Channel Products is a full-line domestic and international manufacturer of innovative ignition components and systems, safety controls, and piezo-ceramic elements, for use in a multitude of industries. We offer high-value products for our customers in response to their special applications by:
Providing total creative and customized solutions
Working in a collaborative manner throughout the design, development, and delivery process
Building strategic partnerships
Establishing long-term, mutually beneficial, business relationships
We will provide premier service in fulfilling customer needs and position ourselves as the highest quality supplier of choice in the markets we serve.
- A key position that will contribute to the growth of the company, this person will assess and apply innovative ignition systems and other electrical and mechanical systems to customers’ appliances and other products
- Typical customer applications include cooking and heating appliances and burner systems
- May need to fabricate and apply component subassemblies such as sheet metal brackets, electrodes, terminated wires
- A self-disciplined independent and energetic team player who can work in a fast paced product development environment
- Ability to take a system engineering approach when solving application and performance problems
- Work easily across disciplines throughout the organization to access information and processes
- Manage tools and lab supply inventory needed for projects.
Work /Education Requirements
- General knowledge of plumbing, heating, and electrical systems
- Desired knowledge in gas appliance measurement and operating characteristics such as input rate, burner characteristics, delayed ignition, flame signature, etc.
- HVAC certification and practical experience is a plus
- Strong mechanical assembly knowledge. Can sketch ideas for designers to make ready for production.
- Work with small hand tools, gas connections and piping systems.
- Ability to operate milling machine and other model shop machinery desired
- Should be in good physical condition; some lifting will be required
- Experience with data acquisition systems such as Lab View to implement product lifecycle testing would be a plus.
- Create test reports/procedures with a scope and purpose. Document test result findings using standard PC software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution. Technical education a plus
If interested, please submit resume.