CGI Group Employee Reviews

fast pace and productive
Analyst 1 (Former Employee) –  KuwaitSeptember 21, 2017
Very adventurous and fast pace. work days long, with needed breaks. The hardest part of job was leaving .Most enjoyed the daily challenges. I learned various procedures which helped my advancement.
Pros
good pay
Cons
a very good place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  KYSeptember 20, 2017
I have worked or this place for a long time off and on. I only stopped working for them because I went to school to better myself. This company cares about its employees.
Pros
caring people
Cons
will work you a lot
Productive place to work at
Medicare Appeals Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at work consists of learning new job traits, posting payments, disputes and redetermination appeals on all Workers Compensation and No Fault submitted documentation. The management was very decent. The workplace culture was calm. The hardest part of the job at first was getting to know how the systems worked. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting our goal.
Pros
Team lunches
Cons
Not getting enough raises
I enjoed the work
Event Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALSeptember 19, 2017
I am people person and I like talk to people and when I help them out made me feel good .
the reason I enjoy my job every day because I do different thinks everyday . this does not make me get tried and board .
Productive and competetive work environment
senior consultant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 16, 2017
It was a very good company. WIth good management and good work culture, you get to work with the best trained minds. Every day was quite enjoyable and working on unexplored terrains will always bring out the best in you.;
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
Short Breaks
OK Place to work
Ex Employee (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 15, 2017
Disconnected from the overall management located elsewhere. Resources and corporate support is spread really thin and everyone is expected to produce/perform. The various departments borrow resources from each other to be able to deliver. Management needs to be more supportive of their functional divisions.
They suck
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 14, 2017
The suck, managers suck, the people suck, everyone is out to destroy everyone else. They overwork you and cheat you out of pay. I hate this company and everyone involved.
Culture Died and Pay is not livable
Software (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 13, 2017
The pay is not even average. A multi-billion dollar company can't even meet the local average in pay. The cost of many goods and services has increased but they don't care. Retail Workers can make more and people with only a High School diploma for lower skilled jobs. The benefits are ridiculous. The culture is dead. Management acts as if everything is great. You would think they would try to retain people they've had for years, but they don't seem to care about Retention and Turnover. Not sure what's the strategic plan to actually have a productive work environment. Happy employees are more productive and they will go the extra mile to contribute to the company. Don't think they care about morale, motivation, or productivity. Only how much work they can get for cheap I guess.
Pros
Sick Leave
Cons
Pay, Benefits, Management, and the Dead Culture
Calm and relaxed enviroment, individual work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Incoming chats and emails worked at a fast pace some days depending on provider enrollment deadlines. Learned to manage time better to coordinate breaks with other team members. Workplace was festive, always decorating for holidays and birthdays.
Pros
Working with good people, individual work was not difficult to keep up with.
Cons
Management not always on the same page. Changes were not communicated effectively.
Complete lack of inspiration
Functional Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 11, 2017
Management all seems to be miserable. They are all great managers but offer little inspiration to get through the dry, repetitive work. It has a comfortable work life balance most of the time and good benefits (except health).
remote
Senior Software Tester, (Veterans Affairs (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2017
Company is good. No honesty. No chance to grow. No training but they expect you to finish job.Which you have no Idea. They just dump on you last moment.
Lack of advancement opportunities
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 7, 2017
Work environment isn't terrible, but professional advancement is minimal and the benefits/pay are middling, at best.

Aside from the above, my experience is that CGI wasn't terrible. It's a good place to start your career, but I don't recommend staying long.
Low pay, overworked
Senior SQL Developer/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 7, 2017
I would work all day and then work again when I would get home. Sometimes into the early morning hours. It was very stressfull and there was no time for my family.
Pros
Allowed you to work some days at home
Cons
Low pay, expensive health insurance, very stressful, overworked
Decent company, effective management
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Typical contract employer. Benefits offered. Willing to work with you and client to find the best match. Enjoyed working for the company. Vacation days were an added bonus as well as profit sharing.
Square peg in round whole
Video Producer and Editor (Current Employee) –  Department of Justice 950 Penn. Ave.September 6, 2017
I am on a contract that CGI Federal currently holds.However I'm an Audiovisual production specialist on a mail contract. So opportunities for advancement are very limited based on the work that I do and the purpose of the contract.

Now everything that I have learned about CGI during my time here is that CGI is very forward thinking and employee centered. They have annual company events to let you know how thing went the past year and the plans and goals for the future.
please see below review summary
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 31, 2017
enter new hire employee's information in the system, set up employees tax form, direct deposit, reconcile employee's PTO and Sick hours, upload bonus, processing term employees, retro pay for salary increase
Great place to work, great people
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 30, 2017
I enjoy working for CGI. Direct managers make a big difference and I've had great managers here. The bridge process between assignments feels stressful to me, but for others it is easier. I only plan to leave if another assignment does not become available. It's quite competitive it seems, and it's important to network.
Pros
Great people to work with, knowledge sharing, training available
Cons
Timing of assignments is sometimes difficult to plan around, time away from family is a con if you are a traveler
No comment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 30, 2017
No comment at this point. The shared purchase plan helped me make ends meet. I had 8 bosses in one year. The company reaches out to members for talent referrals and the company will pay the referring members following the successful onboarding of new hire.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Manual processes
Advancement
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2017
At this point there is not advancement for me with this company. For the amount of money I make yearly is unfair for the amount of work I do as a team lead.
Great Company Mission Statement
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2017
This company is a great place if you like to figure out how to work around issues rather than work to solve their root cause. Great benefits, and stock options. Health insurance is not the best, but serves its purpose.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI Group. Our community is ready to answer.