Senior Staff Engineer (Systems)
COLR Technology – Santa Clara, CA
The Idea Zoo Inc.
The Idea Zoo works with major universities to help find applications for their advanced material inventions. We partner with them to identify inventions with commercial value, and then leverage our partnerships with leading advanced materials companies such as BASF to further develop and ultimately commercialize the inventions. Our research and development process places us at the cutting edge of technological developments yielding highly attractive options for partner companies to create and commercialize new inventions.
To learn more about our company and one of our advanced materials that is a revolutionary photonic color technology, please visit www.colrtechnology.com
Senior Staff Engineer (Systems):
This position reports to the Director of Systems Solution and will focus on building leading edge product prototypes, test instrumentation, and fabrication technologies for applications with building COLR. You will work closely with customers and Materials Suppliers, Synthesis Scientists to define product targets, process flows, and design and characterize new devices and components, develop new manufacturing modules, processes and vehicle platforms. The Sr. Staff Engineer will also be responsible for assuring a successful transfer of new technologies to manufacturing; experience and exposure to Design for Manufacturing methods is valuable.
Job Description: Senior Staff Engineer (Systems) as individual contributor and team player will create fully functional product concepts, and manufacturing modules that demonstrate COLR technology.
- M.Eng, MS or BE with 7-8 years’ experience in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Mechanical Engineering as it applies to Design of Manufacturing Systems, Robotics.
- Experience in optical science (spectrometers, optical fibers,…. etc.), semiconductor and/or MEMS processes and devices are essential
- Skills in device physics design and processing are highly desirable.
- Knowledge of thin films coatings, optical interface design (matching index), and process control is desirable.
- Exposure/Experience in design of electromagnetic systems (e.g. design/use/application of electromagnets, permanent magnets)
- Candidates should have excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and communication skills for success
- Experience and understanding of process development methods.
- Be innovative in assessing and characterizing system performance.
- Be an independent thinker and yet work collaboratively with the team.
- Have good communication and presentation skills.
- Have experience with CAD systems.
- Excellent judgment and decision making capabilities.
- Ability to bring additional competencies and skill sets as mandated by changing needs of the organization.
Santa Clara or Sonoma, CA
COLR Technology Research & Development
About the Idea Zoo, Inc.:
The Idea Zoo, Inc. is a leading technology and licensing company that develops and creates innovative technologies that enhance products worldwide. Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, The Idea Zoo provides value in all phases of product development, from initial concept, through manufacturing and commercialization.
About COLR™ Technology:
COLR Technology was developed by Dr. Yadong Yin, senior advisor to Idea Zoo, Inc. Utilizing a now patented synthesis process Dr. Yin and his teams were able to create and control superparamagnetic crystals that can be controlled magnetically to refract specific wave lengths of light to create a form of structural color. Structural color has many characteristics that differ from those of chemical pigments or dyes. The unique colors originating from the physical structures are iridescent and metallic, and cannot be mimicked by chemical dyes or pigments. COLR™ Technology is the first proprietary and patented photonic crystal system to create tunable structural color that can achieve unlimited colors and designs on demand. COLR™ Technology is a developed and licensed brand under the Idea Zoo, Inc. For more information visit www.colrtechnology.com.