CGI Group

CGI Group Employer Reviews

Challenging Work Environment
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: challenging, innovative
Life at work was Unknown and Challenging. I learned how to build strong loyal relationships and make decisions on the fly. Enjoyed working with Executives and Management, together we made improvements for the greater good of the company and people. Working with the Engineers, Rocked! Seeing their God Given Gifts and Humor, Inspired me. I love Challenges – more... therefore I didn't find anything impossible. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with Innovative People. – less
CGI
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 18, 2014
CGI has good/bad parts just like every company i suppose. Work from home is nice. Get more accomplished that way.
Its ok
USMC SIPRNET Network Admin II (Current Employee), Yuma, AZFebruary 16, 2014
Work here is fairly easy. The area I'm in there is no overhead.
Overall a good place to work.
Material Coordinator (Supply Management Spec) (Former Employee), Fort Riley, KSFebruary 8, 2014
The management team was good. Great company with good benefits.
The company is a great and it take care of its employer very well
LMP/AWRDS Analyst (Former Employee), PARJanuary 31, 2014
I learned so much working with this company like things dealing with AWRDS and LMP.
No responsibility from management
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: decent pay, flexible schedules.
Cons: poor management, blame passed onto everyone but themselves for large scale errors.
When the CGI bought Stanley, things went downhill suddenly.

18 months after purchasing, the culture waned, the dedication withered. Working was a chore and no longer enjoyable.
Great Company for Experienced Employees
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: life/work balance, senior management, personable coworkers, stock generally performs well
Cons: compensation, training, middle management
CGI is a great company with decent excellent senior management. Project managers are all pretty top-notch, as well. Team leads and managers consist of meddling near-do-wells that seem to have "paid their dues" over time. With a tendency to over staff projects as part of their business model of rapid expansion, it is hard to gain career momentum as an – more... low-level employee (Jr BA, BA, Consultant), regardless of performance or role. There are pros and cons to the over staffing. If you are committed to working "straight eight" and aren't looking for that challenge, then this is probably the best bet. Their training program is horrendous, but this practice does allow self-starters to gain project knowledge independently and outshine their peers. – less
Good, solid company.
Consultant (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: decent benefits.
Cons: no professional development opportunities unless you are a member of management or it.
This is a great company to work for if you can find a position that meets your needs in terms of salary, growth, and development.
Good Start up IT job
Application Support Team Lead (Current Employee), Troy AL.January 14, 2014
Good place to start if new to the IT field. Great benefits. Salary is on the low side but great experience is priceless and this is what this job offers alot of.
Poor Management
Consultant (Current Employee), dallasJanuary 7, 2014
You will never know what you are working on for long. The people that work here are great, but that is it.
good place to work
Senior Engineer/Analyst (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: share purchase plan match
Cons: alot of controls to get anything done (administratively)
supported the government in a DoD contract, worked on own with little or no supervision. Was released after contract ran out.
Productive and interesting place
Engineering Tech I (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: good management, professional
Cons: no chance for advancement
I felt like i was doing important things at CGI. I learned a lot about teamwork. The management was supportive, and my coworkers were friendly and eager to learn. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the deadlines, but meeting them was the most enjoyable part.
Bad Experience but not bad company
Momentum Functional Analyst Tier II (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: huge company, bonus, good for college students
Cons: bad family plan high deductable
If you are new out of college CGI Federal is perfect for you... If you are an experience professional you might want to reconsider especially if you are familiar Momentum Software
Typical consulting firm
Senior Program Analyst (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 1, 2014
You have a job when they have a project. If not, good luck. This company depends heavily on federal projects. If you don't have security clearance of any kind, better try other company or else there will not be many projects you can work on.
Disorganized
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), USADecember 31, 2013
Pros: work remotely. paycheck did not bounce. some nice staff once you get to know them.
Cons: long hours, unpredictable, high attrition. lack of information. poor resource planning.
As you read reviews, you can see that CGI has many different business units. I worked in US information systems and it was disorganized. Some managers with 10+ years at the firm; most staff < 6 months. No posted process and procedure which I found surprising. ( I expected an IT outsourcing firm / consulting group would have more process and procedure – more... to gain efficiencies and keep costs low and margins higher. )

My days were usually 10-12 hours. I routinely worked nights and weekends. There was no forecasting of when I would have to work at night or on weekends so it became personally disruptive to work there and I left. It seems like most staff work 55+ Hours/week. So, if you go in as a contractor make sure that you get paid time and a half.

The attrition rate is very high - about 30% when you count fte's and contractors who don't renew or convert. HR and managers do not appear to be concerned but a little research shows this to be well above average. – less
Absolutely no room to grow within the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Troy, ALDecember 26, 2013
Pros: benefits were great
Cons: rigid work schedule, no upward mobility.
CGI was a grueling day by day, hour by hour call center that provided absolutely no upward mobility whatsoever. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Workplace where I could enjoy each and every tasks assigned.
Associate Business Analyst (Current Employee), Bangalore, IndiaDecember 17, 2013
My work used to start off with checking and replying a chunk of mails, address the issues which need my resolution, defect retests, functional assistance to technical team.
I enhanced my multitasking skills and learnt to work more effectively within specified timelines.
A very employee friendly Management.
Supportive and helpful co-workers.
I am always – more... committed and enjoyed the work I did. – less
The company mission and vision contradict managers' methods of leading the company.
coordinator (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 13, 2013
New management ways of work go back to Jesuit times.

With old management, I learnt everything here, and accepted every day as the happiest.
Pays well
QA Lead Tester (Current Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 12, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: the usual
Highest salary compared to any other companies paying for the same type of job in the same area. So can't complain
Good starter job
Software Developer / Consultant (Current Employee), Belton, TXDecember 9, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, good experience
Cons: poor career development
Overall CGI is a great company to work for, they offer good benefits and flexible schedules. they give you the opportunity to experience and learn new things when working on projects. the career development framework and the management are lacking but the management does a good job of keeping members involved.

About CGI Group

CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services – Read more

CGI Group Photos