CNN Employee Reviews

They have super high standards...
Technical Director/Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2016
CNN's employees are subjected to somewhat ridiculous standards. I have been working in television for a while now and I would say without a doubt that CNN has taken the tv production model, and combined multiple roles into one, making things sometimes impossible, but yet you are still expected to perform at that level 100% of the time...no excuses. It's a harder environment than most.
An excellent place to work
Creative Brand Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2016
As an intern I have learned so much about my field. I am not treated like an intern but rather an employee, which is great. I have been very fortunate to sit on executive meetings and leadership training sessions, which has taught me that CNN really cares about their employees.
New Day
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2016
• Assist production assistants with daily tasks of printing and running scripts to anchors
• Transcribed interviews for editing for producers and writers
• Researched potential guests for segments and shows
• Confirmed daily guest cars for guests appearing on New Day
Creative, Productive, Smart
Senior Promo Writer Producer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2016
Great co-workers
Really cool offices
Exceptional marketing manager
Duties: Write copy, select music, supervise shoots, editors, audio engineers and voice talent
great team to work with
International Desk Editor and Acting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2016
international desk is changing rapidly and under new management is running a tighter shift with a strong focus and easy deliverables.
Productive and business oriented
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2016
Take family very seriously. Family oriented
The everyday working environment was productive while down to earth.
No one breathing down your backs.
Pros
Great working environment, Family oriented
Cons
Room for growth.
Great place to worrk
Electronic Graphics Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2016
I spent 12 years at CNN , I had a great experience.But when Iwas laid off and no one reached out to me I was very hurt and dissappointed. I wanted to stay but I felt like n oone really cared about me.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
getting laid off
Great benefits and co workers
Assignment editor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 1, 2016
I worked with CNN affiliate stations in the western part of the country. If I liked their stories I would bring them in and pitch them to other affiliates and or CNN plat forms.
I loved my co-works. I got to work with some of the best journalist in the world.
Pros
Free medical clinic in the building
Cons
CNN made some changes and I didn't fit into their plans
Experience varies by department
Production Designer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2016
coworkers are wonderful and very supportive to each other. it's a great environment to push each other, to share and learn as a team. unfortunately, much of that can be negated by out-of-touch management.
Pros
camaraderie
Cons
management
Timing
Cable News Network Communications Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2016
I had the chance to work for a news organization during a Presidential election which was an amazing experience. It was easy to get to because of the location of the Fordham Lincoln Center campus, being that we have a shuttle that goes there from the Rose Hill campus.
Great Resume Builder
Programming Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2016
I felt that this company didn't offer many professional development opportunities, and if they were offered it wasn't offered company wide. I think management could work on providing coaching opportunities and being open about feed back (giving and receiving). This place is a great opportunity to build your resume and learning how to carry yourself in corporate world, but chances at advancing throughout the company are given to the favorites.
Pros
Working at CNN
Cons
No professional development opportunities, recruiters are hard to reach out to, opportunities for advancement or saved for the favorites
Amnesia
Senior Broadcast Engineering System Tech (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2016
This channels new is so repetitive that lost interest. I had to leave because I do take pride in my work. What I did enjoy was installing and running the first virtual broadcast of the 2008 election for CNN.
Shallow in its thinking
Senior Producer (Former Employee) –  AylaApril 4, 2016
CNN in general has become short-sighted in its outlook on news and employees. Older, senior employees are not valued and even laid off.
Benefits
Cons
Office politics, poor management
CNN is a provides a clean and organized workplace environment
Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2016
A typical day at CNN involves a fast paced, high energy atmosphere. Our management staff is very knowledgeable and is very supportive of personal career development.
Exciting place to work
CNN HR INTERN (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2016
CNN was very fun and exciting. I learned so much in the HR department. It is always something new to learn and there is opportunity to grow.
Pros
Relaxing environment
Cons
N/A
Great place to work. Very exciting.
Floor Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 12, 2016
Great Live Production Team. Fast Paced environment. Hard to move up the chain of command. Lots of changes last minute to schedules and demands of production.
Mind-stimulating and enriching work envirnoment
INTERNATIONAL NEWS EDITOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2015
I like working for CNN. In fact, I worked for CNN most of my professional life. I like the people I work with.They come from different backgrounds and are smart and fun to work with. I very specifically like and respect the mind-set and ethics that govern CNN as a news organization.
Job
SO (Former Employee) –  NYDecember 2, 2015
Working at CNN, there is a lot of enjoyable perks and an awesome benefits package that you would not receive anywhere else. The company really cares about their employees, which makes it the ideal place to work.
A typical day
Field Producer (Freelance) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 14, 2015
A typical day at work is that it will be atypical. CNN is a 24/7 news company which means your schedule as a curator or writer of news is likely to change at any given moment. It's an element of the job that is somewhat expected but can wear one out after a while.
Pros
Workers are friendly and passionate about what they do
Cons
No clear path for growth. It's all about who you know, even in the building.
Overall Exciting, but limited upward mobility
Technical Operations, Floor Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 27, 2015
I worked at this company for 10 years, and to say they got their money's worth out of me would be an understatement. I ran all of their high profile show and special events and resigned to find a company that would pay me better for my talents.
Pros
High Profile Job
Cons
Compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CNN. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3