CNA Insurance

CNA Insurance Employee Reviews

Productive company
lead salvage technician and trainer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaJune 7, 2015
CNA was a high producing company with hard working employees providing quality administrative support to claims adjusters and management. A typical work day included continuous time management skills and adapting to constant updates and changes on an almost daily basis. The most enjoyable part of working at CNA was the understanding and compassion of CNA leaders in managing their employees.
My experience at CNA Insurance was very good. I was very fortunate to have had great managers throughout my tenure.
Administrative Assistant and Claim Technician (Former Employee), AtlantaJune 5, 2015
Pros: Very good time-off policies and good benefits.
Cons: none
CNA Insurance is a very good company to work for in my opinion. I learned at lot and gained invaluable knowledge in claim services and administration. I also learned some of the technical aspects of underwriting. CNA provided lots of tools to develop myself professionally. There were also plenty of opportunities for advancement. There was always lots of work to do and I made sure that I learned everything that I could to gain knowledge, skills and the confidence to do more and more. I enjoyed my time at CNA, and I am grateful for it all. My performance assessments were always excellent in every position assigned. I worked on various projects that allowed me to communicate my ideas in teaming sessions, meetings and presentations. I had a great experience at CNA.
Pretty intense!
Risk Control Representative (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 28, 2015
Pros: Company car
Cons: More training is needed
Requires an accelerated level of focus for completion of tasks. The more you get done the more is REQUIRED OF YOU!!! Expect to work 60 plus hours a week. A lot of travel time!!
Good
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 4, 2015
It was a solid place to work overall. The biggest issue was high level of turnover in some areas of the company, especially finance.
Good company
Claim Operations Support Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 4, 2015
Good company to work for. No work from home options though. Good benefits and relaxed start time policies to help provide flexibility.
Production based environment
Statistical Coding (Current Employee), Reading, PAApril 14, 2015
Pros: salary/compensation, co-workers
Cons: healthcare, management
I love working here but the focus as of late is outsourcing for cost efficiency. For quite some time, it seems as though we never have enough staff to meet the demands of our customers.

Working here, I have learned about the insurance industry. I had no knowledge coming into this job and have spent the last 8 years learning all about it. I have also been able to strengthen my computer skills from the basics to some extensive microsoft office skills.

I enjoy my co-workers. We have a very solid team and we mesh well. The team has remained pretty consistent since forming in 2009.

The hardest part of my job is understanding the different coverages as we do not handle only one line of business. We are continuously learning.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to act as a trusted mentor to my team. I am often called upon to assist in resolving issues and I love problem solving.
Process Orientated
Project Manager/Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2015
Pros: process orientated
FTE's and Consultants are treated equally. Company is very process orientated. Management is engaged. Always deploying new technology.
Quiet, isolated, lonely place to work.
IT Procurement Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Ability to work from home.
Cons: Isolation, loneliness.
I met wonderful people and learned a lot about my job. I cared about all my friends and would do anything to protect them. I worked for four years on one floor and was surrounded by coworkers. But then those coworkers were either laid-off or fired and the number diminished. Then I was moved to a different floor and sat on that floor for another four years. My one and only coworker sat on a completely different floor and I was isolated and lonely. All of my conversations with her took place on the phone and I didn't think that was normal. I enjoyed my job, but I could do without the isolation.
No stability always changing to improve without true research
Accounting & Operational Analyst II (Current Employee), Chicago Home OfficeFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: work from home opportunities
Cons: horrible benefits
A lot of micro-managing; don't want to let go of responsibilities or knowledge. Everyone is not held at the same standards which makes working with others hard.
Large Corporation
Risk Management Consultant (Former Employee), Parsippany , New JerseyFebruary 13, 2015
They had great people working at the company but were going in too many directions to take advantage of their available talent. Some of the very best people I've ever worked with still work at CNA.
Operations Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PAFebruary 5, 2015
Company is currently going through some outsourcing and is over changing to say the least. Although they promote work life balance, they don't follow it. You are over worked and under paid.
Nice firm to work for
BO Developer / Admin (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I was a contractor and not a company employee. There were lot of role I had to perform including business analyst, BO developer, BO administrator, etc.
Love the individuals I work with and the environment of the workplace.
New Account Set Up Policy Support Assistance (Current Employee), ColoradoJanuary 24, 2015
Love the individuals I work with and the environment of the workplace.
Productive and fun workplace
Print Services Operator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2014
We are a results based business, and we value the outcome more than the process. We believe that individuals work in different ways at different speeds.
Excellent Opportunity for Growth and Advancement
Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2014
This is a dynamic environment in which one has an opportunity to learn and grow if committed to hard work, learning, and going the extra mile. It is a pleasure working with experienced, ethical, professionals. The benefits are excellent.
Mail Room/File Room
Mail Room/Support Secretary/File Room (Former Employee), Brookfield, WINovember 23, 2014
• Processed mail and filed documentation
• Developed new losses paperwork and entered them into the system
• Processed payments
• Handled all incoming new losses and entering them into the system
• Responsible for printing all checks
• Made payments on expense invoices
• Assisted in the mail room and at reception
Poor Culture
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Lone Tree, CONovember 11, 2014
The culture in World Wide Operations is abysmal. The company has a chance to be great, but the leadership out of Chicago and Reading does not value employees.
Management is not strong, turnover is constant. on plus side, great technology.
Underwriting (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 6, 2014
Pros: technology
Cons: driven by results only, constant turnover in staff. management can be tough to deal with.
Expect to work very hard, with constanting changing goals.
I enjoyed my year at CNA
Policy Services Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2014
Pros: always venture for something new
Cons: always try to do your best
A typical work day at CNA would be a full work load, but with time to mengle with team mates and manger for some get to know me time. We always had huddles with or without management to make sure if for any reason someone needed assistance for the day or any department updated. And the most enjoyable time was every day, because we always had time for one another. No day appeared long and stregeth out and we always had time to celebrate one another.
Great Environment
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 28, 2014
Only work 1 day a week but would work full time if that was a position available to me.

1 2 3 4 5

About CNA Insurance

More than one million businesses and professionals count on CNA for thoughtful solutions, solid products and dedicated services. – Read more

CNA Insurance Salaries