This position is responsible for administering and maintaining cost/pricing data within our business systems, including procedures to ensure that pricing information for vendor accounts is within company guidelines. As part of the National Pricing team, you will be the point person handling the day-to-day activities associated with set-up, updates, release and visibility of our vendor product pricing. Work closely with the pricing analysts to understand their needs with the vendor cost/list changes via price files while ensuring timely and accurate systems updates. Establish, maintain and analyze price reference documentation, and make recommendations that will facilitate optimal pricing decisions to be made by the National Pricing Department.
1. Update system with new vendor costs and create business system price files.
2. Update pricing in business system and manage price change implementation in the system.
3. Responsible for communicating with our vendors to ensure timely notification of the vendor’s cost/ list price revisions.
4. Timely and accurate input of pricing information relating to main frame and price files, deviations and analysis cost.
5. Analyze and report on the effects of vendor cost/list price changes including percentage change variance over current cost/list pricing.
6. Ensure pricing procedures are followed, assist with analytical support for measuring price margins and manage development of price files.
7. Conduct transaction reviews, checks and corrects errors in product costs.
8. Manufacture’s price files maintenance and release including validation to ensure consistent pricing.
9. Administration of on-line vendor pricing library including original vendor price files, edited price files, and text files.
10. Catalog creation, control and release dates
11. Identify related products by business segment for product comparisons.
12. Execute monthly distribution of deviated price summaries and margin analysis to senior management.
13. Conduct monthly review of prices by part category to ensure consistency across similar items and within the competitive market.
14. Establish a system of documentation, communication and review of internal and external comparative price data.
15. Manage price change execution related to SPAs and quotes, including data integrity and consistency.
16. Initiate improvement projects – identify, design and implement process improvements within the department and business.
17. Manage the generation, maintenance and document control of vendor pricing materials
18. Perform ad-hoc analysis on methods to optimize price file formatting, updates and maintenance.
19. Documentation, communication and review of internal and external comparative cost / price data including like products, manufacture list, and aftermarket versus exclusive lines.
20. Work on special or periodic projects as needed including analysis of cost to serve elements, pricing process improvement analysis, special testing required for system changes, etc.
21. Provide regular and ad hoc pricing analysis and reporting for management.
22. Assumes other special activities and responsibilities from time to time as required.
23. Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with Company Standards of Business Conduct.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Accounting or Technical Discipline.
- 3-5 years experience in related capacity including Cost Accounting, Price management, Data management, AS400
- Experience creating/modifying price files/tapes using business system tools, access database tools and excel spreadsheets.
- Strong analytical and financial acumen.
- Accuracy, great attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and effective oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to contribute both individually and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of related areas: Pricing, Marketing and IT.
- Industry experience is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access and AS400.