We are currently seeking an individual to operate equipment that cleans dirt, scale, and other materials from metal objects with blast of sand by performing the following duties:
- Sandblast stainless steel, steel, aluminum, and cast iron.
- Stack objects on racks, place racks in blast bay, start sandblasting.
- Taping and masking projects in preparation for blasting & painting.
- Place objects on moving cart that carries objects into blasting facility.
- Adjust controls on equipment to regulate pressure & amount of abrasive blast.
- Pours or shovels abrasive material into feed hopper to replenish supply.
- Sanding, grinding, and cleaning for paint preparation.
- Priming and light painting.
- Assist with touch up on repair projects.
- Maintain and operate waste paint distiller.
- Inspect and change filters as needed.
- Maintain area around sandblast bay, clean and organize through general clean up.
- Preparation of sand removal from sandblast bay.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to wear specialized, protective equipment including respirator.
- Ability to operate forklift & overhead crane
Indeed - 23 months ago