CGI Group

CGI Group Employer Reviews

Productive work environment
Application Support Analyst (Current Employee), Troy, ALJune 16, 2013
We sometime work 13.5 hour shift and we are on 3 and off 4 days a week.
Interesting and constant change.
Logisitcs Analyst III, Supervisor (Current Employee), KuwaitJune 11, 2013
The daily task can variate to the different missions that are required per the government. Day to day task and management skills are required in order to adjust to those changes. Co-workers or my employee's are striving individuals that look for success and completion. An every day challenge is accepted as a task that will help you grow. The hardest – more... part of the job is dealing with the weather. – less
Government contract environment with close knit team of employees with longevity.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lawton, OKMay 29, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: government contract (sequester lay-off due to funding)
- typical day: provide support to a team of 49 employees, interact with all levels of management and the government customer
- what I learned: how to work with diverse personalities
- management: strong leaders with longevity
- my coworkers: day-time family, longevity, diverse personalities
- hardest part of the job: multi-tasking multiple daily projects
- – more... most enjoyable part of the job: assisting section members with issue (benefits, payroll, travel issues, etc) – less
Conservative Growth Environment
Business Solutions Consultant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMay 26, 2013
It is a very friendly environment to work in but with little drive to be anymore than their conservative business model.
Great company overall. Just need be better contracts.
Application/Software Engineer (Former Employee), Lawton, OKMay 19, 2013
Pros: great people to work with and great environment to work in.
Cons: contractors can never have job security
Great company overall. Too bad I got laid off due to lack of funding from the government.
Productive company that is continously growing, good work enviroment
Auxilary support (Current Employee), Lancaster, SCMay 14, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: n?a
Great company to work for I enjoyed the work hours, the volume of work on a daily basis. The co-workers were good employees and friends.
Technical support desk
Technical Service Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2013
Fun place to work if you like to sit at your desk and not interact with others.
Refuring to the U.S.Navy it was a great experience
AMS.. aviation structural mechanic (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 14, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: leaving
A day at work was wonderful. performed maintenance on aircraft and out buildings. performed launch start ups and inspections on the airplanes along with a pleasant and well trained group of individuals. The best part of the job was we had a lot of fun while working professionally.
Ok working envirnoment
Payroll/Labor Specialist (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 13, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, management good
Cons: health benefits
I learned alot working for CGI, it is a typical work envirnoment. Do your required work that the company is paying for. My co-workers in all departments are great people to work with. I have no issues working here.
Great place to earn experience but needs managerial improvements
Software Engineer / Consultant (Former Employee), AtlantaMay 13, 2013
Pros: teamwork oriented, relaxing office environment, flex time
Cons: very large learning curve, extremely demanding, very little employee growth
Days always start off with a status meeting to discuss what was done and what is left to do. I learned to develop and debug on complex software, being in a Configuration Management team, and manage a small team to complete tasks in software and software quality. There are some management and training issues that never seem to be addressed.
A day of interesting dialogue
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 7, 2013
Pros: great group of coworkers
Cons: not much room for advancement, terrible raises, dwindling more costly benefits/perks, non flexible hours
A typical day at work consists of taking phone calls from irate customers, who often have outlandish stories. One of the perks that keep the job interesting and never a dull moment. At the same turn, the calls can often be stressful and make for a long a day. My coworkers are great and I appreciate the lack of micromanagement.
All work - No understanding of family and life. Work long hours!!!
PROJECT Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 6, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management!
Hated working there - Management is worthless and very unprofessional! No one knows what to do or what should be done.
Senior Consultant - Instructional Designer (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 28, 2013
Great benefits.Work with multiple government clients. Headquarters has a great fitness room.
Good Place to work
Electronic Technician (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCApril 26, 2013
Great atmosphere and people. Management is flexible, benifits are amazing.
Productive, fun place to work, no pressure from superior.
Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2013
Pros: great and lots of fun during the holidays, potluck's and town hall meetings, a good working environment.
Cons: long shifts with limited career growth.
A typical day at work were usually programmed workflow, therefore you know what to do each day, based on your portfolio.
I have learned more and received training and updates in areas recommended for productivity.
My past co-workers are all professionals and therefore, each one teaches one with new challenges or updates of company protocols.
The hardest – more... part of the job? Completing a 59 pages report in 5 days?
The most enjoyable part of the job is? Going out at least three days per week for conducting audits reviews. – less
exact staff
warehouse worker (Current Employee), Valencia, CAApril 22, 2013
Pros: kept me workin
Cons: no solid job
exact staff kept me working @ different locations but never on a regular basis . only when work was available
Technology driven
Applications Programmer (Former Employee), Lawton, OKApril 17, 2013
CGI provided a flexible work environment. I was surrounded by many great and intelligent co-workers who were able to assist me with any technological questions. Everyone worked hard to provide advancements in the software being used for the men and women fighting for our country.
Great place to work for
Procurement Agent (Current Employee), Lawton, OKApril 11, 2013
Pros: can work through lunch and get off early on fridays!
Great place to work for. I would come in everyday and get my work done accordingly. My supervisor did not mind me working on school work as long as my job was done first. Management here are very down to earth people that truly care for their employees. They would go above and beyond and help in anyway they could. Everyone that worked in this building – more... was always friendly and would always say hi when walking by. What I enjoyed the most was working with my boss. He is a great motivator and taught me that pushing out all the negativity that may be out there will help everyone in the long run. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Software Engineer (Current Employee), New JerseyApril 10, 2013
Nice place to work for,challenging Env.

Employee friendly company
This is the worst place to work
Consultant (Current Employee), Los AngelesApril 10, 2013
Pros: there is nothing good about this place
Cons: exhaustive work hours, no sense of team work and trust, lots of distrust
CGI believes in working you to death (16 hour days) and brow-beating you all the while. Micro-management is the daily style, even with senior employees. There is NO honest communication between direct managers and employees. CGI goes into companies and bids on outsourcing IT departments claiming to be able to "do it better for less" when they in fact – more... do it for ALOT more in the end. – less

CGIInsider – April 13, 2013

I am in total agreement with you. The company puts in low bid offers to win the contract, puts junior level people on the project and ends up mostly failing to deliver within budget. Known as a sweatshop, would never go back to this company. Leaving it was the best decision in my career.

About CGI Group

CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services – Read more

CGI Group Photos