Bilingual Family Assessment Worker
Hours: Full Time
1. Compiles data and reports to fulfill contract requirements or as requested.
2. Provides services using professionally accepted methods within agency policies and in accordance with the needs and goals of the client.
3. Consults with supervisor/other professionals to insure appropriate assessment and case implementation for each client, as well as provide support for other staff in the handling of their work.
4. Implements all activities in the Family Support/Family Centered Practice Model.
5. Responsible for programming which includes, but is not limited to the development and implementation of culturally sensitive and appropriate programming.
6. Makes initial contact with new referrals to schedule enrollment visits.
7. Creates hard file for new families and completes all initial enrollment and health care paperwork for family and all children in the home under the age of five.
8. Interviews family to complete a general assessment and documentation.
9. Follows up with the assigned PE/FRS to provide feedback and insight on the needs of the family prior to their first home visit.
1. A Bachelor in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Education, Child Development, or other human services field, with 2 years experience working with children & families.
2. Must have experience in word processing in a Windows environment.
3. Must be able to display verbal and written communication skills that meet the requirements of the position and needs of clients.
4. Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
5. Knowledge of Child Protective Services reporting mandates.
6. Strength and Mobility to include:
a. Ability to lift 35 - 50 pounds.
b. Ability to stoop, bend, and squat to child’s eye level for appropriate amounts of time.
c. Ability to sit for periods of time on the floor with children.
d. Ability to get up and down from floor without assistance.
e. Ability to run after a child, if necessary.
f. Ability to climb flights of stairs.
g. Ability to play with children, skip, run, and hop.