Channel Products, Inc. (CPI) has been in business for 40 years and is headquartered in Chesterland, Ohio, about 20 miles east of Cleveland. CPI is a leading design engineering and manufacturing company of electronic safety controls and igniters for the gas appliance industry. CPI is also a pioneer in Piezoelectric ceramic design and manufacturing. CPI provides customers with highly engineered, application specific solutions.
We plan and work our days closely aligned with our six core values: Customer dedication, Integrity, Meritocracy, Teamwork, Bias for Action, and Fun. If you share these values, along with a strong desire to win, then we want you to consider joining our team.
General Job Description
Electronic Technician is a responsible support position that directly interfaces with and proactively supports our Supervision, Manufacturing Managers, Manufacturing Engineers, Quality Control, and others. This position controls the nucleus of our Value-Added program and is responsible for day-to-day tasks associated with running our in-house assembly capability. The successful candidate for this position should have: excellent soldering skills, be a highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently as well as in group settings, be well organized and able to multi-task, have good verbal and written communications skills, have experience using electronic test equipment, be experienced and able to use hand tools and small power tools.
Work Experience Requirements
- Ability to understand and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, prints, and bills of materials
- Ability to identify all components (IC’s, capacitors, resistors, diodes, etc…) Thru-hole and SMT components
- Understands the function of electronic parts (capacitance, resistance, etc….) in circuitry
- Understands and applies basic electronic principals to test and troubleshooting
- Tests products using standard process test equipment, and troubleshoots equipment if necessary
- Troubleshoots circuits to component level using DVM, scope, standard electronic test equipment
- Replaces components / makes board repairs
- Ability to build prototype boards
- Ability to solder, de-solder, place and remove components without damaging board
- Knowledge of various kinds of soldering and de-soldering tools, equipment, and chemicals (fluxes, solders, cleaners, etc..) used in all processes
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to follow detailed technical instructions
- Knowledge of working with Microsoft programs (EXCEL / WORD)
- Develop new methods to improve functionality and efficiency
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 certified facility
- Familiar with lean manufacturing practices such as 5S is a plus
- High school graduate
- Secondary schooling in electronics manufacturing is a plus
- Must be an energetic personality with strong leadership and communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K retirement plan with company match
- Life and AD & D insurance
- Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Paid Time Off
If interested in applying for this position, please submit resume.