The Sr. Ab Initio Developer will be responsible for ETL tools development to build a critical DB2 data platform, which supports various data management needs. The incumbent will implement tasks related to data management, data extraction, business/IT rule transformation, data load to target system, and exception management, as well as support other production ETL processes and systems in the data management team. The incumbent will work closely with the Project Manager, Lead Systems Architect, JAVA developers, QA engineers, and Business Analyst throughout the project lifecycle under minimum supervision of project manager.
- Strong understanding and practical experience in the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Software design, development, testing data warehouse and business intelligence applications using ETL tool Ab Initio with DB2 databases.
- Work with Database Developer, JAVA developer, Business Analyst, DBA, System Administrator, and QA engineer to design and implement ETL workflow and programs required for various data systems.
- Design new ETL workflow and/or customize/maintain existing workflows and processes.
- Implement ETL processes primary in Ab Initio.
- Propose Ab Initio features for best design, customization, and user experience.
- Develop SQL, PL/SQL programs, and scripts to support various data operations required by applications.
- Optimize performance by analyzing, ETL workflow and query patterns.
- Manage ETL artifacts in source code management system and deploy to DEV, QA, and Production environments.
- Analyze issues & fix defects during SDLC, troubleshoot production issues, and respond to business users data inquiries.
- Produce ETL design documents, test plans, and system requirements.
- Strong communications skills.
- Experience working with multiple database structures.
- Experience working with multiple ETL tools.
- Experience working with multiple Data Modeling, Analysis and Design and Scripting tools.
- Experience working with coding languages including JAVA.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science +11 years of experience.
Rate $50 per hour
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -