CMA Employee Reviews

good day at work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJanuary 28, 2018
the physicans are very helpful and lovely patients .I love working with my doctor and helping our patients. everyday you learn something more and patients appreciates your hugs and smiles
Pros
healthstream
Cons
n break and pto hrs are taking for every holiday
Fun workplace
Pettis county alf (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MODecember 27, 2017
The job was always fast paced and something was always happening to keep me on toes. Residents were always nice and kept the work place nice an neat..
Poor Managment
Pain Management & Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCDecember 26, 2017
Face paced work flow. Lots of data entry and one on one with patients. Would have been a great work setting if it had better management. I learned a lot about opiods and helping patients in chronic pain.
Great coworkers. Bad management.
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYNovember 5, 2017
Great coworkers. A serious lack of communication. Seems as if management cares more about production than their team members.If you run over your personal non paid time off, no matter if its an emergency or not (example: Child being born) they will terminate you. will not let you use vacation time for said emergency either.
Pros
Great team in coworkers
Cons
Lack of communication
Great team
Cma (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILNovember 4, 2017
Great team,great managers,every day great opportunity to learn more, applying all knowledge,review patients charts, rooming, taking vitals,order x-rays, MRI, medications
A lot of work
I went PRN (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 27, 2017
I enjoy helping others, but this job was a lot of work for little pay. I don't recommend you start in a psychiatric ward or Alzheimer's facility with having regular experience first. Otherwise you might burn out quickly. Proper training for these kinds of patience is a must.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Constant turn over in employees, and not enough money for what you do.
Data Specialist
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 20, 2017
A typical day at CMA for the position I was working was reviewing over daily contracts from customers. After, reviewing the contracts any changes the customer requested on the contract I made changes to that contract and looked for errors as well.
HIM-EMR Abstractor (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 10, 2017
Enjoyed EMR and loved making sure the doctors had all pertinent information prior to the patients first visit. Came in early to make sure work was done.
Pros
Training of other staff
Cons
No advancement
Awesome
Appalachian Physician Group (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAAugust 20, 2017
worked hard and was a great learning environment. Great place to be if you require a great place to work. just work hard and be yourself and the most of it.
Not a clinic that I feel I can fully use my skills as a CMA at.
CMA (Current Employee) –  Haines City, FLAugust 20, 2017
I have enjoyed working as a CMA Here but I feel like I need more Career advancement opportunities .///////////////////////////////////////////////////
Was a fast paced environment
CMA (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioAugust 18, 2017
A typical day on the job was seeing patients until 2 pm and after that was desk work like prior authorization, referrals phone messages and call backs to patients as well as routing messages to the doctor.
Funloving
Charlotte Gastroenterology and Hepatology (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2017
Very well run company with awesome physicians and PA's. Great place to work. Lots of opportunity to grown and advance within. Great pay and benefits package
Pros
Wonderful
Cons
Energetic, Nothing but making money mattered
Commercial Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLJuly 15, 2017
Always learning something new. Everyone was always full of energy and ready to make money. Never a dull moment when trying to sell the idea of buying timeshare to someone.
very professional
Inside Sales Coordinator- logistics (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 26, 2017
detailed with lots of e-mail good benefits hardest part is keeping up with 200 plus e-mails per day liked the company treated employees well, envirement clean, vacation requests honored 99% of the time
Pros
3 weeks vacation, health dental and vision insurance
Cons
management changed and job requirement changes while in position
Diverse company offering many different opportunities for different talents
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYJune 24, 2017
At the time I joined\left was small and had a family type atmosphere. The CEO was hands on and always a professional with an open door.I had various roles from project management to consulting.
Not managed well.
CMA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Howe, OK 74940June 23, 2017
Bad management. Higher up management only worries about the paycheck, not the clients. They have no problem making you work several shifts in a row. If you complain, they threaten your job.
Great Place
CMA (Former Employee) –  Eureka, KSJune 17, 2017
Great Place to work. Learned more about being a CMA and some nurse duties that I had to do. Supervised employees on my shift. Learned to communicate more with doctors, pharmacies, hospital, family, residents and more of the community.
Pros
Great residents to work with and great management
Cons
Worked 3rd shift which was hard with my home life & family
Friendly and prodcutive
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 8, 2017
People are very friendly and its a calm environment, payment is well and you learn from working at CMA. People are very skittish of blood tests so its helpful to talk to your patient and comfort them.
Pros
Friendly and calm
great
CMA (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 29, 2017
resident are great and work atmosphere is good. we work 8 hour days. The families of residents are very nice and understand our job at hand. just wish employees were appreciated more.
Pros
pto
Cons
busy
Good
Houston County Volunteer Medical Clinic (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMay 16, 2017
Its a great place to gain experience . You learn a lot . Great staff. Well organized placed. I love the atmosphere and the neighborhood, its very relaxing