CGI Group Employee Reviews

Productive and a lot of team work at this particular company.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDAugust 18, 2017
Management and cgi work members were always working together to help one another out. No one ever seemed incredibly stressed and was very relaxed while still working at a quick pace. Friendly environment.
Great people to work with
Contact Management Lead/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Belton, TXAugust 18, 2017
I worked from home and it was amazing. Great IT assistance and communication. Lots of meetings to ensure flow of communication and project status. Very busy and quick environment.
CGI Review
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 17, 2017
CGI strives to be recognized by us, whom they call members, as an exciting environment in which to build a career and company we can be proud of. We derive their greatest satisfaction from helping our clients succeed, and are passionate about supporting the well-being of the communities in which we live and work.
Pros
Challenging, always working on the most complex (technical and client impact) projects
Cons
Long work days
Good company
Business Intelligence Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leon County, FLAugust 16, 2017
Had good time working at this company. I was working as a contractor for project. I am not sure about the benefits personally but heard they are okay from my teammates who worked full time with CGI for a long time.
Good
CSA (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
Good place to learn, Only occur PTO which is 1.54 a week. Not alot to be able to balance life and home. Would like to see a change with the new contract.
Awesome opportunity
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 11, 2017
CGI is great place to work that has the perfect balance of individual and team environments. Most projects are done individually. But when it comes to bigger projects, a team setting builds a great work atmosphere and ensures all members do their part at bringing the best out of each other.
Review 1
Business/Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 10, 2017
Better salary and benefits would be great. Once the government health kicked in they jump on the band wagon of most companies and made employee pay for most of there insurance cost. Not all companies did this I still know some people working for good companies that take care of their employees.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
No good benefits
Poor work life balance and no possibility of advancement
Passport Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2017
Production logs are used to measure where you are every moment of the day. You have to use your personal time to fill out these logs. Management and team leads stand over your shoulder as you work. Your work is monitored on a tracking system to measure your working speed down to the second.

Numbers, number, numbers. That's all the company cares about and to make management look good. The only people who benefit from working for this company are management, engineers, and consultants. They often require mandatory overtime during peak season and ask that you be "flexible". They only know one way to manage and that's to deprive their staff of any quality of life.

There is a very small possibility of advancement because the government doesn't hire civilians. There is almost no possibility of a raise.

3 - 4 people quit every month.
Cons
Micromanaged, unrealistic expectations, no raises, no advancement
Executive Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 9, 2017
Good work life balance. Decent management. Just like any company, it depends on which department you join and your particular manager. CGI is a good solid company with great leadership at the top.
Contracts Manager
Business Unit Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA 22033August 9, 2017
Very unstable work environment, no established procurement, contracts or subcontracts procedures or process which leads to make it up as you go and hope for the best.
Pros
Excellent Employee 401k & Stock Plan
Cons
Unstable leadership 3 CEO's in 3 years
Major focus on client delivery and growing the business
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 8, 2017
Senior leadership is very client focused and pro leveraging capabilities across SBU's to garner new business and innovate. Opportunities for growth exist within the SBU's for Operations roles however room for advancement and role variety is limited outside of the Corporate office for overhead support functions.
Pros
Stock purchase program, strong Corporate leadership
Cons
Limited advancement opportunity, multiple management layers lead to slow pace with decision making
secure job but no opportunity for advancement
Functional Analyst (Current Employee) –  Belton, TXAugust 8, 2017
Secure tech job with great Work/Life balance as they allow employees to work from home. No opportunity to advance and management skill varies wildly. Some managers have all the time in the world to micro manage while others are so busy with meetings you are lucky to get minutes of their time during the week.
Pros
work from home
Cons
hard to advance
Challenging Environment
Network Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALAugust 6, 2017
work environment provides daily challenges. Allows many opportunities to investigate, and correct end users hardware, networking and application issues
Pros
Great Envirnment - Challenging
Cons
Advancement
Good Entry Level Job
Technical Consultant - Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 1, 2017
Good exposure into the business world and IT. Learned important skills in client relations and new technical skills to help me further my career. I have found that the benefits and pay are a little less that competitive in my market.
Productive environment and allow music in the work place
Customer Service Rep - III - Federal Contractor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 1, 2017
A typical work day at CGi is very fast past environment. We have many different assgnedment that are done by a monthly schedule .which may change daily. Management listen well to improvement in the work place. The company allow us to celebrate holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public
Pros
Paid health care
Cons
don't pay for lunch breaks
Not a Horrible place
Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2017
CGI Federal is for the beginner in the workforce. If you have experience in any field stay far away from this place unless you plan to use them as a stepping stone. They are very secretive and the senior management will not pay anywhere near your worth.
Foreign Income mis-guidance
System Database Analyst (Current Employee) –  FieldJuly 31, 2017
Make sure when you work in places like Afghanistan that they take taxes regardless and do not listen to the see-nile benefits clerk when she quotes your exempt because unless you do your 330 days your not ... they won't tell you a thing except your exempt ... meanwhile your may get laid-off and have to pay those back taxes because some stupid lady clerk is too stupid to explain the truth ... the HR are irate too ... very un-professional ..
Pros
good pay
Cons
contacts do not last and oversea tax deception ..
Good work place.
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJuly 31, 2017
The people that I have worked with are willing to learn the job if you don't know.The crew usually works well together. We worked on coolers and engines. We did the job until it was done.
Pros
We got treated meals sometimes.
Cons
Some times we had to work through break time.
cgi
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, ALJuly 31, 2017
A lot of things could be changed and made for the better, if people were held accountable. I love my job hopefully the pay will increase due to the work demand given and will be given to management staff.
Great Place to Work
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2017
I like working here. They try to work with you as best as they can and they have such a great staff. They keep you busy and really appreciate their workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI Group. Our community is ready to answer.