CNA Insurance Employee Reviews

Was a good place to work
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 20, 2017
CNA was a good place to work, they are updated on their computer programs and they are all user friendly. They are a great place to work and have great benefits.
Productive fun place to work
Direct Billing/ Call Center (Current Employee) –  Maitland, FLJune 8, 2017
very respectful, fun, loving, and good team work. Everyone helped each other the greatest thing was the job kept you busy and was always challenging. Hours where day shift and holidays off with pay plus weekends off and great benefits.
Pros
great benefits hours and paid holidays off
Cons
nothing
Good place to work, but lots of politics
IT Project Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2017
Good management, employees and worplace culture. However, you are just a number so if your input for the dollar they pay you doesn't add up, you are downsized, regardless of experience or tenure. Like more places that's true, but her moreso.
Good company to work for but many changes
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2017
Good company to work for due to being a leading insurance carrier, however, there have been many changes, and a lot of uncertainty. Little privacy which could be a con.
Pros
Recognizable brand
Cons
Much uncertainty
lots of data entry
Personal Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 1, 2017
decent company to work for and big enough to move around between departments. I worked in middle markets entering policy info and it just wasn't the best use of my skill set so I moved on
Good company to work for
Billing Analyst Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2017
Business attire
Instrumental in my career and educational growth
Great work culture
Can use more supervisory training and development in WWO area since managers were promoted from production to management.
Worked there at a troubled time
Specialty Lines Underwriter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2017
I worked there too long ago to have this be an accurate reflection of the company today. It was in financially difficult straights and management alienated employees.
Good work life balance, mediocre benefits, great management, flexible hours
Billing and Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 24, 2017
A typical work day in my department consisted of calling clients and following up on past due premiums. I learned reconciliation in depth & expanded my billing, invoicing and collection skills. The management staff at CNA were very perceptive to the employees and encouraged growth and improvement and provided whatever was needed for that to happen.

The most difficult part of the job was probably the stress that comes with collecting money.
Good Place to Work with Lots of Learning Opportunities
Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2017
During my career at CNA, I had the opportunity to move to different departments which increased the breadth of experience in the insurance industry. The Company does a very good of attracting talented individuals.
Currently employed
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2017
Adaptability is crucial. Change in management every 3 years requires flexibility in approach to role as it is subject to modification. Generally a good company to work with.
Great place to work if your not in IT
Asset Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
CNA is a wonderful place to work; if not working in IT. Was a friendly place to be but it depends on what you do for the company. If you sell insurance it would be very hard.
SR. IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2017
Very busy.

50+ open requisitions

When I started there, no IT recruiting had been done in six months.

With in 3 months, I had the entire hiring process in place.
I enjoyed working at CNA, great work exoerience
Claim Technician (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 3, 2017
I enjoyed working at CNA, great work experience. I have been in the insurance business for almost 38 years and I enjoyed working at CNA. That company showed me a lot. I was very disappointed that they sent all of my work overseas.
Pros
recieved some great knowledge regarding the claims bubsiness
Cons
health ins wasn't the greatest.
good people, good benefits
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2017
I feel that the people I worked with at CNA are good people. And the benefits are good.

In the beginning I felt it was a good company to work for, but after they out-sourced the programming work I felt the company cared less about the employees and more about the profit margin.
Workplace Culture Human Resources
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2017
I would not recommend anyone to work for CNA. They don't really value diversity and inclusion and as a person of color I don't see anyone here that represents me or opportunity for advancement beyond an admin role. The culture is stuffy and basically old, frat house. The management has no idea how to lead and if you disagree with any of their ideas, that will prevent you from growing.
Pros
compensation
Cons
terrible management, outdated
Change
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 28, 2017
Under new leadership so a lot of changes. I believe the changes will be for the positive. Old leadership was out of touch with reality. Organization does lack leadership of big projects.
Claim Consultant, Worker's Compensation (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2017
I was involved in TPA WC Oversight and it was challenging , yet rewarding. Working with TPAs was difficult at times. My co-workers were good to work with
Pros
gym, downton Chicago
Cons
logn commute
Good for beginning career
Life Science Underwriting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carolina, ALApril 23, 2017
There was not a good work life balance. The culture changed when the CEO changed. Overall it a ok company. Good place to begin Insurance career for a young adult.
Great Corporation
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2017
Great co-workers and team environment. Advancement opportunities across business units including relocation. Competitive benefits, paid time off and pay..
Pros
Senior Management
CNA Review
Regional Underwriter Mass Marketing Association (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 21, 2017
CNA is not in the group health insurance market anymore. It was a long time ago that I worked there and I have no current familiarity with the company or it's management.
Pros
None.
Cons
None.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CNA Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.