With 4,000+ employees, six hospitals and over 30 clinics, we are dedicated to providing comprehensive healthcare to our East Texas communities. We utilize the latest technology in exciting, clinically challenging environments, including our three ANCC Journey to Magnet Excellence® organizations—CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital - Tyler, The Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic.
Highlights of our medical services include:
• Level II Trauma Center
• The first and only freestanding heart hospital in East Texas
• 24-hour Emergency Care Center
• da Vinci® Surgical System
• Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
• Access to the Flight For Life aeromedical program
• And much more!
The Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital performs a spectrum of leading-edge heart care procedures at our state-of-the-art facility in Tyler. Our beautiful, 6-story hospital was constructed from the ground up on the CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital - Tyler campus and has 72 ICU-capable private rooms dedicated exclusively to cardiac patients and a high-tech OR with four surgical suites and two hybrid suites. Our compassionate team uses the latest advances in evidence-based medicine to provide the highest level of patient-centered cardiovascular and thoracic care. We are proud to be the first and only freestanding heart hospital in East Texas and a regional center for clinical excellence in cardiac care.
Some of our many innovative cardiology services include:
• Minimally invasive and robotic heart and thoracic surgery using a state-of-the art da Vinci® Surgical System
• Treatment of atrial fibrillation, congestive heart failure, acute myocardial infarction (MI) and peripheral heart disease
• Outstanding programs focused on cardiac rehabilitation, patient education and research
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic is our multispecialty medical group of over 330 physicians and mid-level providers representing 36 specialties. Our clinics are located in more than 14 cities throughout East Texas.
Nestled in the piney woods of East Texas, just 90 miles from Dallas or Shreveport, Tyler is host of the annual Texas Rose Festival and features lakes, golf courses, hiking trails and many other opportunities for outdoor recreation. Our beautiful city is home to a ballet, symphony orchestras, art museums and several colleges. Known as the “Rose Capital of the World,” Tyler is a great place to live and raise a family. Here you’ll enjoy affordable housing, no state income tax and year-round mild weather. Come and experience our southern hospitality and all that Tyler has to offer!