COLR Technology – Santa Clara, CA
The Idea Zoo Inc.
The Idea Zoo works with major universities to help find applications for their advanced material inventions. We partner with them to identify inventions with commercial value, and then leverage our partnerships with leading advanced materials companies such as BASF to further develop and ultimately commercialize the inventions. Our research and development process places us at the cutting edge of technological developments yielding highly attractive options for partner companies to create and commercialize new inventions.
To learn more about our company and one of our advanced materials that is a revolutionary photonic color technology, please visit www.colrtechnology.com
As the Staff Engineer the specific tasks include supporting systems design, prototyping activities, instrumentation and data acquisition for high performance color applications and be responsible for product prototype evolution. The Staff Engineer will work closely with our proprietary COLR Solutions, and new devices and components.
Job Description: In this hands-on role candidate will support technology development activities through mechanical/electrical design, modeling, and track activities diligently.
- B. Eng, in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Physics with at least 2 years industrial experience.
- Highly proficient in automation program such as LabView (National Instruments) programming and measurement equipment interfacing (GPIB/USB).
- Data acquisition and processing expertise.
- Proficient in mechanical drawing using CAD software (e.g. Solidworks, AutoCAD, Pro-Engineer etc.) and has experience with jigs/fixtures machining.
- Prototyping experience: electrical circuitry, soldering, plastics & metal part assembly.
- Candidates should have excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and communication skills for successful inter-group and intra-group interactions.
- Hands on Design Experience.
- Be innovative and creative.
- Be diligent, meticulous and rigorous with documentation. Record steps in assessing and characterizing system performance.
- Be collaborative and think openly with the team.
- Have good communication and presentation skills.
- Have experience with CAD systems.
Santa Clara or Sonoma, CA
COLR Technology Research & Development
About the Idea Zoo, Inc.:
The Idea Zoo, Inc. is a leading technology and licensing company that develops and creates innovative technologies that enhance products worldwide. Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, The Idea Zoo provides value in all phases of product development, from initial concept, through manufacturing and commercialization.
About COLR™ Technology:
COLR Technology was developed by Dr. Yadong Yin, senior advisor to Idea Zoo, Inc. Utilizing a now patented synthesis process Dr. Yin and his teams were able to create and control superparamagnetic crystals that can be controlled magnetically to refract specific wave lengths of light to create a form of structural color. Structural color has many characteristics that differ from those of chemical pigments or dyes. The unique colors originating from the physical structures are iridescent and metallic, and cannot be mimicked by chemical dyes or pigments. COLR™ Technology is the first proprietary and patented photonic crystal system to create tunable structural color that can achieve unlimited colors and designs on demand. COLR™ Technology is a developed and licensed brand under the Idea Zoo, Inc. For more information visit www.colrtechnology.com.