ChildFirst Services, Inc. is one of the largest providers of group home care for teens in the foster care system. We have 16 group homes located in 7 counties in Eastern PA serving 90 children. We are known for quality care and effectiveness in helping teens get on the track to success. More about us at: www.childfirstservices.org We have expanded and are in need of a caseworker to be located out for our Bethlehem office to serve as the Caseworker for our Northampton and Lehigh County programs
Seeking a social service professional with experience in child welfare for Caseworker position. Caseload of 15 adolescents in Bethlehem, PA. Job duties include:
- Coordinate with family and county caseworkers in assembling child’s file prior to placement
- Coordinate and conduct Initial ISP and ISP/90-Day in accordance with regulations.
- Insure child receives all required medical and mental health exams within 7 days of placement; insure all caregiving employees are aware of any special health considerations prior to placement.
- Facilitate contact with families and significant other upon placement of child and throughout the duration of the Child’s placement.
- Serve as “Single Point of Contact" for school district personnel. Including office program visits, telephone contact and written correspondence.
- Complete and submit monthly case notes in a timely manner on all children on caseload.
- Responsible for the condition of and information contained within child records. Responsible for ensuring that all services and paperwork are documented in accordance with regulations and agency policy and procedures.
- Establish positive relationships with school administrative personnel and faculty, parents/guardians, and involved social service agency personnel.
- Facilitate and coordinate constructive relationships between family and professional serving child, facilitate continuity of care, and participate in interagency meetings on behalf of the child and family.
- Coach direct service staff in therapeutic interventions for child. Respond to emergency and routine calls regarding child’s behavior in placement
- Assume responsibility for shift in group home as needed to assess group dynamics and role model appropriate interventions for direct service staff.
Excellent Benefits Included: HEALTH & LIFE INSURANCE, 401(K) & CREDIT UNION
- BA degree
- Must have at least 2 yrs. prior experience in child welfare and/or residential services
- Experience with victims of childhood abuse a plus.
- Must be able to drive to locations throughout Eastern PA; This job requires a LOT of driving in our company cars.
- Must have a Valid PA Driver’s License
- At least 25 years of age
Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Service Provider
Promoting a Drug Free Work Environment
ChildFirst Services, Inc. is an affiliate of HumanWorks Affiliates, Inc. (HWA). HWA has a proud, 30-year history of providing services to...