Channel Products, Inc. (CPI) has been in business for 40 years and is headquartered in Chesterland, Ohio, about 20 miles east of Cleveland. CPI is a leading design engineering and manufacturing company of electronic safety controls and igniters for the gas appliance industry. CPI is also a pioneer in Piezoelectric ceramic design and manufacturing. CPI provides customers with highly engineered, application specific solutions.
We plan and work our days closely aligned with our six core values: Customer dedication, Integrity, Meritocracy, Teamwork, Bias for Action, and Fun. If you share these values, along with a strong desire to win, then we want you to consider joining our team.
General Job Description:
- Accomplish product design and project management duties to include scheduling, concept planning and review, schedule design reviews with peers and other department individuals.
- Provide supervision or project coordination to drafters, designers, and technicians who assist with specific assignments.
- Analyze current and competitive technologies to determine best way to address requirements. Foster creativity and innovation in design solutions.
- Design of analog, digital, circuits and embedded firmware. Perform circuit design and calculations, modeling using Spice tools, tolerance analysis, prototyping, validation, and verification testing of product designs. Schedule and perform design reviews and meetings during product development milestones and insure consistency in design reviews, verification, and qualification efforts.
- Provide sustaining support to existing products and assistance with customer and sales support requirements. Apply manufacturing process and capabilities in product design process DFM/DFT. Assist in product testing and quality plan requirements. Qualify and approve purchased component manufacturers.
- Create and oversee the release of product documentation. Perform review and approval of engineering documentation as needed.
- Interface with certification agencies in product testing, verification, and validation to industry established product standards. Provide management with certification information and trends to aid in new product development or significant impacts to the business.
Work Experience Requirements
- 5- 8 years of product design and or manufacturing experience with controls and circuit design
- Experience with both digital and analog circuit designs in an embedded control environment
- Familiarity with design analysis, calculations, and FMEA process in vetting a product design for safety critical applications. Competence in the use of computer design tools like schematic capture, AutoCAD, etc.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office tools like Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project for project reporting and data organization
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or ASEE with minimum 10 years applicable work experience
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K retirement plan with company match
- Life and AD & D insurance
- Short Term and Long Term insurance
- Paid Time Off
Indeed - 7 months ago