Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day administration of the HIS Clinical responsibilities. This includes implementation, configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, management, training, usage monitoring and the development of specialized procedures relating to the network environment within the hospital clinical and ancillary clinic areas. Responsible for coordinating interfaces between instruments/equipment and Systems. Acts as the primary role/contact person in implementations of new software/hardware and ensures that project schedules are met. Acts as liaison between ancillary departments & nursing & Information Systems. Responsible for providing assistance to the HIS department as a whole in the overall coordination, control and maintenance of PCs and other related devices. Must have knowledge of the total hospital operation. Must be ability to learn and maintain multiple types of systems that integrate into the main HIS system. Must project a professional image within the department and to the public at ALL times. Must cooperate with other department(s) within the hospital. Must carry out instructions from the Information Systems Manager.
Scope of Responsibility: To fully organize and coordinate the HIS clinical responsibilities ensuring confidentiality and other security risk are continuously in force and monitored. Performs under the general supervision of Information Systems Manager. Incumbent subject to callback as required by hospital or on-call list. This could be due to emergency or disaster that all hospital personnel must be available. Understands that department will be staffed 7 days a week and 24 hours a day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintains hospital clinical and ancillary systems
2. Works with ancillary departments with instrument interfaces
3. Ensures that all project schedules are meet
4. Ensures that all systems are being utilized to their fullest
5. Responsible for ensuring any upgrades are performed and tested in a timely manner
6. Maintains PC hardware and software as needed
7. Responsible for being a liaison between clinical vendors as needed
8. Responsible for maintaining upgrades and installs as necessary
9. Provide educational needs as needed and works with other educational leaders to help develop training/learning tools
10. Ensures system security is maintained and monitored continuously
11. Familiar with all HIS computer operations
12. Understands entire scope of HIS operations
13. Detail and result oriented
14. Develop ad hoc reports as needed
15. Maintains all tracking and maintenance records
16. Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge of networks, network operating systems, communication protocols, and print queues. Must have a Clinical Ancillary or Nursing background. Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Understanding of PC hardware and software. Ability to teach others. Troubleshooting skills. Organizational skills.
Must have a high school diploma. Bachelor’s degree in MIS or other related field preferred or equal experience.
Experience in hospital operations required. At least two years experience in a Clinical Ancillary or Nursing field. Must have PC experience.
Work requires ability to repair PC’s and other related devices, cabling and any other technical skills necessary to perform job functions.
1. Interacts with physician’s staff, visitors and all others whom employee comes in contact with. Demonstrates a caring compassionate attitude reflective of Chinese Hospital mission.
2. Demonstrates ability and willingness to listen to and provide information and ideas necessary to effectively function within the department and hospital.
3. Demonstrates computer literacy.
4. Demonstrates the ability to assess and interact with physicians and staff