CGI Group Employee Reviews

Beware of hiring bait and switch
Consultant (Current Employee) –  LouisianaMay 24, 2017
During the interview process, I was given a list of tasks that I would be responsible for. After being hired, it was a month before I received any tasks and then it was menial data entry for quality assurance (I was hired as a developer). After speaking with other employees, it seems that this is a common practice of the company.

Upper management expects results and work life balance is terrible as a result. Communication between business units is non-existent.

Benefits are ok, but the health plan is a high deductible plan and has ridiculously bad coverage.

Company only matches a certain amount of 401k contributions. Once the cap is reached, the contributions stop.
Pros
Leniency on remote work
Cons
Healthcare/benefits
Good Place to Start
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 23, 2017
This has been a good place to start after college. I have enjoyed the contract I have been on very much. The management is respectful and courteous I haven't had an issue with my direct supervisors. Compensation is a little low, but its what is expected of an entry level position.
No Growth
Consultant (Former Employee) –  NYMay 21, 2017
You stay there with no motivation. Very poor salary hike based on performance. Better, move out for good opportunities if you are career focused and for job satisfaction.
Diversified cultural environment
Consultant, Production Support (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 20, 2017
Excellent place to work in a diversified cultural environment, clean spacious work spaces and friendly atmosphere. Profit sharing opportunity provided
Prophet Intsructor
Prophet Systems Training Development (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMay 19, 2017
The company here in Sierra Vista is great for in processing and getting clearances and VARs but the team leadership for some projects leaves something to be desired.
Excellent
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 18, 2017
- Great work environment
- great compensation
- very professional
- lot of extra activities
- fun to work
also focus on staying up to date with technology
Favoritism at it's finest
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 17, 2017
A company that promises advancement but never does promote unless you are good friend's with the Managment team Healthcare sucks there vision is plus.
Pros
Stock Share
Cons
You must be booty buddy's with Management to get promoted
Pretty Good Company
AWRDS/LMP Analyst III (Kuwait/ Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  KuwaitMay 15, 2017
The company treat people good and fair. They take care of the employees pretty good. Not the greatest vacation accrual but depends on the contract. Overall I have been pleased with them.
Pros
Raises annually
Cons
Big on IT field
Not a good company to work for
Case Worker for Medicare (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 12, 2017
I wouldn't recommend anyone working for CGI Federal. It's extremely cut throat and your constantly told if you don't make your numbers the company will lose their contract. They mandatory 8hr overtime. They want their employees to be workaholics. They are constantly pushing numbers and if you fail QA you're placed on a verbal. They do not provide the proper training needed to perform the job duties. They're constantly changing how the job duties need to be completed. They take away your life outside of work.
Pros
Cons
To many to type
Challenging and Exicting Place to work
Director of Consulting Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2017
It was very challenging and excellent place to work. You come across so many highly talented people working here. Enjoyed working every moment there.
Good company to work for
Computer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, VAMay 11, 2017
Did software testing for multiple clients and managed to have a wide variety of experience with a variety of tools and systems used for completing assigned task.
Wonderful Location to Work
System Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85284May 4, 2017
Is a great location. t’s not just about finding the right job. You’re also looking for the right company. The location of the right company at the right time.
i loved ams
Evaluation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 2, 2017
i worked for ams and they were acquired by cgi. i loved my work and the team. very supportive. we were like family. great benefits and the company was very supportive of life balance.
A Global Staffing Company
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 30, 2017
Business model of the company is to supply professional to client to work on client sites
Individual with offices are not priority since people are rented off to client and work on client sites
Globally distributed workforce
Virtual office , work from home is essential part of the business model
Lots of offshore staff in an out of mainland , onshore turnover of professionals is high and in plug in plug out manner
Good Company to work for
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCApril 27, 2017
Enjoyed all the people I worked with. Great team work and attention to details. Payroll system was very archeage and required updating. Suggested transition to new systems.
Great !
Customer Care / Help Desk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 26, 2017
Productive workplace , always working as a team, great management. upper management always willing to help as much as they can. Managers and Supervisors appreciate all the work we do and would treat us with lunch on some occasions .
Pros
Appreciated
Cons
na
Great starting company
Information Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALApril 19, 2017
The company itself is very strong and is heavily involved in multiple industries. The salary could definitely be higher, and the benefits could be better, but I feel that the management team is very strong at the moment, and the office culture is extremely inviting.
The Good Ole Days.....
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 17, 2017
Working at CGI was Fulfilling, it was My Home Away from Home. I was Challenged, Trusted and Inspired. I worked with Good Ole Boys, True Experts across the company. I was responsible for an account that was Complex and had zero time to waste. I am Thankful for all the People, the Mentors who Guided Me Right, who made me Successful. What did I learn? I Discovered I could Love My Work Family at CGI as much as I Love My Own Family. I Discovered how Passionate I was about the Clients, the People and the Company. I Discovered Who I Am. I Discovered My Calling. (:
Pros
Working w/True Experts whom also know how to have a Good Time.
Cons
Long hours, But, who doesn't Love to Rock N Roll?
Collections
Customer Service/Collections (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXApril 17, 2017
This company has its ups and downs. At the beginning i was advised of extra added bonuses for excelling in collection activities. I reached the top 20 and had to request from management to review their bonus structure to be able to collect my bonus. I was given a $200. once and no explanation as to why it wasnt given to begin with.
Benefits
Engineering Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 13, 2017
CGI's benefits are the worse! Company will cover employees, but will charge the employee $100 dollars for each additional family member. Employee cost for coverage is extremely high compared to other companies.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Benefits, Work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI Group. Our community is ready to answer.