Overview: Work involves responsibility for conducting/supervising laboratory functions in the engineering and maintenance of special laboratory apparatus and downhole tool equipment and in the construction of complex research and experimental tests. Work assignments are received with only general instructions and are reviewed through occasional inspection and by observation of results and captures engineering details and creates mechanical drawings and related documentation necessary to manufacture and support the equipment. . Duties are performed with minimum technical supervision and involve consideration, latitude, and discretion in developing work techniques and methods.
Job is located in the Westchase area.
- Supervises, conducts, and participates in constructing research and experimental prototype models from sketches, oral instruction, and technical drawings; instructs subordinate technicians and mechanics in proper work methods and techniques.
- Duties include performing skilled work in several of the mechanical trades which may include work in the assembly, testing, and electrical.
- Conducts experimental tests on models; compiles and reduces data.
- Constructs prototype models and experimental apparatus.
- Supervises the operation and maintenance of experimental equipment; instructs students and others in the operation of special experimental apparatus and equipment.
- Repairs and maintains testing equipment and instruments.
- Performs related work as required. Works with the engineering team to create designs from written and verbal input.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, methods, and practices of several of the mechanical or related trades.
- Considerable knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the trades.
- Considerable knowledge of shop techniques and procedures, and of the types, nomenclatures, and uses of materials, equipment, and tools of the shop or laboratory of assignment.
- Knowledge of the theory and principles of the subject field.
- Ability to conduct limited design, plan, and lay out construction, fabrication or assembly jobs, and to carry through to completion.
- Ability to locate and identify malfunctions or defections in equipment or apparatus and to make repairs.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work and instruct subordinate technicians and subordinates.
- Experience or knowledge in manufacturing and fabrication methods.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work duties and follow through on action items.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with engineering, scientist, students, and subordinates.
Required Education and Experience:
- 10 years of relevant experience or Associate/Vocational Degree with 8 years of relevant experience.
CGL Recruiting provides professional recruiting services aligning our team of professionals with your business to form a true business...