**In order to be considered for this position, please apply on CIM Career Website**
Title: Property Management: Maintenance Assistant
Location: Uptown Dallas, Texas
CIM Group (www.cimgroup.com) is a real estate and infrastructure investment firm founded in 1994 with over $9.5 billion in assets under management. The firm currently has offices in Los Angeles, Oakland, Bethesda, New York and London. CIM's urban investing discipline is based on the premise that the best way to create or enhance value is to focus on a community as a whole, by investing in varied assets or asset classes within that given community.
CIM understands that our success hinges on the highest level of motivation and collaborative effort from our team. CIM Group cultivates an entrepreneurial, diverse work environment that rewards motivation, creativity, and integrity. CIM Group's culture:
- Entrepreneurial Environment
- Integrity & Ethics
- Professional Development
- Open Communication
The Residential Maintenance Assistant is responsible for maintaining the buildings' mechanical systems according to CIM Group operating and safety standards. This position will identify all building equipment systems with direction from the Property Manager or Lead Residential Maintenance and will create a preventive maintenance program for each building.
- Working closely with Maintenance Lead and/or Property Manager, Assistant Property Manager, this position will ensure all tenant/building work orders are responded to within 24 hours, maintain a binder with tabs for each unit including ground floor and management office and print out each tenant work order.
- Meet with the property manager, assistant property manager and/or maintenance lead each Monday to review the printed work orders and the following Friday to confirm status of completed work orders.
- Work closely with the property manager, assistant property manager and/or maintenance lead to complete preventive maintenance work in house such as appliances or as may be directed by a member of the property management team.
- Required to repair or maintain the common area items to the standards identified including but not limited to:
- Doors re-key, hang and adjust as required
- Plumbing fix irrigation leaks as they occur
- Lighting replace burnt out bulbs
- Windows re-caulk as required
- Access devices work with Property Manager to ensure all equipment is under contract and properly maintained.
- Set up Fob or key card access updates with Property Manager to building and or parking structures.
- Touch up painting of corridors or public entry ways as requested by Property Manager
- Troubleshoot and perform basic repairs on apartment appliances such as refrigerators, dishwashers, ovens, microwaves, washers/dryers, etc.
- Cleaning of common areas involved, as well as pool maintenance.
- May be required to work weekends or after normal scheduled work hours.
Educational/Experience Requirements (including certifications, licenses, etc):
- High school education required
- Previous experience working in apartment buildings' maintenance
- Previous experienced with painting and drywall repairs, appliance maintenance and keying or replacing unit doors
- Must possess a valid state-issued driver's license.
- EPA certification Type I and II (as required)
Communication Skill Requirements:
- Read and interpret documents such as new appliance maintenance manual, company policies and procedures documents.
- Ability to write correspondence and/or reports accurately in a concise and detail manner.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from tenants, regulatory agencies, other areas of the company, and/or members of the business community.
Please apply at the following link: