The Connecticut Humane Society in Newington is looking for an experienced full time Facilities Manager to oversee three facilities. This position is benefit eligible. This position will be responsible for planning and managing all repairs and improvements at the three sites, overseeing construction projects, creating a preventive maintenance program and overseeing contracted firms providing maintenance. The incumbent must be able to learn all aspects of the shelter environment including but not limited to mechanical systems, safety requirements and shelter equipment. Prior experience with trouble shooting HVAC systems is required. This position will also have oversight of our fleet of vehicles ranging in size from a pick-up truck to a bus.
- HVAC, electrical or technical school degree and training required. HVAC experience preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years previous facilities maintenance/engineering experience required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, schematics, specifications, codes and handbooks.
- Manage own time on a daily basis with little supervision
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- May be required to work extended periods of time without relief, when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime-type assignments)
- Knowledge of computer systems for HVAC and general office use preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Connecticut Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V..