CGI Group

CGI Group Employer Reviews

Training Brain Operation Center
Professional Consultant (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: pps and i was able to telecommute somedays
Cons: sitting behind a desk all day
Typical work day started by checking all equipment I was responsible for, checking the days calendar and all emails, VM and trouble tickets.

Worked along side Operations and IT directors to ensure communications were up and running properly

The hardest part of my day is sitting behind a desk

The most enjoyable part of the job is when it was caotic
Senior Software Consultant (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 3, 2014
Just not a clear enough information about the opportunities available
Working together and Ownership
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 2, 2014
While most companies have a vision and mission, CGI goes a step beyond. We have a company dream:

To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of.

This dream emphasizes the enjoyment and ownership principles that are essential to CGI's success. In fact, we strive to create – more... an environment where our professionals enjoy working together and feel empowered and engaged as owners to build their company and grow their careers. This dream as well as our values are what set us apart—they make up our DNA and define our unique company culture. – less
Positive work environment which afforded flexibility in work schedule, ability to work from home, educational opportunities and great benefits.
Consultant/Nurse Auditor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 1, 2014
The position I held at CGI afforded flexibility in work schedule, ability to work from home, educational opportunities and great benefits. My favorite perk at CGI was getting to know all my co-workers, which were from different areas of the United States.
CGI review summary
Support Specialist L1 (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 1, 2014
Pros: good health care benefits, team members are good people
Cons: worked long hours, managment talks down on employees, no weekends off or holidays
Recieved calls from users help users with VPN, connection and wireless issues. along with escalating major issues to the shift leaders and setting up conference calls to find appriate way to help solve the issues. You work long hours with no weekends off that includes holidays.
Decent Pay but only lateral advacements
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 25, 2014
Pros: coworkers were friendly
Cons: no pay increases
You take calls for doctors office having trouble with Electronic Health Records. The job was really easy once you caught on but there was a 4 week training class. There were multiple system that you needed to know backwards and forwards but once you do it for about a month you will be able to do it in your sleep. All that being said, I was there almost – more... two year and I never so anyone advance to a higher paying position if you did switch jobs your pay would stay the same despite taking on twice as much work. – less
Good company to work for
Test Director (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJune 25, 2014
Good company to work for. Great management team supporting our Armed Forces services.
Diverse work environment
Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 23, 2014
Company has good benefits and depending on position allows the option to work from home for many IT positions. Most positions allow a great deal of flexibility.
Great Productive work place
Visa Analyst (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches sometimes
Cons: short breaks sometimes depend on the work load
Great Productive and fun workplace with a gym. Great co-worker who are Great to work with
Government contract work, fast paced, stressful, challenging work
Passport Support Associate (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 14, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunches, christmas parties, outings....etc
Cons: somewhat hostile environment, dealing with difficult people, low opportunity for professional growth and development
Fun fast paced environment, sometimes a lot of hostility and confusion among management and workers. Mostly Authoritarian style of management. Low opportunity for career advancement and professional development.
relax place to work
Buffalo Passport Agency/ Document Processor (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 11, 2014
A typical day starts with you in the breakroom eating your breakfast or whatever snack a co-worker might have brought in to share....then you proceed to the processing room to process image review or mail out. Management is very laid back for the most part and easy to approach. Co-workers are very friendly and try to look out for one another. The hardest – more... part of the job is finding free parking...the most enjoyable part is making people happy when they receive their passports in time for their trip. – less
enjoyable
Team Lead (Current Employee), Bedford, TXJune 9, 2014
Work day ususally starts at 5:30 in the morning, it was my quite time. My co-workers are a good bunch, we do have our conflicks but what job doesn't. I have worked with several of my co-workers before and that has been the enjoyable part of it all
good company to work for
Material Technician (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJune 5, 2014
good company to work for like working for then I wish I can go back to work for then
Great Workplace and Opportunities for Advance
Procurement Officer (Current Employee), Arlington VAJune 4, 2014
CGI, has been a great place to work that has provided many opportunities for growth and advancement. I look forward to continuing on my journey, implementing all that I have learned from my experiences.
Consulting
Consultant (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 4, 2014
Consulting is usually on site. Has a very smart consulting staff
great
Senior Logistics Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 3, 2014
Great place to work.
Nice staff
Good communitcation
Family friendly
Low Pay - Easy Work
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Frankfort, KYJune 2, 2014
Pros: great work-life balance
Cons: pay rate
Not bad, but pay isn't great. Between furloughs and no raises it makes it hard financially at times.
A good corprate culture
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 31, 2014
Pros: good benefits and company perks
Cons: advancement is slow
Depending on the project and location, the work environment can be different and is good with my project. A good PM of the project knows how to keep his staff in tune to the company and client.
Amazing place with fun and work everywhere
Associate Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHMay 28, 2014
Had an amazing time and also was a very big platform for me to learn corporate life
Great work Environment
Senior Training and Development Specialist - (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZMay 24, 2014
Pros: encourages innovation and growth
CGI is a very professional place to work. They thrive on team work, and promote tea effort and accomplishments.

1 2 3 4 5

About CGI Group

CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services – Read more

CGI Group Photos