Dynamic financial services company is seeking a permanent, full-time Senior Credit Risk Analyst at our headquarters offices in Reno, Nevada or Phoenix, Arizona. In business for 17 years, the Company has over 200 employees, 20 retail locations (four markets), administrative offices in Reno and Phoenix, a call center, and an IT group in India. With the help of a creative business minded person, our focus is to ramp up our web presence, ecommerce, and internet marketing, including a network of financial websites and loan products, all which connect to our proprietary loan management systems.
The Senior Credit Risk Analyst is the owner of the Company underwriting processes; analyzes the portfolio risks of the Company loan products; develops and implements underwriting strategies that enhance revenues and mitigates losses; develops forecasting models to forecast delinquencies, losses, and revenue; provides ad-hoc analysis and project implementation to enhance Company performance. Additionally, this position provides dedicated data reporting and analytics support, using a combination of data warehouse, Business Intelligence, and SAS tools. This position works closely with various Company management teams to define business needs and solutions, while also independently and creatively to manage underwriting performance.
- Develop and maintain reports and dashboards using the Birst Business Intelligence platform.
- Serve as a point person working closely with technology and business development teams to define and understand business metrics and reporting needs and create designs to address them.
- Manage data extraction processes from Company databases to data warehouse(s).
- Analyze, develop, and implement underwriting strategies across multiple Company loan products.
- Analyze, develop, and implement credit line management strategies.
- Analyze, develop, and implement credit collection strategies.
- Analyze, develop, and implement credit fraud mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate with various internal and external partners to implement projects that will improve the overall health of the Company loan portfolios.
- Conduct simple to complex analysis to assess the impact of internal and external changes to the Company loan portfolios.
- Analyze data to provide the basis for strategy deployment.
- Develop revenue and loss forecasting models based on current and proposed underwriting strategies.
- Use data analytic tools (SAS) to conduct statistical modeling leading to useable operating guidelines, metrics and reports.
- Work with regression analysis and build conceptual models.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, or Computer Science.
- Intermediate/Advanced level of SAS programming experience.
- Deep knowledge of loan/credit underwriting principles.
- Deep knowledge of loss and delinquency forecasting methods and model development.
- Experience with risk segmentation tools
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience with data analysis.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience with MS SQL relational databases.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of SAS modeling experience, or similar platform.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills using quantitative approaches.
- Proven passion for creatively generating insights from data.
The Company offers a competitive benefits package and an outstanding working environment. Starting salary: $75k - $125k annually DOE, commensurate with skills and experience.