CGI Group

CGI Group Employer Reviews

Varied tasks within the job kept it interesting.
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: the people i had the privilege to meet and the learning experience.
Cons: loss of employment when we didn't receive contract renewal.
A typical day at work would start by checking for work orders and pulling, allocating and issuing the material to the customers. Receive any new material and locate in the warehouse using RFID. Assist with loading or unloading trucks as needed. Perform any tasks the Manager might need through out the day. Clean up the facility. Ongoing inventory and – more... reconcile of discrepancies.
I became much more computer literate as everything is put in the system either by keyboard or RFID. Also learned how to operate sit down counter balance and stand up electric lifts.
I felt our management was very good. I believe the logistics people I worked with were positive professionals with a can do attitude.
Enjoyed my co-workers for the most part. Very diverse group similar to being in the military. Most were eager to help me be successful as they were also receptive to my ideas.
Hardest part of the job was the occasional bad attitude from a co-worker and dealing with the fall out.
In that same breathe the most enjoyable part of the job was the people, the personnel beside you and those you provided services to. – less
Engineering/Rodman (Current Employee), Wharton, WVNovember 13, 2014
A typical day at work the first thing is be safe and always communicate with one another.What you learn is how much you put into your job which I'm always willing to learn as much as possible you can never learn to much.Management takes a big part and where I work management is great.My co-workers are excellent also.The Hardest part of my job is probably – more... just dealing with typical coal mining which meaning just being underground.The most I enjoy about my job is getting to work at two different mines surveying and working outside from time to time.Thats about it I hope to be hearing from whoever this concerns Thanks. – less
productive and fun environment
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Bedford, TXNovember 13, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: short breaks
I learned something new everyday and had alot of people who wanted to help me learn when i first started.
The CGI Federal CAP program control group in particular has a very high turn over
Sr Program Control Analyst (Former Employee), Fairfax, VANovember 12, 2014
Pros: pays well and the company in general seem to have people centered programs
Cons: health care is expensive here
Other business units and departments may very well function better or least have an environment that is not as hostile as the program control department for CAP. The processes in place are ineffective, broken and time wasting. There has been an attempt to separate duties to be compliant with SOX etc but the end result was a creation of a shared services – more... department namely billing and project setup that basically provide data entry services which could otherwise be done quicker if program control quicker. A myriad of forms plague the process with delays and errors. Responsibility of these separated duties still lies with program analysts. The billing group doesn't submit invoices they create, they dont follow up on aged receivables, they do not reconcile unbilled, heck they dont even "calculate" the invoice till the program control person tells them hours and amounts to bill. I could go on.. The worst part is the leader will micromanage and look down upon you until you believe you are worthless. Turn over is high! You have been warned! – less
laid back, not many opportunities for advancement
Consultant (Former Employee), FairfaxOctober 23, 2014
- the best work life balance you'll find
- work from home every other day

- work is very boring
- no opportunities for advancement
- lower pay than average
Relaxed environment, pays accordingly
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 21, 2014
Thsoe with responsibilities are drowning in work, while those that do not have anything other than typical help desk duties get by doing minimal work. All get the same great, low pay. Ouch.
Good working environment
MOVING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), indianapolis,inOctober 20, 2014
Pros: the teamwork
Cons: not a career job no insurance
A typical day with CGI we go to a customer old home or office and move furniture to the new place
Great energetic new company, offers tickets to all major sporting!!
Project Control Specialist (Former Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great company with good benefits
Cons: you many work offsite and not see them often
The owners are great ( 4 young guys)
They are involved in mulitiple charities
They invest in their employees
A great company to work for
Productive, challenging, and a supportive work environment
Training Development-Training Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Sill, OKOctober 15, 2014
I worked with excellent co-workers and superviosrs on a variety of tasks and training projects. I felt that I was able to apply my skills, knowledge, and experiences to the work as a Training Instructor.
Career-focused and training opportunities
Manager (Current Employee), Northern VirginiaOctober 6, 2014
It is a good place to develop your skills in IT. I had plenty of options to train and learn from SME. If you are interested in promotions, it is a good place to step into a Team Leadership Role.
Large company
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Newport NewsOctober 1, 2014
Pros: wins big contracts
Cons: vacation time could be better, no company shirts given out
Big company with many opportunities
401k plan is very good
Learn something new every day
New technologies for learning
Hard to know which priorities are highest
Great to work with such a talented group of professionals
Great Company
Grounds Crew (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 1, 2014
CGI is the best job I ever had.
The management was wonderful.
The employees were great.
The job was very simple and fun.
good
Technician/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Durham, NCSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free
Cons: short
good.................................................................................................
Consulting Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 29, 2014
This company allows you to excel and grow into different roles.
Long hours and no clear direction form leadership
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Belton, TXSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: you can work any 100+ hours of the week you want.
Talented people are leaned on tremendously. 100+ hour work weeks are to be expected. Completely hand cuffed with few or no tools to complete job.
Decent organization
Asset Logistics Data Analyst (Former Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 28, 2014
Organization has gotten too large to fast
Offshoring becoming more common
Management can be indifferent
Decent company
CyberSecurity Analyst (Current Employee), Alexandria, VASeptember 25, 2014
The company is decent. Good hours but not really willing to reward hard work.
Good work life balance
Junior Business analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 17, 2014
Company doesn't pay very well however is very leniant. cant work from home hald the days. Nice coworkers.
I enjoyed working for Kelly Services.
Office Management Specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 16, 2014
I maintained several positions while working at Kelly Services. the management staff was very helpful and on top of things. I was a contractor at the time.
Senior Consultant - Regional Manager
Senior Consultant - Regional Manager (Current Employee), Fort Jackson, SCSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: employee in-processing procedures
Ensure all policies to include Travel, Timesheets, Dress Code, Attendance and Leave are followed. Ensures all government deliverables are submitted on time. Overseas all Exception tickets down to a manageable level. Manages all Life Cycle Replacements and Initial issue of all LIS systems in a timely manner. Provide Sustainment Automation Support Management – more... for the Army Reserve Soldiers in nine Southeastern States including Puerto Rico. Within six months lowered customer notification from 7.5 hours down to 1.5 hours. Improved call ticket resolution to close from six to seven days down to three to four days. Increased overall customer satisfaction from 90% to 94%. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About CGI Group

CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services – Read more