CNA Insurance

CNA Insurance Employer Reviews

Large Corporation
Risk Management Consultant (Former Employee), Parsippany , New JerseyFebruary 13, 2015
They had great people working at the company but were going in too many directions to take advantage of their available talent. Some of the very best people I've ever worked with still work at CNA.
Operations Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAFebruary 5, 2015
Company is currently going through some outsourcing and is over changing to say the least. Although they promote work life balance, they don't follow it. You are over worked and under paid.
Nice firm to work for
BO Developer / Admin (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I was a contractor and not a company employee. There were lot of role I had to perform including business analyst, BO developer, BO administrator, etc.
Love the individuals I work with and the environment of the workplace.
New Account Set Up Policy Support Assistance (Current Employee), ColoradoJanuary 24, 2015
Love the individuals I work with and the environment of the workplace.
Productive and fun workplace
Print Services Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2014
We are a results based business, and we value the outcome more than the process. We believe that individuals work in different ways at different speeds.
Excellent Opportunity for Growth and Advancement
Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2014
This is a dynamic environment in which one has an opportunity to learn and grow if committed to hard work, learning, and going the extra mile. It is a pleasure working with experienced, ethical, professionals. The benefits are excellent.
Mail Room/File Room
Mail Room/Support Secretary/File Room (Former Employee), Brookfield, WINovember 23, 2014
• Processed mail and filed documentation
• Developed new losses paperwork and entered them into the system
• Processed payments
• Handled all incoming new losses and entering them into the system
• Responsible for printing all checks
• Made payments on expense invoices
• Assisted in the mail room and at reception
Poor Culture
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Lone Tree, CONovember 11, 2014
The culture in World Wide Operations is abysmal. The company has a chance to be great, but the leadership out of Chicago and Reading does not value employees.
Management is not strong, turnover is constant. on plus side, great technology.
Underwriting (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 6, 2014
Pros: technology
Cons: driven by results only, constant turnover in staff. management can be tough to deal with.
Expect to work very hard, with constanting changing goals.
I enjoyed my year at CNA
Policy Services Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2014
Pros: always venture for something new
Cons: always try to do your best
A typical work day at CNA would be a full work load, but with time to mengle with team mates and manger for some get to know me time. We always had huddles with or without management to make sure if for any reason someone needed assistance for the day or any department updated. And the most enjoyable time was every day, because we always had time for one another. No day appeared long and stregeth out and we always had time to celebrate one another.
Great Environment
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 28, 2014
Only work 1 day a week but would work full time if that was a position available to me.
Great Place to work
Claims Specialist, Indemnity, Medical Maintenance (Current Employee), Dallas TexasOctober 20, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, location
Cons: not a lot of opportunity for advancement outside workers compensation
System is nice and seasoned co-workers are usually willing to help with issues. Sometimes it seems like a lot more data entry than actual claims handling but overall my job here at CNA does allow me to maintain a great work life balance.
Completely very creative and Engaging work place
IT Application Development Specialist | Lead (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2014
It is fantastic to be part of a growing and creative team.
Management is very supportive and encouraging for new ideas.
Co-workers are the best part of the job.
Production and fun job
Clerk (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Good company to work for nice employer good supervisor very nice surrounds and over all a excellent company
Stable Work Environment
Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Melville, NYSeptember 18, 2014
Excellent work environment that encouraged learning and empowerment.
Case Management/Customer Service
Case Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 4, 2014
Providing customers service to Insurance brokers, built life insurance policies, fun job lots of laughter.
Where you want to be if you want a corporate job and a desk.
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COAugust 27, 2014
Pros: work/life balance, pto
Cons: feels like a call center, emphasis is often on speed/volume, not service.
CNA is fantastic at setting a high priority on work/life balance. Because of the way they advance people though, one may end up stuck in the same position for longer than they would like. Work is vastly different than it is made out to be.

If you've ever had the thought that insurance probably isn't for you, it's not. It takes a very special breed of person to excel in this industry.
Horrible company...
Underwriter (Former Employee), TexasJune 30, 2014
Pros: basic benefits available at every other sizeable insurance carrier.
Cons: everything else.
I am so disappointed to what has happened to CNA since I first joined the company several years ago. The organization has become very top-heavy with managers who seem under qualified and inexperienced for the jobs they were hired to do. CNA seem to prefer bringing in inexperienced outsiders to manage the experienced professionals that were already doing well in their positions and should have been promoted. This wasn't my personal situation - just something I observed happening a lot over time. Other things that changed: positive culture changed to a negative, management by fear and negative reinforcement. I actually heard a manager say that they were told in a morning meeting that employees should be a little bit afraid for their jobs every day. I'm not sure how others feel about that, but I quickly decided it wasn't the environment for me and was very happy to say goodbye and move on to company where I am supported and encouraged and enjoy working hard and not because I'm being threatened with my employment every day.
It's getting there
analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 29, 2014
Pros: cool building
Cons: management in finance is the worst!
They cut a lot of the cancer out of this place which is a good first step.
Office located near gorgeous environment
Property Claims Case Manager (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COJune 19, 2014
Office located near gorgeous environment.

Managed complex commercial claims from their National Catastrophe Claims Center

1 2 3 4 5

About CNA Insurance

More than one million businesses and professionals count on CNA for thoughtful solutions, solid products and dedicated services. – Read more