CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System

CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System Employee Reviews in United States

High standards/ High quality Top Notch Nursing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 13, 2016
I've worked all over the place and this is an excellent place for nurses. The CNO is great and knows everyone by name. He's tough but fair and has the respect of other leaders. The other nursing leaders are the best I've ever worked with. We are applying to be a Magnet hospital and that has changed things a lot. A lot of people come here for that. Tons and I mean tons of education opportunities and they pay for a lot of things like certifications and school and conferences. Staffing can be tight when it's close to hiring time for new grads but that happens everywhere. And they seem to really care and try to fix things from getting tight. Leadership is very open minded and likes to hear ideas from nurses. And if a nurse comes up with a good idea they will really listen and try to make it happen.
Pay is average and I personally think it's good for the area compared to cost of living. I think new grads start at about $23/hr. By about 5-7 years it's $30-$32.
Pros
Nursing leaders, physical facilities, Have what you need to take care of patients. New equipment and . Cutting edge technology.
Cons
The unit techs have attitude. Parking is minimal but they do have shuttle buses.
Challenging but Disappointing Career Choice
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 8, 2016
Very poor work/life balance. The work is challenging and interesting, but the environment is hostile and micro managed. You are basically led to believe that you are fortunate to work for this company and you will not succeed if you leave and go elsewhere. Little to no room or opporurtunity for job growth as all open positions are typically filled by candidates outside the company. The Accounting and Finance department has experienced astronomically high turnover for the past 5 years - there is a reason why!
Pros
If you can survive this company, you can work anywhere!
Cons
You will be miserable while you wait until a better opportunity comes along.
Work here if you like to play games
Specialist Tech (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TexasJuly 14, 2016
I have worked at this place four years,and it progressively worst every year. I work with people that enjoy mulnipulating other. If you don't follow the
in-crowd, You will be pushed to your limits, fired or forced in to quitting.
I work under a supervisor that do not have a mind of her own, she is lead by a close friend that she don't have the guts to stand up to or correct. That is basically running the lab behind the scenes. If this friend don't like you then she turns the supervisor against you.

This is a miserable place to work.
Very unfriendly to PAs
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler TXJune 16, 2016
TMF and East Texas in general are awful places for PAs to practice. Too many old school physicians with God complexes who don't want to accept that PAs are necessary in today's healthcare teams. I have worked in several areas of the country and never have I been disrespected as much as at TMF. PAs are treated as scut workers, and are not respected as professionals. Providers are jumping ship right and left, leaving many areas understaffed (especially Direct Care) and this hospital is concerned about nothing more than their surveys and money. Management is getting worse all the time, because the good ones left!
I was so overjoyed when another job location hired me from this place.
Sleep Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 23, 2016
The fellow staff members were great but the management was horrible. They over looked acceptable patient care practices and patient to caregiver ratios. They will deceive you about pay and benefits and agreed upon schedule needs.
Worst hospital I have ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Very poor management
Friendly, Well funded Organized.
Intern in IT (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 10, 2016
Life there was great I really miss it. Management didn't mind some goofin off as long as things got done on time. Co-Workers were mostly friendly (some didn't like me but oh well ) If offered a job back I would totally take it.
Regional Courier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 8, 2016
This is a great place to work. The patients and employees are very people friendly. Any and everyone will feel welcomed when they walk through the doors. Not everyday will be a great day for you personally, but overall a typical work day is great.
Great community spirit
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 18, 2015
Trinity Mother Frances has a great community spirit. They are always hosting fundraisers for the Childrens Miracle Network. I am fond of this charity because my son was a patient in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit when he was born.
Pros
fundraising
Cons
short breaks
Excellent people to work with
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 15, 2015
Worked with some of the best people you could possibly work with. I drove a tractor trailer pulling an MRI trailer from one clinic to another tearing it down and setting it up. Very expensive equipment and it was serviced regularly.
Pros
Excellen pay
Cons
Wish it was a more enjoyable environment.
Room Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 5, 2015
While working at this hospital, I feel as though there is no room for enjoyment. I feel as though the environment is not as uplifting and positive as it should be.
Christian based system with strong patient experience focus
Chief Nursing Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, TXSeptember 27, 2015
Wonderful organization, very proactive philosophy. Dedicated to a positive customer experience, positive culture and compassionate environment.
Pros
Positive and supportive culture
Not Bad
Room Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 13, 2015
I was always kept busy and recognized for what I did. The work schedule could be hard because rotating employees can always be difficult.
Very nice place to work.
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 2, 2015
This is where I started my transcription career right out of college. I was working at the hospital as a clerk doing the bed board and after college and I applied to move up. They took me on with no experience and took the time to train me. I had great co-workers and a great boss. We also rotated through the radiology office taking turns filling reports and pulling films which was fun to get to be around the office personnel and the technicians.
Pros
Great benefits and nice co-workers.
Exceptional Facility
Physician Clinic Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 23, 2015
There are not enough words to express the satisfaction that I received from working at TMFHS.

