Senior Java developer with architect level experience. Will be responsible for Java Middleware software that interfaces with z/OS and AS400 iSeries applications with a DB2 database
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar with 11 years overall IT experience.
- Experience with object-oriented programming.
- Experience with the Java programming language.
- Experience with SQL and one or more RDMS; preferably IBM DB2.
- Experience with the following Java technologies: Java Servlets/JSP, JAXP, JAXB, JDBC, Apache Ant/Apache Ivy, and JUnit.
- Experience with one or more Java MVC component frameworks; preferably Apache Wicket.
- Experience with one or more Java MVC action frameworks; preferably Spring MVC with annotations (Spring @MVC).
- Experience with XML, XPath, and XSLT.
- Experience with automated unit testing and the XP programming methodology.
- Experience with one or more version control systems; preferably MKS Source Integrity.
- Experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS), Jetty
- Experience with network programming; HTTP and HTTPS.
- Must be able to take a lead role on projects and perform as both a developer and lead.
- Self-starting, hands-on, highly motivated individual required; team player who can adapt to changes in client requirements.
- Ability to read other people’s code and hit the ground running.
- Experience in systems analysis and design.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to research problems and provide solutions.
- May be requested to mentor client project staff.
- Overtime may be required (2-4 hours per week).
- Experience with an Eclipse-based IDE; preferably IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD).
- Experience with Object-Relational Mapping (ORM);
- Experience with Inversion of Control (IoC); preferably using the Spring Framework.
- Experience with web service development; preferably using JAX-WS.
- Experience with message queues; preferably IBM WebSphere MQ.
- Experience with UNIX (Bourne) shell scripting.
- Experience using JUnit with mock objects.
- Experience with scripting IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) using wsadmin and Jython.
- Experience with Eclipse plug-in development.
- Experience with GUI application development; preferably Java Swing.
Develop and maintain technical documentation including, but not limited to:
· Architectural specifications
· Functional design specifications
· User interface design
· Code documentation
· Installation guides
· Release notes
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Groovy, Python, C, C#, Visual Basic.NET, Lisp, Ruby, Perl.
- Development experience on multiple platforms; preferably iSeries (IBM i, i5/OS, OS/400, AS/400), Windows, UNIX/Linux.
- Distributed systems experience.
- Experience with Open Source alternatives for commercial tools.
- Release management experience.
- System administration experience on iSeries, UNIX/Linux, and Windows.
- Experience in the full lifecycle of software development in a release intensive environment.
- Experience translating requirements to design.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science with 11+ years experience
Annual Salary $150,000
Indeed - 17 months ago