Industry leading manufacturer is recruiting for a Purchasing Manager's position located in the greater Atlanta metropolitan area. This position will ensure assigned suppliers/spend categories are effectively sourced in order to deliver optimal value. The Purchasing Manager is accountable for assuring the continuous supply and on-time procurement of MRO items to regional site operations.
You will develop long-term strategies for cost effective MRO goods procurement. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining Sourcing Strategy and Savings Goals, managing the Bidding Process, managing Supplier Relationships, and being the driving influence to continually improve the Company's cost position.
- Supervision & development of Purchasing staff
- MRO Supplier relationships and analysis of performance
- Delivers on year-over-year performance goals
- Cost Plan development and implementation, supply base development, performance tracking and reporting
- Analyzes market conditions to ensure material availability
- You will utilize domestic & international sourcing techniques to achieve the best price, delivery, and quality
- You will lead the Supplier consolidation and standardization initiative
- Analyze market and logistical delivery systems for efficiency
- Negotiate directly with Suppliers to secure appropriate cost, schedule, quality, payment & delivery terms
- Analysis of Quality of products and improve Quality Control of product line
- Identify and support continuous improvement opportunities to improve the supply chain effectiveness.
A Bachelor's Degree ..... an MBA degree is a plus......looking for 5+ years of experience purchasing MRO (everything except raw materials) for multiple site operations, and an ability to plan and organize multiple activities concurrently. A C.P.M. Certification is a plus.
You should have a proven track record of applying Supply Chain principals and concepts to achieve optimal results. You should have a working knowledge of purchasing, vendor management, logistics, demand management, and fulfillment processes. Must have ERP system experience. A base salary of $80-100k + Bonus and continued career growth potential. Relocation assistance is available.