CGI Group Employee Reviews in United States

Busy work place
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2016
On the phone a lot and have to have patients. Some rude people, but it is what you take away from it. The coworkers are amazing and the staff is amazing.
Fantastic Company
Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2015
Fantastic company that offers great benefits and morale boosting activities. Leadership takes an active interest in getting to know their employees and truly having an "open door" policy.
Good Company
Payment Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 29, 2015
Helps a lot, always on the employee's corner when it comes to how the client treats their employees. A lot of different opportunities all over the world.
Pros
good helpers
most challenging job I have every had
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 17, 2015
2 different payrolls that have different pay codes, have to pay attention to detail for which payroll you are dealing with and I don't like that we can not talk to the employees they have to create a case if there is a problem.
Pros
stay very busy
Cons
have current payroll for US which has alot of adjustments
Too much red tape training that with no need
Senior Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 7, 2015
As part of CGI we support the Aviation Engineering Directorate and Army Logistic Center. Working directive with the client allow us to best use are knowledge and expertise.
Pros
Good Benefit
Cons
Not for long job security
Fast paced, a great place to learn and grow
Aircraft Records Auditor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 15, 2015
Very busy place to work at.
A good place to learn and move on.
Management not very approachable.
Some coworker tension at times.
The hardest part of the job was working with management.
The most enjoyable part was benefits and compensation.
Pros
excellent compensation and benefits
Cons
management employee working relation
Basic Employment
***** (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 19, 2014
This company has monumental management issues on site. There is no consistency of information between management and employees. The salary is far below what it should be for the type of work that is performed. This is typical for the area of the country.
Advancement is an illusion due to the fact certain employees are hand selected without a position being posted internally or externally. Systems problems are a nightmare and plague CGI.
It is hard to believe that this is a global company that has profits in the billions.
Pros
its a job
Cons
pay, it systems, managment, culture
Not a good environment for professional growth
Sr. Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  Fair Lakes, Fairfax, VAMarch 17, 2015
When working proposals, typical days can be 14 hours. In between proposals, members wait for assignments. Proposal team is given the responsibility of winning, but no authority to affect changes to increase that likelihood. There is little support from management.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
If you're not a Director, you're treated like nothing
Different from any other Call Center
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 20, 2015
CGI is a great company with lots benifits and positions all around the world. The are very flexiable to employees needs.
Pros
Prizes, snacks
Great Challenges and wonderful co-workers
Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILSeptember 24, 2015
I have enjoyed working with all of my colleagues and love that we could all work as a team and individually on projects. This position at times require's you to learn things on your own with no training which I like for I am always up for a challenge and will never give up till I have mastered the task.
Pros
Wonderful colleagues
Cons
Contract work so the time is limited instead of having a steady job.
Productive IT Company
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALNovember 2, 2015
CGI is one of the biggest IT company in the world. CGI works with multiple company and businesses around the world through or dealing with computers.
Pros
Always activities and opportunities offered in CGI.
Cons
Short breaks
Great Company for Experienced Employees
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 18, 2014
CGI is a great company with decent excellent senior management. Project managers are all pretty top-notch, as well. Team leads and managers consist of meddling near-do-wells that seem to have "paid their dues" over time. With a tendency to over staff projects as part of their business model of rapid expansion, it is hard to gain career momentum as an low-level employee (Jr BA, BA, Consultant), regardless of performance or role. There are pros and cons to the over staffing. If you are committed to working "straight eight" and aren't looking for that challenge, then this is probably the best bet. Their training program is horrendous, but this practice does allow self-starters to gain project knowledge independently and outshine their peers.
Pros
life/work balance, senior management, personable coworkers, stock generally performs well
Cons
compensation, training, middle management
I do not recommend working here.
Software Engineer, Jr. (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 9, 2013
Carry on with a particular current project, where everything is fairly relaxed if there are no deadlines in the near future or you immediate supervisor is not in the mood to give you some adult abuse.

One learns fairly specialized subjects that are not transferable to other companies.

The management consists of incompetent egomaniacs that enjoy engaging in adult abuse of their employees and paying very low salaries for important work.

Many are cut-throat, but the ones one does not work with are fairly friendly.

The hardest part of the job is putting up with the management and living on a terrible salary.

Going home is the most enjoyable part of the day.
Pros
some fairly expensive free lunches and free soda.
Cons
no breaks specified. the co. attempts to make everyone the same.

Comment – April 5, 2013

I would recommend this company as long as you are Ok with short term projects.If you want maintain a low profile you wouldn't survive longtime. Good company for manager level people.

Heavy Accounting and Administrative functions
Employee Voucher Processor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 5, 2015
I am an accomplished executive administrative, Accounting professional who is fully committed to providing responsive and effective services. Attached you will find my resume, which further outlines my background. In addition to over 25 years of administrative experience as well as 15+ years of accounting experience, I offer:

• Secret Security Clearance.
• Familiarity with software, including Deltek Costpoint & GCS Premier, Sharepoint, QuickBooks Pro, Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, and Access.
• Experience with most accounting procedures, including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables, billing, account reconciliation, payroll, and tax preparations.
• Executive Administration experience, specializing in conference booking, calendar management, customer relations, travel reimbursement, human resources, secretarial duties, and scheduling.
• Extensive familiarity with travel and expense reports, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Federal Travel Regulations, and GSA guidelines.
• Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to perform self-directed daily tasks, multi-task, make efficient decisions, and excel in high pressure environments.
Fun
Intern (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 13, 2015
I love the atmosphere here at CGI Federal, I feel like I've been welcomed in a genuine way. I learn and take on new task as well, which always helps me grow as an individual.
Great and stable place to work
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 5, 2013
CGI Federal has a proven track record of growth and job security. The work itself is often challenging yet highly rewarding. I worked on the client-site down in Charleston, SC, which meant lots of time away from the flagship office. This disconnect occasionally left me feeling stranded with our team on-site with minimal support. However as a result, as a team we became very close and my co-workers were second to none, including management. In a typical day I would support the Operations department in any requested tasks, help the technical team with Development environment management, or create scripts to be tested and used in the live Production environment. Overall, it is a great and diverse place to work, and I chose to leave on my own terms gracefully to pursue employment slightly closer to family.
Pros
stability, compensation, experience
Cons
never took a lunch break, disconnect from main office, occasional night/weekend work
Good place to work, great environment
Tester (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALJune 27, 2015
The city of Troy is small but continually growing. CGI is a good place to work and a great addition to the city. You may be working on projects from different states and even countries. Very diverse group of people. There is a lot of opportunity for career development within the company.
Great Company !!
cunsultant (Former Employee) –  fairfaxApril 5, 2013
I worked with the best managers and the worst manager for worst project at this company. Really it was a nightmare working on one project. I know every company has the best people and bad people too.
Getting next project really depends on managers.if your manager is good and takes care about his team. Then he will be placing you in next project. Otherwise he just throws you away. He just tries survive himself by micromanagement and doesn't care about anybody.

Except that bad experience .Company wise its good company and fast growing and take cares employees well.
Pros
all benefits, higher level management
Cons
no job security, no hikes, hrweb reviews, lowerlevel management, micromanagement
Flexible hours
Lead Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 9, 2015
The environment is pleasant and the clients are easy to work with. Can work at your own pace as long as you reach the deadlines.
Great Company
Software Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, VAJune 8, 2015
Great company to work for. They offer lots of flexibility with hours and remote work. Good benefits and pay.

Over the past 8 years I have learned a lot with CGI Federal. I've acquired skills in software design, use case analysis, and received my CSTE certification.
Pros
remote work