CGI Group Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2017
I like working here. They try to work with you as best as they can and they have such a great staff. They keep you busy and really appreciate their workers.
CGI Is Family
Case Worker II/Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 21, 2017
I love working for CGI Group. When I was hired a year ago I hit the ground running. I showed my superiors that I not only could do the work assigned, but that I could do it quicker and more efficiently than anyone else. From that point on, my superiors made it a point to take me under their wing and molded me to grow within CGI. I was picked to assist in new hire training and was promoted to a Case Worker II/Quality Assurance Analyst as a result. The environment at CGI is very fast paced, but it is also relaxed. Everyone helps everyone as we all have the same end goal.
Great Growth Environment
Management Analyst Assistant Level II - FBI (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 21, 2017
A very bright and intelligent group of people. The Growth within the company is limitless!! You will have fun and grow at the same time. The company likes for their employees to grow.
Pros
Will share monetary awards with Staff and Company
Great benefits
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Belton, TXJuly 21, 2017
CGI is a great company to work for. The hardest part is staying organized and making sure you follow up with all projects. The easiest part is getting along with other members and sharing ideas.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2017
CGI does not follow its own core value. Management is unwilling to train members and expects them to already now the job and duties when hired. GHP/NGHP projects are contracted with CMS and are not secure. Members moral is very low and all management does is buy cookies and hand out pins. If you dont fit into a click then you are treated as an outcast. Not a friendly environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Low Moral
Not long term
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 19, 2017
It was good employment. Get to met new people. Interesting industry and I learned a lot. It was basically mail processing center, and very customer oriented.
Pros
Learn new industry, meet new people, busy makes the day go fast.
Cons
Micro managed, no mistakes, not a long term career goal
Global Company
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  CardiffJuly 18, 2017
Good place to work at with flexible hours and good management. Opportunities are few unless you are willing to transfer to other geographic locations. Management is fair and allows autonomy to complete assignments. The culture is diverse but clannish.
A day
Member of Leadership Committee (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 18, 2017
CGi was a great place to work people were friendly and cared about there employees. Treated everyone like they cared and catered to everyone of us on a daily basis
Pros
The atmoshere
Cgi
Lead- Technical Writer/Documentation Editor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 13, 2017
New to the DoD industry and still has struggles with competing against the larger more vetted corporations. They have a great job culture for their employees.
Great Job Work and Life Balance
Local Contract Specialist-Certified MOR Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAJuly 12, 2017
As a remote consultant this place is great. My Manager can count on me to send my reports in a timely and professional manner and provide needed training. I enjoy the work culture and the opportunity to meet different people. Great team work between LCS.
Flexible work environment
Lead Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2017
Though my time at CGI was short (3 years) I was impressed by the amount of independence management gave to employees. The key requirement was ensuring the client was satisfied. The unfortunate part is if CGI loses the client the bandwidth of other clients to assign you to is limited. I enjoyed my time with the company.
Pros
flexible work environment
Cons
limited client base
good
HealthCare SOA Architect / Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 9, 2017
Agile process. Team work and understanding new concepts. Cloud technologies. Workplace is very professional and gives comfort to developers to work in easy and past phased environment.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 8, 2017
Worked at CGI for 6 months. The management team gave no guidance and showed favoritism to other employees. HR provided absolutely no support and not so much as a pen was brought to the exit interview. I would never consider working at CGI again.
easy, be on time, low stress, pace-filled job
Assistant Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 2, 2017
US Passport agency team lead in downtown Houston, TX responsible for floor production and delivery of passports locally and throughout the US. Managed floor staff of 12 including onboarding and continuous training.
Pros
stress free
Cons
boring
Worst company ever!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 30, 2017
Huge turnover rate, horses could run the place better than any of the management they currently have. No opportunity for promotions or raises. Horrible pay for being a government job. Stay away!!
Pros
Off major holidays
Cons
Management, pay, lots of workplace politics, the whole company overall
Laughable...
Critical Incident Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 29, 2017
Ohhh.....really awful is all I can muster..Too many jokes and stories to be told. I would have fired any desktop support staff that behaved in this manner.
Good Place to Work
SR.PYTHON Engineer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 27, 2017
Work life balance is good.
Insurance is not good.
Salary is okay.
Unlimited sick off.
Option is work remotely.
But you must be careful as insurance is not good .
You will end up paying $4K per family or $2K for individual as Deductible .
Disfunctional company with a high employee turnover rate
Engineering tech (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 26, 2017
Good place to get a start. However not a good place to stay. Owner is a big jock. He likes to drive fancy cars and have nice things. Then fight you over whether you get paid your mileage or not. Good people work here but there is high turnover.
Successful Consulting Firm with varied assignments
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 23, 2017
I have been fortunate to be placed on varied and challenging assignments with first-rate colleagues. CGI acquired Collaborative Consulting in November 2016.
Considerably Productive
Queue Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2017
Collaboration discussion meetings took place in the mornings with the Director and all other leads. Constantly engaged in all facets of the position.
Pros
Constantly engaged in all facets of the position.
Cons
Not enough time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI Group. Our community is ready to answer.