I held several positions within the facility and enjoyed each and every one of them. The administrative staff was exceptional during my employment. We worked as a team to ensure quality, standards and customer satisfaction were received throughout the local communities that we served.
Do not apply for this Hospital, especially the OR
OR Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TxFebruary 5, 2015
Upon hiring they build up that they are faith based and care about their employees and patients. The OR staff is tracked in everything they do down to the minute, management pushes for faster times which is not what's best for the patients safety and causes errors by staff. Management lies to and tries to manipulate staff based on he said she said hear say. The Nurses and CRNAs are wonderful caring people who work together and give 110% with little to no benefits. However management looks at numbers only. They don't care about the pt or the staff. Do not apply here. This place needs new management, and I think it COULD be a great place to work.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
management, dishonesty, unsafe for patients and your license
No support from upper management whatsoever!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  TylerJanuary 31, 2015
I moved from quite a distance to work for TMF. What drew me to the hospital was the faith based concept they try to sell. Some follow this concept and some do not based on the actions they display. I became ill with the flu which I contracted at work. I had further complications after having the flu which caused me to miss work due to illness and following a doctors orders. The only ones whose health matters is the patients. It's ok with them to have sick nurses come to work no matter what they have. To me "do no harm" means just that. It means that a sick nurse shouldn't care for patients with poor immune systems. I was terminated for being sick and missing work even though a doctor told me to stay home and away from hospital patients. I provided a note to management for every incident I had to see a doctor which was about 4-5 times in a 2 month period. So basically, if you want to be treated like you don't matter, this would be the place to work!
Pros
aside from upper management i did meet some nice, classy people.
Cons
poor pay, management is uncaring and unsupportive.
every hospital has its pros and cons.
former RN (Former Employee) –  TylerJanuary 10, 2015
Like I said there are no hospitals that are perfect in every department, especially when you have a large hospital with over 300 beds and several specialties. This hospital for the most part is a great faith based place to begin or retire at. All ED's have their busy times where waiting is inevitable. TMFHS has implimented a lot of strategies to help w/ this and has a great staff of nurses and providers along w ancillary staff for the most part. As a former employee of a decade I enjoyed my job and felt that I belonged to a great health system.
Pros
healthcare, room for advancements, great education opportunities for the staff, dedicated personnel from the houskeeping dept up to the md, s for the most part.
Cons
difficult to communicate with upper level mgmt, few people there for a pay check only.
Too many hospitals in same town
Oncology Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 12, 2014
Too competative and does not put patient first. Cares little for front line staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 16, 2014
TMF is a great place to work however, it does not pay as much as most hospitals that are closer.
Pros
great staff
Cons
lack of leadership
Great Place
Unpaid Externship (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 24, 2014
The hospital is a great and friendly place to work. Everyone is so nice and welcoming

CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System Reviews by Location