Channel Products, Inc. (CPI) has been in business for 40 years and is headquartered in Chesterland, Ohio, about 20 miles east of Cleveland. CPI is a leading design engineering and manufacturing company of electronic safety controls and igniters for the gas appliance industry. CPI is also a pioneer in Piezoelectric ceramic design and manufacturing. CPI provides customers with highly engineered, application specific solutions.
We plan and work our days closely aligned with our six core values: Customer dedication, Integrity, Meritocracy, Teamwork, Bias for Action, and Fun. If you share these values, along with a strong desire to win, then we want you to consider joining our team.
- Accomplish product design and project management duties to include scheduling, concept planning and review, schedule design reviews with peers and other department individuals. Provide supervision or project coordination to drafters, designers, and technicians who assist with specific assignments.
- Analyze current and competitive technologies to determine best way to address requirements. Foster creativity and innovation in design solutions.
- Design of plastic packaging associated with electronic products and PCB interfaces, and other mechanical products to include spark electrodes, metallic parts and associated products. Schedule and perform design reviews and meetings during product development milestones and insure consistency in design reviews, verification, and qualification efforts. Coordinate testing and verification of product designs.
- Provide sustaining support to existing products and assistance with customer and sales support requirements. Apply manufacturing process and capabilities in product design process DFM/DFT. Assist in product testing and quality plan requirements. Assist with qualification and approval of purchased component manufacturers as needed.
- Create and oversee the release of product documentation. Perform review and approval of engineering documentation as needed. Assist with mechanical drafting as needed.
- Interface with certification agencies in product testing, verification, and validation to industry established product standards. Provide management with certification information and trends to aid in new product development or significant impacts to the business.
Work Experience/Education Requirements
- 3 to 5 years of product design and or manufacturing experience with injection molded plastic and metal parts. Experience in acoustics and sensor design would be a bonus for this position.
- Experience designing world class products utilizing DFM and Six-sigma methods. Finate element analysis experience a plus.
- Familiarity with design analysis, calculations, and FMEA process in vetting a product design for safety critical applications. Competence in the use of computer design tools such as CAD tools – AutoCad, and Solidworks.
- International coordinated design experience, interfacing with international suppliers to achieve product designs within schedule windows.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office tools like Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project for project reporting and data organization.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
Indeed - 18 months ago