CGI Group Employee Reviews

Productive and the experience was good
Records Management Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 15, 2016
My time with the company was very informative and my colleagues were team oriented. The company as a whole is very outstanding with the exception of the job security.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
No Job Security
Not a bad place to work
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 13, 2016
My days consist of monitoring our internal infrastructure systems, ensuring that they are up and running in optimum condition. I also Footprints ticketing system to monitor and address customer/user questions, service requests and incidences.

This is a very relaxed atmosphere. Management could be better, but they are not horrible. Co-workers for the most part are pretty good about handling their work, and all other interactions in general.
Pros
Telecommute
Cons
management
Has limits
Supply Technician, Contractor (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAJune 7, 2016
Good place to work but has limits as what you can become. This is the reason many leave this company because of the type of contract it on.
Ok place to work
Indexing/Imaging Specailist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2016
CGI is a ok place to work, there was a few things I didn't like its so micro- managed, you cant laugh or talk if you do you will get a jabber or an email to limit your laugh and talking.. not a good place to work if you don't like everyone to be in your personal business.
Pros
pay
Cons
Team lead
They're OK but it depends on the project
Business Analyst / Consultant to FDIC (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 31, 2016
CGI is OK but your experience will depend almost entirely on your project. I had some terrible experiences and some great experiences. Some management is awful and some is great!
Healthy Work Environment
Engineering Technician I (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 24, 2016
I have enjoyed working here. The environment was comfortable and the work was good. This was one of best employers I've worked for.
Great company
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  APO AE 09391May 19, 2016
I had an amazing time working for cgi federal while overseas in jalalabad and bagram afghanistan. I worked 7 days a week and 12 hours a day. I learned a multi job functions. My management was extremely well versed. My coworkers were professional. Hardest part of working for my job was getting shot at by insurgents. Working with my coworkers.
Flexible work
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, VAMay 19, 2016
The work environment was very flexible as it allowed a lot of opportunities to work from home. Overall, I enjoyed working for CGI but it was a heavy commute to and from home.
Pros
flexible work
Cons
drive to work was long
Watch your back
System Analyst (Software) Associate, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 3, 2016
CGI Federal is not your friend, be careful this company is only out to work you to the bone and not pay you very much for it. The staff are great people most have been there for decades.
Pros
Great people
Cons
horrible management
Productive and reliable place to work in.
Communications Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL.April 28, 2016
Great managers, great staff with personnel management and daily motivational tactics. Truly a pleasure to have learned from great superiors and very grateful for the opportunities provided to me and my family.
Overall great company to work for
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 21, 2016
Working at CGI is a rewarding experience. Leadership and portfolio are strong. Experience is high and opportunities are vast.
Great Coworkers
Passport Associate II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 17, 2016
My current location is not the most organized place but the work in environment is great. We all work together to achieve the goal of processing the passport applications for the day and resolving any issues that may arise.
Pros
Coworker, clearance, pay
Cons
Unorganized and unpredictable
Productive place
Safety Director/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2016
I have never seen such a long process to even hire out with anyone, as I didn't see much of them. They worked on a different project then I.
Pros
Nice vehicles
Cons
Not enough space
Busy work place
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2016
On the phone a lot and have to have patients. Some rude people, but it is what you take away from it. The coworkers are amazing and the staff is amazing.
Cgi
Passport Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 7, 2016
Great company to work for. They invest in their staff and insure upward mobility is available. They do a great job having training available for any staff members to improve their professional portfolio,
Great place, challenging but low pay
Validation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, MDApril 1, 2016
Interesting place with many opportunities to grow. Work/Life Flexibility is awesome. Ability to work from home. Everyone works hard, stays committed to the requirements and stays together as a team, help each other out when needed.
Great Work Environment
Information Technologies (IT) Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALMarch 30, 2016
At CGI Group we are encouraged to not only perform at work but also in after work activities, we have a company Softball team and we placed second overall for the season and then took the championship in the final league play.

It is a very positive work environment with an abundance of work resources to help us in both our work and personal lives.
Pros
Great People and Management
Cons
Non stop request by clients and management, often no lunch or breaks
Not a fun place to work
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 28, 2016
CGI Federal, an American subsidiary of the CGI Group, once upon a time provided a challenging and rewarding career. It seems to have fallen upon hard times after the Affordable Care Act fiasco and has not found its footing since. There have been multiple lay offs and RIFs and reorganizations. Talking to people still there, there just isn't much joy in Mudville.
Productive Fun Place
Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 28, 2016
Great work and life balance, great place to retire. Management really cares about your growth. Great social clubs and free gym and coffee.
Decent place to work, if you plan on just getting by
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXMarch 14, 2016
Offers little opportunity to grow, instead of promoting within they hire from outside.
Management is extremely lacking.

Job security is one plus