attempt to separate duties to be compliant with SOX etc but the end result was a creation of a shared services – more... department namely billing and project setup that basically provide data entry services which could otherwise be done quicker if program control quicker. A myriad of forms plague the process with delays and errors. Responsibility of these separated duties still lies with program analysts. The billing group doesn't submit invoices they create, they dont follow up on aged receivables, they do not reconcile unbilled, heck they dont even "calculate" the invoice till the program control person tells them hours and amounts to bill. I could go on.. The worst part is the leader will micromanage and look down upon you until you believe you are worthless. Turn over is high! You have been warned! – less
laid back, not many opportunities for advancement
Consultant (Former Employee), FairfaxOctober 23, 2014
- the best work life balance you'll find
- work from home every other day

- work is very boring
- no opportunities for advancement
- lower pay than average
Relaxed environment, pays accordingly
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 21, 2014
Thsoe with responsibilities are drowning in work, while those that do not have anything other than typical help desk duties get by doing minimal work. All get the same great, low pay. Ouch.
Good working environment
MOVING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), indianapolis,inOctober 20, 2014
Pros: the teamwork
Cons: not a career job no insurance
A typical day with CGI we go to a customer old home or office and move furniture to the new place
Great energetic new company, offers tickets to all major sporting!!
Project Control Specialist (Former Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great company with good benefits
Cons: you many work offsite and not see them often
The owners are great ( 4 young guys)
They are involved in mulitiple charities
They invest in their employees
A great company to work for
Productive, challenging, and a supportive work environment
Training Development-Training Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKOctober 15, 2014
I worked with excellent co-workers and superviosrs on a variety of tasks and training projects. I felt that I was able to apply my skills, knowledge, and experiences to the work as a Training Instructor.

1 2 3 4 5

About CGI Group

About CGI Group CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading – Read more