CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System

CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System Employee Reviews

Nice friendly
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 1, 2017
Nice and friendly and customer services is excellent and everyone is welcoming and makes you feel welcomed and so many ways. You need an awesome team to make it
Work Elsewhere!
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 18, 2016
Disorganization and terrible internal structure. Mgmt controls by fear and intimidation. Poor employee training. Low moral. Have been told many times that it is a dog eat dog culture and people don't think twice about throwing someone under the bus. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Understaffed, underpaid, overrated health system.
Pros
Generous PTO time
Cons
Too many to list!!
Learned a lot!
Graduate Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 25, 2016
Being a Graduate Student Athletic Trainer for CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances was very informative and educational. I enjoyed all the physicians and surgeons I worked with. I learned so much from shadowing them and engaging in conversation. This is definitely a wonderful hospital to work for!
Very exciting and great place to work
Physician Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 16, 2016
I really enjoy helping others, and I believe this was a perfect place for me to be. My co-workers were really family -oriented and didn't mind helping each others out. Just being able to assist patient's in their time of need was very satisfying. The hardest part of the job was trying to remember what clinic has what type of scheduling preference, due to the fact that there were more than 10 clinics that we scheduled for as well as more than 20 specialties.
Respiratory Dept has some of the best Therapists, but workload is ridiculous.
RRT (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 15, 2016
The day Supervisor is known to be very sexist against females. Workload is not safe and RT is told to find "shortcuts" or to TNA (therapist not available) ordered respiratory treatments.
Pros
Pay, coworkers, benefits
Cons
Workload, management
Hostile environment and terrible management
Xray tech (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 14, 2016
The only thing I won't complain about is the workload because I like to stay busy. With that said, while some employees will work their tails off, others will sit around and management won't say anything thing. Great hospital for the patients but terrible for the employees. Turnover rate is so high in every area because they want you to do everything without appreciation and decent compensation. Not only do the other employees treat each other badly, the management will chime in. I've seen someone put in their notice and management make that employee cry. Ridiculous.
Pros
good experience for resume
Cons
hostile, rude, not enough pay for what you have to deal with
productive workplace
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  tyler txSeptember 28, 2016
Mother Frances is a great place to work.. the staff is more religous based and they encourage prayer before any and every procedure. Mother Frances is safe and a protected enviroment.
If I could give it 0 stars, I would!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 28, 2016
I worked through Sodexo here. They play games, create drama, turn things around on you - It was Honestly one of the worst places to work. I pulled a muscle and one of the nurses actually started making fun of me, as if being an old woman and laughing at an injured person wasn't embarrassing enough. My boss would not come to my help to defend or even confront her, and the harassment continued. My boss had told me very personal things, trying to relate to a certain situation and ended up making it seem like I had offended him with my words and I had never spoken of anything inappropriately while working there. All the shift leaders hate each other, will talk straight trash about each other but say YOU said it to take away your hours. No room for advancement, they falsely represent this family atmosphere which is also a load of BS. Everyone is completely fake, Boss's leave during the work day and go wherever, shift leaders hide in closed off waiting rooms while everyone else gets swamped with rooms with no help. Some of my friends had gotten pregnant while working here, they put so much pressure on them that one Miscarried, One was labeled High Risk, and the other began to experience complications. They sent them to highly contagious rooms, scabies, some sort of highly contagious flu virus, CDif, you name it! I had them switch the rooms over to me because I wasn't at the time. When I became pregnant, Oh You Bet I Quit. Even after I left, nothing but rumors as to why I did.

Please, Do Not work here. When I tried reporting some of these things to the New Head of Housekeeping,
  more... he was just like them - And if you're not fake, phony, hypocritical and judgmental like them you won't last. And they don't care about you, or what you have going on. They will help you as long as it benefits them.  less
Pros
Cons
Long hrs, little pay even with exp, horrible training, horrible management, horrible balance and consideration of your person life
High standards/ High quality Top Notch Nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 13, 2016
I've worked all over the place and this is an excellent place for nurses. The CNO is great and knows everyone by name. He's tough but fair and has the respect of other leaders. The other nursing leaders are the best I've ever worked with. We are applying to be a Magnet hospital and that has changed things a lot. A lot of people come here for that. Tons and I mean tons of education opportunities and they pay for a lot of things like certifications and school and conferences. Staffing can be tight when it's close to hiring time for new grads but that happens everywhere. And they seem to really care and try to fix things from getting tight. Leadership is very open minded and likes to hear ideas from nurses. And if a nurse comes up with a good idea they will really listen and try to make it happen.
Pay is average and I personally think it's good for the area compared to cost of living. I think new grads start at about $23/hr. By about 5-7 years it's $30-$32.
Pros
Nursing leaders, physical facilities, Have what you need to take care of patients. New equipment and . Cutting edge technology.
Cons
The unit techs have attitude. Parking is minimal but they do have shuttle buses.
Challenging but Disappointing Career Choice
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 8, 2016
Very poor work/life balance. The work is challenging and interesting, but the environment is hostile and micro managed. You are basically led to believe that you are fortunate to work for this company and you will not succeed if you leave and go elsewhere. Little to no room or opporurtunity for job growth as all open positions are typically filled by candidates outside the company. The Accounting and Finance department has experienced astronomically high turnover for the past 5 years - there is a reason why!
Pros
If you can survive this company, you can work anywhere!
Cons
You will be miserable while you wait until a better opportunity comes along.
Work here if you like to play games
Specialist Tech (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TexasJuly 14, 2016
I have worked at this place four years,and it progressively worst every year. I work with people that enjoy mulnipulating other. If you don't follow the
in-crowd, You will be pushed to your limits, fired or forced in to quitting.
I work under a supervisor that do not have a mind of her own, she is lead by a close friend that she don't have the guts to stand up to or correct. That is basically running the lab behind the scenes. If this friend don't like you then she turns the supervisor against you.

This is a miserable place to work.
It was a 'family' type atmosphere.
Office Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Tyler County, TXJune 21, 2016
Typically, I would check patients in and out, verify insurance, answer phones, confirm appointments for the next day, pre-register patients, scan medical records, etc.
I was pretty close to most of my coworkers. My position with Christus Trinity Mother Frances involved a lot of traveling to different locations. I would cover at some clinics more than others, so I would get to know some coworkers better than others.
The most difficult part of this job is having irritable patients. I attribute that to them not feeling well, but you have to show extra care to them without getting irritated yourself. You always want your patients to leave happier than when they came in.
The most enjoyable part of this job was bonding with the patients and coworkers. Going to work is a lot easier and more enjoyable when you work well with your coworkers. And with family practice, patients come in regularly and you get to know them well.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Short staffed, small raises, having to use Personal Time Off for holidays when clinics are closed, non-notification of payroll deductions when there are billing balances.
Very unfriendly to PAs
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler TXJune 16, 2016
TMF and East Texas in general are awful places for PAs to practice. Too many old school physicians with God complexes who don't want to accept that PAs are necessary in today's healthcare teams. I have worked in several areas of the country and never have I been disrespected as much as at TMF. PAs are treated as scut workers, and are not respected as professionals. Providers are jumping ship right and left, leaving many areas understaffed (especially Direct Care) and this hospital is concerned about nothing more than their surveys and money. Management is getting worse all the time, because the good ones left!
I was so overjoyed when another job location hired me from this place.
Sleep Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 23, 2016
The fellow staff members were great but the management was horrible. They over looked acceptable patient care practices and patient to caregiver ratios. They will deceive you about pay and benefits and agreed upon schedule needs.
Worst hospital I have ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Very poor management
Friendly, Well funded Organized.
Intern in IT (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 10, 2016
Life there was great I really miss it. Management didn't mind some goofin off as long as things got done on time. Co-Workers were mostly friendly (some didn't like me but oh well ) If offered a job back I would totally take it.
Regional Courier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 8, 2016
This is a great place to work. The patients and employees are very people friendly. Any and everyone will feel welcomed when they walk through the doors. Not everyday will be a great day for you personally, but overall a typical work day is great.
Great community spirit
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 18, 2015
Trinity Mother Frances has a great community spirit. They are always hosting fundraisers for the Childrens Miracle Network. I am fond of this charity because my son was a patient in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit when he was born.
Pros
fundraising
Cons
short breaks
Excellent people to work with
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 15, 2015
Worked with some of the best people you could possibly work with. I drove a tractor trailer pulling an MRI trailer from one clinic to another tearing it down and setting it up. Very expensive equipment and it was serviced regularly.
Pros
Excellen pay
Cons
Wish it was a more enjoyable environment.
Room Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 5, 2015
While working at this hospital, I feel as though there is no room for enjoyment. I feel as though the environment is not as uplifting and positive as it should be.
Christian based system with strong patient experience focus
Chief Nursing Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXSeptember 27, 2015
Wonderful organization, very proactive philosophy. Dedicated to a positive customer experience, positive culture and compassionate environment.
Pros
Positive and supportive culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System Reviews by Location